Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

LAS VEGAS AUG 12 1970 MIDNIGHT SHOW

Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:41 pm

PLEASE RELEASE COMPLETE SHOW FROM AUG 12 1970 ON DVD....NOW!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!

Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:55 pm

I don´t think the complete footage was ever filmed.... :cry: :cry:

Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:59 pm

Well.... we never know... but it would be AWESOME to have this complete in DVD!

Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:04 pm

I don't think it either. A real shame, as this is one of the better (if not the best) show Elvis gave after his comeback in 1969. Great tracklisting, with a reasonably good treatment of his oldies, and astonishing versions of his current hits at the moment: Just Pretend, Walk a mile in my shoes, Polk Salad Annie, YLT Loving Feeling (with a great reprise), Words, Bridge, and possibly, the best Suspicious Minds ever. Plus, we geat the real gem that is Elvis playing electric guitar in the Little Sister medley, Love Me and Are you Lonesome Tonight.

Great moves, terririfc voice and all his charisma combined together. A must

Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:22 pm

The best show Elvis ever gave..every snippet we have is pure gold....

Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:30 pm

Ciscoking wrote:The best show Elvis ever gave..

How on earth do you know that? :?

Sincerely MB280E

Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:40 pm

MB280E wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:The best show Elvis ever gave..

How on earth do you know that? :?

Sincerely MB280E

Just my personal point of view.....

Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:49 pm

Ciscoking, you clearly misunderstood him. Or have you really listened to every single concert Elvis ever gave? Somehow, I doubt it. What you should have written was, "The best Elvis concert released to date" or something to that effect.

Ken

Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:09 pm

C`mon ..don´t take it too serious.. :wink: ..you know what I mean..
it is the best concert I have listened to so far ..my personal fave.. that`s all.. :D

Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:11 pm

Ciscoking wrote:C`mon ..don´t take it too serious.. :wink: ..you know what I mean..
it is the best concert I have listened to so far ..my personal fave.. that`s all.. :D

Watch it Ciscoking, you´re freaking me out...! :lol:

Sincerely MB280E

Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:19 pm

We knew what you meant all along, Cisco. We’re just pulling both your legs … or perhaps what’s between them, which, by the way, seems to be operational. (Ouch, clean that foul mouth out, boy.)

Ken

Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:21 pm

Elvis was on Fire during the Aug 12 midnight show. Just look at his movements on stage..how could he top the ending when he moves to the drum roll of Suspicious Minds . You lost that Loving feeling is simply the best live version with very committed performances of his classic songs as well...it seemed like Elvis wanted to play all night :D

Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:32 pm

Ken Jensen wrote:We knew what you meant all along, Cisco. We’re just pulling both your legs … or perhaps what’s between them, which, by the way, seems to be operational. (Ouch, clean that foul mouth out, boy.)

Ken

Administrators..clear foul..ban him... ban him...LOL... :lol:

:wink:

Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:35 pm

Elvis World Japan has ARE YOU LONESONE TONIGHT(Which has most of LOVE ME), and LITTLE SISTER (which has a part of IWAS THE ONE), up right now! See it while you can!

There seems to be a lot of footage from that show, so ho knows. I would like to see the complete MYSTERY TRAIN/ TIGER MAN, without the opening titles.

Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:44 pm

Lonnie, I have done the complete MT-TM in 4 angled montage with FTD sound. It's on my site you neeed to be a member and once you are go to the forums and you'll see a cat called "For members only" and you'll find it in there - with a few others :wink:

Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:44 pm

Thanks for the info LonnieBeale!

Sincerely MB280E

Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:45 pm

Steve, I am a member, and I LOVE U !!!!!!

Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:49 pm

LonnieBeale wrote:Steve, I am a member, and I LOVE U !!!!!!

That's the nearest I've got to pulling for a few years now :lol: :wink:

Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:06 am

YLT Loving Feeling (with a great reprise)

That is one awesome version you got that right.

NOT FILMED? WTF? PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS NOT TRUE.

