Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

footage on HE TOUCHED ME dvd's

Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:00 pm

I wonder if this set has unseen footage ???
By the way do you guys recommend it??
Thanks! :D

Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:15 pm

Hi!

The "He Touched Me" DVD is highly recommended. It's got a few rare pieces of footage (like Elvis being driven around the Houston Astrodome in a red jeep), but it's strength is all the interviews with people close to Elvis (such as Donnie Sumner, JD, Ed Enoch, Ray Walker, Gordon Stoker, etc). Many great stories! :D
Only thing I find odd is the inclusion of "I'll remember you" - I really don't consider that a gospel song...

Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:57 pm

Stranger in the crowd
I think they used it to link it to Elvis´ mother death. I had never consider I´LL REMEMBER YOU as a tribute to his mother until I saw the DVD. :oops:

Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:00 pm

jeanno wrote:Stranger in the crowd
I think they used it to link it to Elvis´ mother death. I had never consider I´LL REMEMBER YOU as a tribute to his mother until I saw the DVD. :oops:

As far as I know, it´s not a gospel song too.. :shock:

Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:02 pm

Yeah could be...
Never thought of it that way before either, but I see your point.
The version on Jan. 14th is really beautiful, and so is the original studio recording from 1966 - which I think deserves a little more attention than it gets...

Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:15 pm

The version on Jan. 14th is really beautiful, and so is the original studio recording from 1966 - which I think deserves a little more attention than it gets...

Right! There is so much material underrated. Think about ´67 BIG BOSS MAN or ´73 I´VE GOT A THING ABOUT YOU BABY. Most people that call themselves "music reporters" never heard that! :shock:

Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:38 pm

This set is brilliantly done, and should be required viewing for all fans. Everyone knows Elvis was deeply into religion, but this set gives you a much greater understanding about it.