Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

ELVIS UNIQUE RECORD CLUB

Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:26 pm

Hi everyone. I have been a member here on this forum for ages but seldom post, although I enjoy reading the differing views of everyone on this board and visit every day. I have been collecting Elvis records and memorabilia for almost 20 years now.

I have recently had dealings with PL at the Unique Record Club and unfortunately have reason to question the authenticity of some of the paper items sold to me. I have raised the issue with the seller and await his reply.

I purchased some Christmas postcards, a King Creole bonus photo and a set of bootleg picture sleeves, from his first 14 singles, advertised to be from 1968. All items appeared brand new and the postcards and photo appeared to be ink-jet reproductions printed off on modern photo-quality paper.

What I would like to know is if anyone on this MB has had dealings with this individual in the past and if you were satisfied with what you received or the service given. I would appreciate the input from fellow collectors.

Giving the seller the opportunity to respond, I reserve judgement at present. I will update once I receive a reply.

elvisonline

Re: ELVIS UNIQUE RECORD CLUB

Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:56 pm

elvisonline wrote:Hi everyone. I have been a member here on this forum for ages but seldom post, although I enjoy reading the differing views of everyone on this board and visit every day. I have been collecting Elvis records and memorabilia for almost 20 years now.

I have recently had dealings with PL at the Unique Record Club and unfortunately have reason to question the authenticity of some of the paper items sold to me. I have raised the issue with the seller and await his reply.

I purchased some Christmas postcards, a King Creole bonus photo and a set of bootleg picture sleeves, from his first 14 singles, advertised to be from 1968. All items appeared brand new and the postcards and photo appeared to be ink-jet reproductions printed off on modern photo-quality paper.

What I would like to know is if anyone on this MB has had dealings with this individual in the past and if you were satisfied with what you received or the service given. I would appreciate the input from fellow collectors.

Giving the seller the opportunity to respond, I reserve judgement at present. I will update once I receive a reply.

elvisonline

Great guy. I heard he is the only person in the world who can supply you with the "Elvis in concert" LP autographed by Elvis. Complete with certificate of authenticity.
Not to mention he can supply 5 copies of items of which only 1 was made!
And fast service too. I sent money for 5 LP's in 1971 but it is not his fault the mailman does not know where The Netherlands is located.

Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:23 pm

elvisonline,

Get ready for a possible barrage of sarcastic replies to your post. Others will be straightforward dislike and disgust towards him, I'm sure. PL's reputation is crap, and he earned every ounce of it. Avoid him like the plague.

Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:54 pm

He's a two-step guaranteed way to never get ripped off by PL:

Don't order anything from him.
Don't send him any money.

Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:39 pm

I just checked out that guys site. Turns out he's located very close to me in Mesa, AZ. What's his source for all of Elvis' personal belongings? Only $30,000 for the red shirt Elvis wore in TTWII!

Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:45 pm

Trevell wrote:Only $30,000 for the red shirt Elvis wore in TTWII!

Yeah, and I think he'll give you a discount if you buy 5 of them. :lol: