Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis Greatest Hits Vol. 1

Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:22 am

Just saw this one on Paul Lichters webpage. Never saw this one before. Anybody seen it for sale in Europe?

Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:52 am

The fan club in the uk had it for sale, as did Amazon.co uk (at one time).

Did SOUND OF YOU CRY not have extra tracks?.

Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:25 am

Please go look at http://www.elvisunique.com and look at new releases.

Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:46 am

I never saw that covers before,there again i am not a collector as such.

John says he will put up the uk cover,which has the head shot from the above cover,but in a triangle!!!!!!!.

Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:48 am

See I know that one. AS lp and the Australia cd release. But never this one?

Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:49 am

Good old Paul Lichter - still up to his old tricks - still selling photographs which he claims are his but actually belong to others.

Is it true that he once broke one of his little fingers so it would be crooked just like Elvis'?

Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:52 am

Sorry Tits, okay you don't like PL, but that is not the subject is it? Do you collect cds?

Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:57 am

Certainly do. Legit ones and boots. Never counted them but reckon I have about 600. Still have all my original vinyl as well - RCA and boots. Would never part with any of it.

Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:16 pm

This is the info at http://www.elvisunique.com

The Rarest American Compact Disc Unreleased & Unissued - Exclusive Offer

This is without a doubt the rarest American compact disc we have ever offered. So rare that until now its existence has only been a rumor. Originally produced by Joan Deary in 1981 it would be released with a different song content and different cover. The version I am offering here features the original front and back cover and original song line up. Much like the mysterious picture disc version of 50,000,000 Elvis Fans produced by Deary for RCA and never released, this monster never saw the light of day. On this version Don't Cry Daddy and What'd I Say are replaced by In The Ghetto and Surrender. I have only two copies. These were obtained directly from Ms. Deary's personal archives. First come, first served. Song titles: The Wonder Of You, Burning Love, There Goes My Everything, Big Hunk O' Love, Suspicious Minds, In The Ghetto, Steamroller Blues, Sound Of Your Cry, Surrender, You'll Never Walk Alone.

Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:44 pm

1981? I know the LP came out then but this album didn't appear on CD until the end of the 80s. Why would Joan produce a promo of this album on CD in 1981 - doesn't this predate the launch of CDs? I know the first official Elvis CD didn't come about until 1984.

Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:59 pm

Here we find one of the few good edits made: "What´d I say" live -69. Marvellous rocker that gets a little too long without the edit.

Regards

Björn

Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:16 pm

dreambear wrote:Here we find one of the few good edits made: "What´d I say" live -69. Marvellous rocker that gets a little too long without the edit.

Regards

Björn

And yet this track has been left off this CD? I'd love to have the Austrailian CD, and to hear this edit. I love the feel of those live '69 What'd I Say performances, but the vamping section does sound a little tedious - a good edit would be ideal in my opinion.

Jules

Let's Be Friends

Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:15 pm

Hi folks,
If you go to Lichter's site you'll also see a $200 U.S. LET'S BE FRIENDS cd.....I have a huge collection and have spent lots of days and nights tracking down cds from points unknown, yet I have never seen this one.....or the Greatest Hits Vol. I for that matter?! Anyone?

The Swamp Fox
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:33 pm

Just read that Elvis Records Vol 2 is being put out in the USA as the " The Hits"-with the original cover and tracks(10!) apparently selling at Wal Mart for about $7.50 and EPE about : $ 18.90!

But ...just what in heck is the BMG release policy?

Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:05 am

Hi Swamp Fox, I got the LBF cd, so that is for real, I know someone in Florida is selling these as cdrs, my copy is a silver. And yes I think its pretty rare.

Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:19 am

@cd-collector2004,
wich LBF CD are you talking about?
You mean the one sold on Ebay many many times? The one with the light blue Label?
Do you have a Labelscan of your Silver CD?

Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:24 am

Andy M

Yes light blue Camden lable and silver disc.

Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:30 am

Thanks,
I understand ;-)
This CD with the light blue label was sold many times on Ebay if I remember well.

Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:33 am

Andy M - I saw some cdrs on ebay but not this one, but well I'm not on ebay that much.

Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:17 am

familyjules wrote:
dreambear wrote:Here we find one of the few good edits made: "What´d I say" live -69. Marvellous rocker that gets a little too long without the edit.

Regards

Björn

And yet this track has been left off this CD? I'd love to have the Austrailian CD, and to hear this edit. I love the feel of those live '69 What'd I Say performances, but the vamping section does sound a little tedious - a good edit would be ideal in my opinion.

Jules
The Burton solo is tops on What'd I say. I did not know that the Australian CD was so rare.

Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:24 am

JLGB wrote: I did not know that the Australian CD was so rare.

Yes. It seems when the aussie special products come out they are only available for a short time.

8)

Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:25 am

I got lucky . I just knew it was only place you can get that release way back. Same thing with those Japanese CDs like Elvis in Concert (double) and others that came out before anywhere else including U.S.Image

Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:42 am

Matthew wrote:1981? I know the LP came out then but this album didn't appear on CD until the end of the 80s. Why would Joan produce a promo of this album on CD in 1981 - doesn't this predate the launch of CDs? I know the first official Elvis CD didn't come about until 1984.

That is true.
However, record companies might have been pressing CD's earlier as experiments. With emphasis on "might". In those days it was expensive to master and press a CD, which had to be done in sterile rooms. Thanks to the PC it took a fast flight into the future and now we can burn our own CD's and DVD's if you have the equipment/programms. 8)

Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:49 am

JLGB wrote:Image

<drool>

<grasp>

<sob>

:smt110 :smt109 :smt089

Jules

Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:11 pm

Can anyone post a scan of the LET"S BE FRIENDS disc as this is the one I'm most interested in. I've seen the Aussie Greatest Hits Vol. I, but not the one on Lichter's site..

The Swamp Fox
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: