Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Pieces of My Life

Fri Jun 20, 2003 10:58 am

I'm trying to out first of all if the live version of Pieces of My Life from 24/07/75 has appeared on any bootlegs and if so which ones. Am I right in thinking Elvis ever performed this song once in concert?

Fri Jun 20, 2003 4:00 pm

Hello Andyr -
There is an audience recording of that show. It's not the best sound quality, but it's listenable. My copy is incomplete, so I don't have Pieces Of My life (at least I don't think I do, it's been awhile since I listened to that show). I recommend you check Merijn's site, you'll probably find it there.

Fri Jun 20, 2003 5:13 pm

It should be included as bonus track on the Stormin´ Syracuse bootleg released by the Coast Coast label. The song is not mentioned as being on this cd in the import list section on this site but I seem to remember that it should be. Sound is a little below average for an audience recording.

Sincerely MB280E

Fri Jun 20, 2003 5:54 pm

MB280E wrote:It should be included as bonus track on the Stormin´ Syracuse bootleg released by the Coast Coast label. The song is not mentioned as being on this cd in the import list section on this site but I seem to remember that it should be. Sound is a little below average for an audience recording.

Sincerely MB280E

You´re correct about Pieces Of My Life being on that particulair import MB :D

Kind regards,
Stefan

Sat Jun 21, 2003 12:14 am

arent we forgetting the obvious release of this song on the import Gyrating Asheville?

Sat Jun 21, 2003 12:20 am

kmlelvis wrote:arent we forgetting the obvious release of this song on the import Gyrating Asheville?

I´m afraid not :!: :!: Pieces Of My Life is from The Ashville July 24th performance, whilst Gyrating Ashiville contains the July 23rd performance...Pieces Of My Life was only sung at the 24th concert.

Kind regards,
Stefan

Sat Jun 21, 2003 12:22 am

kmlelvis wrote:arent we forgetting the obvious release of this song on the import Gyrating Asheville?

Gyrating Ashville featured the concert from the 23 of July '75. "Pieces Of My Life" was not performed at this concert ("Shake A Hand" was), but rather at the following nights concert.

Sat Jun 21, 2003 12:25 am

What a great shame Elvis didn't include that one more during his live shows - it's a brilliant song. I wonder if it does exist on a soundboard recording somewhere?

I love the alternate take on 'Today, Tomorrow and Forever' box set. It has a haunting quality when heard without the overdubs.

Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:22 am

Hi Getlo!

I agree;
The alternate take of "Pieces of my life" on the TT&F box-set is brilliant!

Let's hope we'll get to hear more alternate takes of this beautiful, haunting song!

Br
Kristian

Fri Jul 11, 2003 1:34 am

Hi Kristian

It is a very underrated song. Sang brilliantly by Elvis. It's one of the songs I love hearing and the TT&F box set is a great version.