Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
andyr
Registered for: 20 years 9 months

Pieces of My Life

Post by andyr »

I'm trying to out first of all if the live version of Pieces of My Life from 24/07/75 has appeared on any bootlegs and if so which ones. Am I right in thinking Elvis ever performed this song once in concert?

Pete Dube
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Pete Dube »

Hello Andyr -
There is an audience recording of that show. It's not the best sound quality, but it's listenable. My copy is incomplete, so I don't have Pieces Of My life (at least I don't think I do, it's been awhile since I listened to that show). I recommend you check Merijn's site, you'll probably find it there.

MB280E
On Suspension Until Further Notice...
On Suspension Until Further Notice...

Post by MB280E »

It should be included as bonus track on the Stormin´ Syracuse bootleg released by the Coast Coast label. The song is not mentioned as being on this cd in the import list section on this site but I seem to remember that it should be. Sound is a little below average for an audience recording.

Sincerely MB280E

stefan kock

Post by stefan kock »

MB280E wrote:It should be included as bonus track on the Stormin´ Syracuse bootleg released by the Coast Coast label. The song is not mentioned as being on this cd in the import list section on this site but I seem to remember that it should be. Sound is a little below average for an audience recording.

Sincerely MB280E

You´re correct about Pieces Of My Life being on that particulair import MB :D

Kind regards,
Stefan

" The image is one thing, the human being another "

kmlelvis

Post by kmlelvis »

arent we forgetting the obvious release of this song on the import Gyrating Asheville?

"The image is one thing and the human being is another. Its very hard to live up to an image."

stefan kock

Post by stefan kock »

kmlelvis wrote:arent we forgetting the obvious release of this song on the import Gyrating Asheville?
I´m afraid not :!: :!: Pieces Of My Life is from The Ashville July 24th performance, whilst Gyrating Ashiville contains the July 23rd performance...Pieces Of My Life was only sung at the 24th concert.

Kind regards,
Stefan

" The image is one thing, the human being another "

Pete Dube

Post by Pete Dube »

kmlelvis wrote:arent we forgetting the obvious release of this song on the import Gyrating Asheville?
Gyrating Ashville featured the concert from the 23 of July '75. "Pieces Of My Life" was not performed at this concert ("Shake A Hand" was), but rather at the following nights concert.

Getlo

Post by Getlo »

What a great shame Elvis didn't include that one more during his live shows - it's a brilliant song. I wonder if it does exist on a soundboard recording somewhere?

I love the alternate take on 'Today, Tomorrow and Forever' box set. It has a haunting quality when heard without the overdubs.

Getlo

Kristian Hjelmaas
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Post by Kristian Hjelmaas »

Hi Getlo!

I agree;
The alternate take of "Pieces of my life" on the TT&F box-set is brilliant!

Let's hope we'll get to hear more alternate takes of this beautiful, haunting song!

Br
Kristian

Getlo

Post by Getlo »

Hi Kristian

It is a very underrated song. Sang brilliantly by Elvis. It's one of the songs I love hearing and the TT&F box set is a great version.

Getlo