Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

SCHMIDLIN HAS SEEN EVERY SECOND OF TTWII FILM!!!!!

Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:54 am

Say guy's why can't we just contact Schmidlin with a list of the shows and he can just tick off what exists? After all no one is even sure if this 11 disc bootlegg dvd contains everything.

I just cannot understand why "The Next Step Is Love" wasn't recorded from opening night Jesus why wasnt the whole Opening night Concert recorded,it just doesnt make sense.

I need closure on this,if that incredible version of "Youv'e Lost That Loving Feeling" with reprise wasnt filmed i for one need to know one way or the other.

Also that Alternate "I Just Cant Help Believing" from the 12th>? Anyway it's much more soulfull version as is TNSIL.

They recorded nearly 3 live versions of Patch It Up etc.

Schmidlin has the answers,everyone else does not know because they havent seen everything like Schmidlin has.

I for one want to know once and for all what exists and how much.

It would take Schmidlin less than an hour of his time to put this to rest,once and for all.

Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:06 am

If he isn't a fan/expert he will only be able to provide vague answers. He will not remember dates and versions of this or that rehearsal etc. It has been over 5 years.

Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:31 am

JLGB,

Yeah schmidlin's a fan i think,Surely his memory aint so bad that he would forget what he saw?

Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:52 am

Why don’t you do us all a favor and get in touch with him then, Gerry. Talk is cheap.

Ken

Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:05 am

That sounds like a challenge to me, Gerry. We'll be waiting to hear from you on what he says when you talk to him.

schmidlin

Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:57 am

... No doubt this must have been the highlight in Schmidlin his life...Im sure he hasnt forgotten any of it?! Sarcastic? Who? Me?!

Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:28 pm

If you know something, please tell us!!! :shock:

Re: SCHMIDLIN HAS SEEN EVERY SECOND OF TTWII FILM!!!!!

Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:28 pm

GERRY wrote:They recorded nearly 3 live versions of Patch It Up etc.

I throught he only did twice Patch It Up. One from August 10th and the other from August 12th DS. What´s the other LIVE version of it that I don´t know??

Re: SCHMIDLIN HAS SEEN EVERY SECOND OF TTWII FILM!!!!!

Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:32 pm

Renan wrote:
GERRY wrote:They recorded nearly 3 live versions of Patch It Up etc.

I throught he only did twice Patch It Up. One from August 10th and the other from August 12th DS. What´s the other LIVE version of it that I don´t know??

Patch It Up should have been a regular in Elvis's set in my opinion. Really gave him a chance to do an energetic contemporary song, as he did with Suspicious Minds.

Jules

Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:36 pm

You you can't realistically expect him to do that in that short amount of time.

I am reasonably familiar with what is currently in the black market place, but I am confused my self as to what is what and from what show etc and whether thats the same show/song but from another angle etc etc. or even if a clip I'm watching was released on SE of whether its still unreleased.

The reason is because I've been buried too deep in it to step back and enjoy it and take it in at a pace that I can comfortably do so. Now I've not done a tiny fraction of what he did with the footage and yet I know how its got to me.

I know why some of it never made it to release even though the audio is great the footage wasn't, people getting in the way etc or if two cameras rolling the other was pointing at a band members foot or whatever.

There is potentially a stunning I Just Cant Help Beleivin which I'm looking into at the mo. The strange thing is that it appears that the mounted a camera on a crane inside the showroom that went up/over/across the audience for an initial few seconds.
Thats 25 years before MTV did that at music award ceremonies :lol:

14th august

Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:42 pm

I'm fascinated to think that they may even have filmed some on stage stuff AFTER august 13th!!?? Anyone have any more info on this?

Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:21 pm

If anything Schmidlin might have kept a list of inventory. :? And couldn't it very well be that his team did not find every film can / all stock prior to producing the DVD?

What he said in an interview back in 2001.

- Every camera did not shoot every second and we did not have as much to work with as everbody dreamed off. Because there was audio that didn't mean that there was picture. We did the best we could with the what was able to be found.

- There is no known picture on Stranger In My Own Hometown - Froggy Went A' Courtin' - Stagger Lee - Cotton Fields - Memories - Peter Gun Theme, all rehearsal.

- I have not seen "This Is Elvis"

- For some reasen they only shot cut a ways and wide shots with red belt. Never did they seem to do a complete song.

- Everybody thinks there is really a lot more then there is. I would say at best I have found enough unseen footage to fill up to sixty minutes in time .They did not shoot every song. Certain people think that everybody has held back material, that is not the case.

