Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:38 am

This is an ebay Let's Be Friends - pretty sure it is a boot, but it is NOT a CDr.

As for the Greatest Hits - sounds very fishy to me!!!

Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:27 am

Matthew wrote:1981? I know the LP came out then but this album didn't appear on CD until the end of the 80s. Why would Joan produce a promo of this album on CD in 1981 - doesn't this predate the launch of CDs? I know the first official Elvis CD didn't come about until 1984.
The confusion could be that the Australian release date is the same as LP record 1972,1981. Even though released(CD) in mid 80s. and the reason for this date is because (theory of mine) these releases were not authorized by U.S. parent company and that is why those CDs(and other countries) were made from LP master tapes and were not really mastered in the U.S. for CD release until many years later, if at all. They are like legit bootlegs. This hapened a lot with vinyl too. Even unreleased material escaped if you will. But was legit because it was under the RCA label.

Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:58 am

I think I have a spare or two of the GHVol 1 CD.
PM me if you are interested in a trade. I am after equally rare releases from anywhere (no including those Taiwanese releases) so maybe you can send me your list.

Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:51 pm

Hi Jim Dandy,
you have a spare or 2 of wich GH Vol.1 CD's?
USA (The Paul Lichter CD) or Australia RCA CD?

Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:19 pm

Good times... it was a very nice LP, includes greatest hits like Suspicious MInds, Burning Love, a monster version of Don't Cry Daddy and an interesting and edited version of What'd I Say. Unfortunatelly the volume 2 never was released. There is a promo, called Elvis Grandes Exitos (Greatest Hits) volume dos, made in Ecuador and the his highlights are Hurt (unreleased live), My Way (studio Version), separate Ways (alternate take). Maybe an follow up of Greatest Hits volume one.

Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:37 pm

There exist also a Vol.3 Promo CD(R) from Peru?
Great Cover, great tracklisting.

Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:48 pm

Andy-M wrote:There exist also a Vol.3 Promo CD(R) from Peru?
Great Cover, great tracklisting.

Yes, it's exist. It was sale on ebay a month ago. I have the volume 2 in my personal collection, the sound is very good. But it is a CD-R, made by FTA for BMG/Ecuador or Peru. See on the follosing web page:

http://www.elvis.com.ar/03/new/ingles/princip.htm

there is some of that CDs, but all are sold out.

Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:14 am

I believe this is crap. He's selling the "Let's be friends" for at least 200 $. a whole lotta money for a cd which was recently released as a import CD (and it looks a lot like that one). He's out for the money - nothing more, nothing less.

Why didn't show this one up before? At least the guys from "Elvisoncd.com" would have mentioned the existence of this one - if it "is" the rarest CD ever from Elvis.

There's no reason to believe that this one is real - why shouldn't bootleggers release these piece after creating a CD with the looks of BMG and write 1981 on it? As was said above: "the first official Elvis CD didn't come about until 1984". That's all - and should clear things up.

Joern
Last edited by Joern on Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

LICHTER GREATEST HITS CD

Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:30 am

Hello outthere,

PLEASE DO NOT - I REPEAT - DO NOT BUY THIS GHVOL1 CD FROM LICHTER.

The cover he is showing off on his website, indeed was ORIGINALLY INTENDED to be the Greatest Hits Vol. 1 release. Then RCA decided to alter the cover and issued it the way we all know. Also some of the song selections were changed and so we got the live "What d' I say" for example. By the way, I really like the original artwork, now displayed by Lichter, much more. I never liked the triangular pic version issued instead.

But to get back to the subject... back in the Mid Eighties you could very easily and very cheap purchase the ORIGINAL COVER ARTWORK for GHVOL1 at some of the Graceland shops. I did so on a Memphis visit in 1986 and created my own special GHVOL! album.

So guess what??? Lichter simply took this cover art, he also might have purchased at this time, now created this infamous CD cover, which with even a mediocre computer programm shouldn't be too difficult to achieve and pressed or burned the CDs with it. It's that easy!

Before you pay 300 dollars for that rip off, better spend your money on upcoming great releases from the FTD label or watch out for these On Tour or TTWII outtakes which recently surfaced. You'll be better off.

And last, but not least. I don't think, that RCA pressed CDs as early as 1981, without them ever facing the light of day, even if only in small collectors circles?
Once again, Lichter is trying to rip off people and even if he claims to only have two of these CDs left, I wonder, how many more he would actually sell to unaware collectors and fans.