PLUS

WTF WAS "YOU DONT HAVE TO SAY YOU LOVE ME" DOING IN TTWII SE?

"THE NEXT STEP IS LOVE" "I JUST CAN'T HELP BELEIVING"(ALTERNATE VERSION)

WORDS/STRANGER IN THE CROWD SHOULD HAVE BEEN CERTS.

SCHMIDLIN EDITED A MASTERPIECE BUT LEFT IT HALF COMPLETE.

Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:18 am

This show is my personal favorite as well.

God knows how many times I've listened to this absolutely fantastic show since it was released on the triple cd TTWII 30th Anniversary Edition - I just can't get enough of it!

Elvis is on fire - it's almost like he's unstoppable, and this clearly inspires the band, too!

Many of the performances at this show I consider to be the ultimate versions ever, including the incredible version of You've Lost That Loving Feeling (with reprise)!

Fantastic stuff!

It would've been a killer if ever released complete on DVD!

Br
Kristian

Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:51 am

This was/is for sure a fine show, my favorite version so far of "You've lost that lovin feeling".
We can always hope for a complete concert released on DVD, but if it ever happends, i think we will get a new TTWII, with songs from many shows (wich is also a grate thing).

Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:06 am

In my opinion, the only concert that comes close to this one is the opening show, where Elvis delivers ultimate versions of a number of songs. Third place goes to the midnight show from August 11.

It is said that none of the shows were recorded in their entirety, and that may well be the case, but there is no doubt that a HUGE portion of the August 12 midnight show was captured on film. I think that a deluxe DVD edition should be made, presenting the original That’s the Way It Is on one DVD and the Special Edition on another (or both on the same disc, if possible). Then we could move on to the great stuff, presenting the rehearsals and the concerts in the order in which they were filmed, plus other Elvis related stuff, such as the post O.S. party. In short, everything that was filmed, maybe with the exception of all of the stupid interviews with assorted nerds.

I can guarantee that this would be a global smash hit. I’m sure most fans would buy at least two copies each.

Ken

Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:49 pm

not the best concert in my opinion, but a killer one! almost all the songs are performed with fire, and its definitely good to watch nd listen to

Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:02 pm

Elvis at his best!
This is my favourite show and I am starting to believe
that maybe, just maybe EVERYTHING was filmed.
Thanks to Steve M and everyone else who made it possible to watch this great stuff.

Regards

Lennart

Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:41 pm

Well....Can someone correct If I am wrong???

That´s All Right -
Mystery Train / Tigerman - FILMED
Hound Dog - FILMED
Love Me Tender - FILMED
Walk A Mile In My Shoes
Just Pretend
There Goes My Everything
Words - FILMED
Sweet Caroline - FILMED
You´ve Lost That Feeling
Polk Salad Annie - FILMED
Heartbreak Hotel - FILMED
One Night - FILMED
Blue Suede Shoes - FILMED
All Shook Up - FILMED
Little Sister / Get Back - FILMED
I Was The One
Are You Lonesome Tonight - FILMED
Love Me
Bridge Over Troubled Water
Suspicious Minds - FILMED
Can´t Help Falling In Love - FILMED

What I list FILMED is because I know for sure it was filmed.
Others as I Was The One and Love Me for example: are these and other completely filmed? I´ve just seen bits.

Walk A Mile In My Shoes, Just Pretend, There Goes My Everything: don´t have any idea if it was filmed. If not someone could add this from other concert previously released in The Lost Performance. It is the same jumpsuit.

So, we would would have for sure 17 complete songs filmed. Anyone knows if MGM filmed COMPLETELY: Love Me, Bridge Over Troubled Water, You´ve Lost That Feeling (With REPRISE), I Was The One and That´s All Right??????

If so, then we could have a COMPLETE concert to be released for the GENERAL PUBLIC, since I guess they wouldn´t realize that 3 songs are from other concert.

WHAT ABOUT THAT???