LAS VEGAS AUG 12 1970 MIDNIGHT SHOW

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

FrankieRider2
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Post by FrankieRider2 »

I know that this engagement was not filmed like EOT was, but would it not be possible that perhaps different cameras captured different parts of the show.... and perhaps film editing could be used to create a complete copy? Some angles might be odd though, I suppose, depending on what camera was in use.

The only other option would be to use the missing songs from the other concert with the "Chain" suit, I guess. If THEY were filmed....

But if "You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin" wasn't filmed during this concert.... somebody needs to be raked over the coals in a big way. Even now after 35 years.... :D

I saw the review on the TTWII-SE CD set when it was released that was posted in Entertainment Magazine.... and that was the only song that drew specific comments from the reviewer.

Frankie Rider, II
Arkansas
USA

Stranger in the crowd
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by Stranger in the crowd »

Yeah, this is a GREAT concert! :D
I wish there would be a way of making a DVD from this great concert. One solution is to include audience shots in the parts where there's no camera on Elvis.
Btw, I really love all the concerts I've heard from this engagement, so if there's another concert that has more filmed material than the 12th MS, bring it on - it's got to be good :wink:

Isn't it strange that apart from the comeback shows (which are more TV show recordings than concerts), we only have two complete Elvis concerts available officially on DVD? (Jan. 12th and 14th 1973).
A shame really...

"There must be peace and understanding some time..." (If I can dream)

MB280E
On Suspension Until Further Notice...
On Suspension Until Further Notice...
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by MB280E »

That is indeed a good point "Stranger In The Crowd"! What´s strange about it is the fact that Elvis in 1970 is said to be at the peak of his powers, yet we don´t have a complete or ultimate collection of live material on dvd from this particular point of his career although there should be plenty of material at hand for such a project. Very sad to say the least.

Sincerely MB280E
Last edited by MB280E on Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marco Aurelio
Registered for: 19 years 3 months

Post by Marco Aurelio »

I like the idea Renan... But I´m not sure about the other songs recorded... Only time will tell us!

How many stars are in the sky ???? I´LL NEVER KNOW!

Tony Trout

Post by Tony Trout »

Renan wrote:Well....Can someone correct If I am wrong???

That´s All Right -
Mystery Train / Tigerman - FILMED
Hound Dog - FILMED
Love Me Tender - FILMED
Walk A Mile In My Shoes
Just Pretend
There Goes My Everything
Words - FILMED
Sweet Caroline - FILMED
You´ve Lost That Feeling
Polk Salad Annie - FILMED
Heartbreak Hotel - FILMED
One Night - FILMED
Blue Suede Shoes - FILMED
All Shook Up - FILMED
Little Sister / Get Back - FILMED
I Was The One
Are You Lonesome Tonight - FILMED
Love Me
Bridge Over Troubled Water
Suspicious Minds - FILMED
Can´t Help Falling In Love - FILMED

What I list FILMED is because I know for sure it was filmed.
Others as I Was The One and Love Me for example: are these and other completely filmed? I´ve just seen bits.

Walk A Mile In My Shoes, Just Pretend, There Goes My Everything: don´t have any idea if it was filmed. If not someone could add this from other concert previously released in The Lost Performance. It is the same jumpsuit.

So, we would would have for sure 17 complete songs filmed. Anyone knows if MGM filmed COMPLETELY: Love Me, Bridge Over Troubled Water, You´ve Lost That Feeling (With REPRISE), I Was The One and That´s All Right??????

If so, then we could have a COMPLETE concert to be released for the GENERAL PUBLIC, since I guess they wouldn´t realize that 3 songs are from other concert.

WHAT ABOUT THAT???

If I'm not mistaken, these songs were filmed (or at least you can see them on certain videos):

Walk A Mile In My Shoes
There Goes My Everything
Just Pretend
Love Me

Those four songs were filmed, weren't they?

"If the songs don't go over, we can do a medley of costumes!" - Elvis Presley (August 10, 1970 backstage in his dressing room before the first show of the August, 10, 1970/September 8, 1970 season in Vegas).

Mike DK
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Post by Mike DK »

A double disc DVD set with one "complete" show from August 1970 and one "Complete" show from the On Tour footage...that I would buy :D

ps. If they release a single disc DVD with just one complete show, I would also buy that.