- Single camera performances will have to be used to make that sixty minutes happen. It was very hard to make the cut of the film we had. My goal to give the fan everything that we can find that works. I personally am not holding back anything, that statement has been made by those who have not spent the time I have with this material. So please understand there is not and never was enough footage for even three hours with what we have. This film was shot with film not video.

- They never shot an entire night. In fact the opening fringe suit is all we have. There are stills but the footage was not shot. Today on video we shoot everything but then it was pick and choose and they (this crew) had never shot a concert like this before on film . I am an independent producer and not a studio employee. I have had access to all files and the vaults, if I could find more I would. I love working with Elvis footage but reality is reality.

- By 1970 16 track recordings were "the thing". The guys who miked it were very green. One mike for Ronny and two for the entire orchestra mixed in one channel, Charlie got two! I used Bruce Botnic for the new mix. He engineered The Doors albums and produced the L.A. Woman Album. Bruce is one of the best still around. He did a favour to Elvis.

Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:30 pm

Melanie wrote:
- By 1970 16 track recordings were "the thing". The guys who miked it were very green. One mike for Ronny and two for the entire orchestra mixed in one channel, Charlie got two! I used Bruce Botnic for the new mix. He engineered The Doors albums and produced the L.A. Woman Album. Bruce is one of the best still around. He did a favour to Elvis.

Botnic did a good job with Doors LA Woman (which had Jerry Scheff on bass) but his mixing on TTWII SE is crap. The cd's that we have from different shows sound a lot better even though they are only stereo. DD 5.1 mix should sound a lot better. I collect music dvd's and with a prober mixing and decent home theater system they blow you away. TTWII sounds really thin.

Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:51 pm

I think another show with the fringe suit was shot from the balcony. We have the moment from the 1970 film when a woman in pink gets onstage to kiss Elvis. That can be also from Opening Night, but in the SE there were segments from Suspicious Minds in fringe suit, and he didn't perform that number on Aug, 10.

Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:56 pm

Perhaps Joe Tunzi will give us some of the answers in his new book "The Documentaries"?

Keith Richards, Jr.

Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:16 pm

Spanish_Eyes wrote:I think another show with the fringe suit was shot from the balcony. We have the moment from the 1970 film when a woman in pink gets onstage to kiss Elvis.

She probably walked over tables and knocked over glasses to get on stage. Is it just me or doesn't Elvis see her coming? She crashes into him. And Charlie doesn't do anything about it. Anyway could it possibly be that this material has been filmed by the camera crane ?, that Steve has been talking about? Rick Schmidlin talks about two cameras. That number is obviously the "big monsters" and not the handheld cameras.

Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:33 pm

Spanish_Eyes wrote:I think another show with the fringe suit was shot from the balcony. We have the moment from the 1970 film when a woman in pink gets onstage to kiss Elvis. That can be also from Opening Night, but in the SE there were segments from Suspicious Minds in fringe suit, and he didn't perform that number on Aug, 10.

This shot from the balcony you can see the band members are in white clothes. The Opening Night had the band dressed in black clothes.
But I don´t know the exact date.

Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:52 pm

The shot with the woman has Charlie dressed in black.

Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:56 pm

As always, I believe there's a lot more filmed/recorded material than what "the officials" say. The newly discovered EOT and TTWII material should be evidence enough.
I just hope that EPE starts focusing on releasing some of the unreleased footage that are still in the vaults (I know the footage is not in the EPE vaults, but if they really wanted it to be released, I'm sure they could work something out with MGM, Turner or whoever).
We got some new footage in "The Lost Performances" (which is no longer available, and has never been available on DVD :roll: ), and some new footage in TTWII SE, but there's still so much left. What are they waiting for??
I'm sure a DVD with unreleased footage would sell a lot more than all the Greatest Hits compilations they're releasing (which are actually being boycotted by lots of fans, and will therefore not sell too good).
Oh well...

Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:07 pm

Thx for all your replies guys,very informative and interesting.

Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:23 pm

I'm sure a DVD with unreleased footage would sell a lot more than all the Greatest Hits compilations they're releasing (which are actually being boycotted by lots of fans, and will therefore not sell too good).
Oh well...[/quote]

I'm glad to hear that some fans are boycotting these usless cd's they're putting out there just to make an extra dollar. Maybe now BMG will see that they can't just put out anything on Elvis and expect the die hard's to even want it,especially when they already have it.

I haven't bought a new Elvis cd since EAS came out. If they remix/remaster the sound in superior high quality or SACD then I'll buy it. Until then...nope!

Another thing, why can't they get that guy that did The Doors 'LA Woman' cd remaster to do ALL of Elvis' cd's? That's my boyfriend's cd and favorite rock band and the sound on LAW is AMAZING!