ELVIS'S POLICE JACKET & BLUE & WHITE RUNNING SUIT?

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Curtis Todd
Registered for: 20 years 3 months

ELVIS'S POLICE JACKET & BLUE & WHITE RUNNING SUIT?

Post by Curtis Todd »

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has photos of ELVIS in his BLUE & WHITE running suit or photos of him wearing his POLICE WINDBREAKER JACKET? I'm sure they're many pictures of these and I welcome all member to post their's here for everyone to see. Does anyone have a close-up shot of the badge decale on the jacket? From the few pictures I've seen in the past I really can't make it out too well. Thank you. :lol:

Curtis Todd cupek@aol.com

Hillbilly_Cat
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Hillbilly_Cat »

anyone want to bet we start seeing "Elvis Presley's jacket" on eBay soon?

:wink:

Tom in North Carolina

Post by Tom in North Carolina »

LOL

Tom

Melanie
Registered for: 19 years 6 months

Post by Melanie »

This suit?

? Center ? I can't read the full name on the 4th photo.

http://tinyurl.com/72uoz

I bet that paperback is going to show up on eBay sooner or later.
What's the title anyway? Omen?

Topic author
Curtis Todd

ELVIS'S RUNNING SUIT & POLICE JACKET PHOTO'S

Post by Curtis Todd »

Thanks for the photos, I think Elvis looked so cool and casual in those running suits. Elvis probably figured since his weight fluctuated so much that the running suits would come in handy instead of buying a whole new wardrobe everytime his weight went up. It also looks like the king was carrying a copy of the Omen in his hand. Wow! I hope other member's will also post their cool photos of Elvis in his running suits and Police Jackets. Does anyone have blow- up shots of his jacket patches? Thanks. :lol:

Curtis Todd cupek@aol.com

Melanie

Post by Melanie »

What's that Health Center on the jacket patch?

I found a cover photo of the 1976 version of the book.
Great literature to read during a flight! :D

Topic author
Curtis Todd

Post by Curtis Todd »

Hello Melanie,

Thanks for the cover art of the book Elvis was reading in the previous post. Yeah, what reading material for a flight. lol.
I too would love to know what fitness center is on Elvis's runnung suit? I sure hope someone can help with that and the other requests for Elvis's running suit and police jacket photos. :lol:

Curtis Todd

SouthPaw

Post by SouthPaw »

A member of this board actually owns that very book Elvis had in this photo..

"Ambition is a dream with a v8 engine" - Elvis

Topic author
Curtis Todd

Post by Curtis Todd »

Really? That is very cool. I wonder if Elvis doodled it the book at all?

Elvis' Babe
Registered for: 20 years
Mood:

Post by Elvis' Babe »

nice reading material! lol!

well, i think we can put elvis down on the i like scary horror books list. interesting that he picked up a copy with 8 pages of movie photos. :lol:

i totally learned something new today.

hey, does anybody have a list of movies people recall him watching or ones he is known to have liked?

hmm...yeah that sweatsuit seems to be a health center outfit. i like the last pic there best.

"Thank you very much. Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to the big, freaky International Hotel. Those little weirdo dolls on the walls. And those little funky angels on the ceiling. Uh, this is my first live appearance in 9 years. H-uhh! Thank you. I've appeared dead a few times, but this is my first live appearance. Before the evening is up, I will have made a complete and total fool of myself, and I hope you get a kick out of watching it." --EP

SouthPaw

Post by SouthPaw »

Curtis Todd wrote:Really? That is very cool. I wonder if Elvis doodled it the book at all?
Yep pretty much with all the books Elvis enjoyed your can find markings through out the books he owned.

"Ambition is a dream with a v8 engine" - Elvis

Melanie

Post by Melanie »

Elvis' Babe wrote:hey, does anybody have a list of movies people recall him watching or ones he is known to have liked?
According to his step-brother David Stanley's book, Elvis favorite 10 films were:

PATTON
DR. STRANGELOVE
MONTY PYTHON & THE HOLY GRAIL
THE PARTY
THE PINK PANTHER films
The DIRTY HARRY films
THE WILD BUNCH
ACROSS 110th STREET
ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST
A STREETCAR NAMED DESIRE

So is this to be taken with a grain of salt?

He sure must have liked Peter Sellers and other accounts indicate that he loved doing Inspector Clouseau's phony English with a French accent.

The most accurate account of which films he screened is probably in the book "Day by Day". At the theater, if he didn't like a film, he ordered to stop the projection and start another film.

In an 1960 interview he states that he doesn't like to read Bestsellers, but that may have changed according to his mood. Before he boards the ship to Germany he says he has read "Leaves Of Gold" (mainly poems) on the train. Other than that I don't know what other books he read besides his religious, spiritual literature. From some accounts you could really get the idea that the later was all he ever read.

Johnny 99

Post by Johnny 99 »

thanks for more great photos Paul!!

''I'm a good guy, basically'' - Tony Soprano

''if I ever got to the place where I could feel all old Arthur felt, I’d be a music man like nobody ever saw.” - Elvis Presley (1956)

Topic author
Curtis Todd

Post by Curtis Todd »

Yeah, I think I read year's ago in one of my old East German's For Elvis fan club magazines that The King was given that flashlight by his daddy Vernon in I think 1975 for his 39th Birthday and that Elvis called it his lucky-light.