Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Edwin
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Hawaii USA versus Paradise Hawaiien Style

Post by Edwin »

Being a seventies collector I have this (probably easy) question for the sixties-fans:
Can one of you tell me if the songs ´Paradise Hawaiian Style´ and ´Hawaii USA´ are indeed one and the same?
I´m referring to the song used over the opening/arrival scenes of the Aloha From Hawaii video/DVD.
On which cd can I find the version used in Aloha?

Thanks,
Edwin

elvis-fan

Post by elvis-fan »

To answer your question, yes!
You can find the song on this "Double Features" CD:

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

Just as an aside; isn't it strange that to hear a song like this 'out-of-context' [on the Aloha special] makes it sound ten times better than on the soundtrack of the original film [when it was just another 'throw-away' film song] !

Or is it just me ?

Colin B
Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions - Voltaire

Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Why the hell did they use those diff'rent titles?
With the song being Hawaii USA they still could've called the movie Paradise Hawaiian Style...

Sonny

Richard Grant

Post by Richard Grant »

The songs title is Hawaii usa, he sings the words Hawaii usa in the song. Its listed on the log sheet as Hawaii usa. So some twat must have thought lets change ther title to one that does not fit ????

elvis-fan

Post by elvis-fan »

On the "Double Features" CD the title of the song is actually "Paradise Hawaiian Style"

James27

Post by James27 »

I agree with Colin, that song "Paradise Hawaiian Style" sounds very amusing, very "sunny" and fun as part of the Aloha from Hawaii opening sequence, when he arrives per helicopter.

When I first saw Aloha, many a moon ago, I thought this was actually a 70s number because Elvis' voice sounded so heavy and mature. Later on I learned it was from 1965. and a movie song. I still like that song btw, though it's arguably pop fluff. Or am I being to negative here? :)

Joe Krein interview with Sherril Nielsen: "YOU KNOW YOU FORGET HOW GOOD HE REALLY WAS. I SAID MY GOODNESS. YOU KNOW WHEN YOU ARE WITH HIM YOU ARE SO WRAPPED UP DOING THE SHOW, BUT HERE NOW 20 YEARS LATER, I HEAR HIM AND REALIZE WHAT A GREAT TALENT HE WAS. HE WAS THE REAL DEAL.