Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Hitstory (European Edition)

Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:02 am

Amazon and HMV list the release date of the European edition of Hitstory as November 7, 2005. However, there has been a couple posts indicating that a few copies have been obtained - perhaps the release date differs from county to county?

Is it possible that the copies that have been obtained are counterfeit, which would be relatively easy to do? I question whether BMG would go to the expense of remastering disc 1 in the U.S.A. and not in Europe. At any rate, I suspect that the version released on November 7th will have discs 1 and 2, exactly like the U.S.A. version.

Mystery Train

Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:05 am

Mystery Train -

I already asked if anyone could confirm Claus' claim that the tracks on the European Hitstory were not corrected.

No one came forward to support him.

Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:34 am

Apparently BMG Europe opted out of using the U.S. configuration for this set in favor of producing their own version, which they felt would include chart songs that would be more appealing to European buyers.

From a production standpoint that likely meant that each of these territories were responsible for their own mastering, which explains why only the U.S. version has the DSD masters (produced by the Sony Studios, NY).

Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:57 am

The "Hitstory" set (European version) has been released in Norway.
Ok, I admit I bought it (the box just looked so cool :oops: ), and I can confirm that no changes has been made with the first two discs (E1, 2nd). There's still the pop in Hound dog, alternate version of The wonder of you, etc. :cry:
In other words, no changes whatsoever. :cry: :cry:
However, the third disc sounds really great, and with 30 tracks, I don't feel so bad after buying the set. :wink:

Bjorn

Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:44 am

The question still remains unanswered about the US Release of Hitstory....(which was also asked in another post on this forum)....has all the tracks on cd 1 and 2 been re-mastered by Vic Anesini using DSD ????

Really stupid that the US. Release has the corrections and the EU release does not.

Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:27 am

Mike -

You wrote:
Really stupid that the US. Release has the corrections and the EU release does not.

You're right !

Why doesn't BMG get its act together ?

I think I'll be passing on this set.