Renan
Registered for: 19 years 4 months

Post by Renan »

Tony Trout wrote:

That´s All Right -
Hound Dog - FILMED
Love Me Tender - FILMED
Walk A Mile In My Shoes
Just Pretend
There Goes My Everything
Words - FILMED
Sweet Caroline - FILMED
You´ve Lost That Feeling
One Night - FILMED
All Shook Up - FILMED
I Was The One
Love Me

Others as I Was The One and Love Me for example: are these and other completely filmed? I´ve just seen bits.

Walk A Mile In My Shoes, Just Pretend, There Goes My Everything: don´t have any idea if it was filmed. If not someone could add this from other concert previously released in The Lost Performance. It is the same jumpsuit.

So, we would would have for sure 17 complete songs filmed. Anyone knows if MGM filmed COMPLETELY: Love Me, Bridge Over Troubled Water, You´ve Lost That Feeling (With REPRISE), I Was The One and That´s All Right??????

If so, then we could have a COMPLETE concert to be released for the GENERAL PUBLIC, since I guess they wouldn´t realize that 3 songs are from other concert.

WHAT ABOUT THAT???

If I'm not mistaken, these songs were filmed (or at least you can see them on certain videos):

Walk A Mile In My Shoes
There Goes My Everything
Just Pretend
Love Me

You´re right Tony but these songs you mentioned are NOT from August 12th, 1970 MS. They are from August 11th MS. So in case these were not filmed or are not completed Turner could use these instead. It is the same jumpuit.

I´m pretty sure this could fit into a terrific DVD to be sold for the GENERAL PUBLIC and show for the average Joe how Elvis rocked in 1970!

"Ain't it funny how time slips away...."

Joe Car

Post by Joe Car »

Renan wrote:
Tony Trout wrote:

That´s All Right -
Hound Dog - FILMED
Love Me Tender - FILMED
Walk A Mile In My Shoes
Just Pretend
There Goes My Everything
Words - FILMED
Sweet Caroline - FILMED
You´ve Lost That Feeling
One Night - FILMED
All Shook Up - FILMED
I Was The One
Love Me

WHAT ABOUT THAT???

Walk A Mile In My Shoes
There Goes My Everything
Just Pretend
Love Me

You´re right Tony but these songs you mentioned are NOT from August 12th, 1970 MS. They are from August 11th MS. So in case these were not filmed or are not completed Turner could use these instead. It is the same jumpuit.

I´m pretty sure this could fit into a terrific DVD to be sold for the GENERAL PUBLIC and show for the average Joe how Elvis rocked in 1970!
Great idea that's for sure. I think it's safe to say that EP from 69/70 was in a league of his own, truly way ahead of the pack.

Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

Part of the reprise of You've Lost That Lovin Feelin was filmed - from 4 angles no less.

londonflash

Post by londonflash »

To think that there's all this awesome footage sitting in a vault somewhere.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

JohanD

Post by JohanD »

"Love me" was filmed too.

JohanD

Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

JohanD wrote:"Love me" was filmed too.
I think that was partly filmed Johan, approx the last minute, but there's at least a couple of angles as well.

Renan

Post by Renan »

Steve_M wrote:
I think that was partly filmed Johan, approx the last minute, but there's at least a couple of angles as well.
I also think it was only part. I haven´t seen any source bringing a complete version :cry:

Marco Aurelio

Post by Marco Aurelio »

Renan wrote:
Steve_M wrote:
I also think it was only part. I haven´t seen any source bringing a complete version :cry:
If it was not to film the complete song, why did they turn the cameras on ??? Just to film parts of one song ??? That´s really disgusting!

Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

No, not really disgusting.

They knew the rough set list. They knwe what Elvis was going to sing next, so they started rolling the camera at the end of the preceeding song ready to make sure they got all of the following song.

There are some strange anomilies to that though, like Next Step and Words that folow are both only part, but in fairness to MGM, that's one camera, the others make have continued rolling and we just don't have that footage.

Marco Aurelio

Post by Marco Aurelio »

Steve_M wrote:No, not really disgusting.

They knew the rough set list. They knwe what Elvis was going to sing next, so they started rolling the camera at the end of the preceeding song ready to make sure they got all of the following song.

There are some strange anomilies to that though, like Next Step and Words that folow are both only part, but in fairness to MGM, that's one camera, the others make have continued rolling and we just don't have that footage.
I agree Steve.... If they knew that 35 years later we would want to kill them because of this..... :lol: :lol:

Renan

Post by Renan »

Marco Aurelio wrote:
Steve_M wrote:No, not really disgusting.

I agree Steve.... If they knew that 35 years later we would want to kill them because of this..... :lol: :lol:
Don´t blame the cameras.....kill Denis Sanders :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just kidding.....he did a fantastic job in TTWII :D