Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Hot Shots & Cool Clips 2 - MSG Footage!!!

Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:48 pm

Not seen this reported on here yet... Just received latest issue of Essential Elvis UK mag, which includes some exciting news from Mr Tunzi. Vol 2 of this dvd will be released next year and is said to include at least the first song from the professionally filmed MSG show!!!

I'm praying it also includes the 1969 footage from American Sound in A+ quality :lol:

Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:00 pm

69 studio material would be too good, Mark!
Pro MSG footage would already be some great news. 8)

Re: Hot Shots & Cool Clips 2 - MSG Footage!!!

Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:09 pm

Mark Nicholson wrote:Not seen this reported on here yet... Just received latest issue of Essential Elvis UK mag, which includes some exciting news from Mr Tunzi. Vol 2 of this dvd will be released next year and is said to include at least the first song from the professionally filmed MSG show!!!

Without sound of course or with some lame, amateurish keyboard melody playing over the pictures like on vol. 1.

Sincerely MB280E

Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:30 pm

well, there are AR`s available for the os show , so overdubbing would be okay

Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:04 pm

He´s not allowed to use any real audio of Elvis, and that counts overdubbed audience recorded sound out, too...!

Sincerely MB280E

Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:15 pm

Good news!

Taking advantage of this topic: anyone knows how long the American Sound Studio 1969 sessions run??

A YEAR

Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:43 pm

Shame we will have to wait about a year to see it!!

Re: Hot Shots & Cool Clips 2 - MSG Footage!!!

Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:47 pm

Mark Nicholson wrote:Not seen this reported on here yet... Just received latest issue of Essential Elvis UK mag, which includes some exciting news from Mr Tunzi. Vol 2 of this dvd will be released next year and is said to include at least the first song from the professionally filmed MSG show!!!

I'm praying it also includes the 1969 footage from American Sound in A+ quality :lol:

That´s very good news!!! When they are refering to the first song of the concert, they are saying "THAT´S ALL RIGHT" ???

Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:51 pm

Renan wrote:Good news!

Taking advantage of this topic: anyone knows how long the American Sound Studio 1969 sessions run??

Sorry to quote myself :D
I mean how long the footage runs from these sessions....

Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:38 am

MB280E wrote:He´s not allowed to use any real audio of Elvis, and that counts overdubbed audience recorded sound out, too...!

Sincerely MB280E

Just overdub it from the CD.Simple.
They should have used that for Thats the way it is.sounds so much better if you match the sound from the CD.

Sean

Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:41 am

The music is nothing to do with EPE or BMG unless they own the publishing or the original recording to be used.

If there is an AR of the show and the owner who made it still owns it and gives permission then all they have to do is seek a deal with the music publisher of the songs involved.

They won't because that cuts into profit, so they just use the excuse that they are not allowed to use the audio.

Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:40 am

Isn't the 'pro-shot' MSG footage what we already have on George Klein's 'Memories' video from the 1980s? If so it isn't all that close up and not very special.

Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:43 am

I don't recall what was on that release Tits.

more info on Christian_M's elvis-rare-footage forum about some of this though.

Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:02 am

Steve_M wrote:I don't recall what was on that release Tits.

Basically talking heads and all sorts of clips from here, there and everywhere. Guests included Sam Phillips, Rufus Thomas, Dickey Lee, Merle Haggard etc. Came out on video in the UK in the mid-80s and the last I heard Klein was planning on updating it for DVD.