Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

You Gotta Love 'Em

Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:54 am

Don't you just love talking to the moron who in front of you and a lot of other people who know you are an Elvis fan, says "I've got everthang that has ever been released on Aelvais!"

Then you reply by asking "Did you get the latest FTD?"

Then you get this look...... :?

It happened to me recently. Now I get avoided.

Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:39 pm

It happens all the time :evil:

Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:27 pm

Or the guy who phones in to the radio station claiming he has song (insert any unreleased Elvis title) and when the DJ says he wants to come and have a listen the guy says he is too busy right now. So the DJ offers $500 for just a listen and the technician in the studio adds another $500 if he can drop by too and the guy is STILL too busy?

Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:17 pm

I gave up talking to people like this. They usually end up having a couple of Camden or Pickwick releases on 8-track.

I did burn about 100 of my discs for a someone who claimed that they had everything that Elvis ever did. When I gave them to her I think that she popped a couple of blood vessles. I think she kept her two 8-tracks though!

:roll:

bpd
Last edited by bpd on Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:24 pm

Yes it happens often. :lol:

Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:21 pm

Elvis never had everything he ever did and neither did RCA. Some fans are very blessed it seems.

Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:33 am

Used to get that comment alot when i used to do an Elvis Market stall. You would get people saying ' i have everything he ever recorded', before they even looked at what was on offer. Always used to make me smile :lol:

I don't pretend to have everything he did. I have a nice collection...i think at any rate :wink: . But, should i be walking through a market..shopping centre...wherever and see an Elvis Stall...my first reaction would be to look first....and not to walk on by and say ' i have it all'

To me thats what genuine Elvis fans/collectors would always do. Even if i have no cash...i would still have to look. Maybe its just me :D

Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:30 am

oh with me, whenever people find out i'm an elvis fan they usually hound me with statements like 'elvis really wasn't that talented', 'he didn't write his own songs', 'the beatles are better'.

my half-brother claims to like elvis, but he spent like the whole visit doing impersonations of impersonators and it really grinded on my nerves. everything he said was "thank you, thank you very much" and "hey, little mama"...i was ready to fling things at him. i even gave him samples of what elvis really sounded like, and he didn't get it.

i've been playing that's the way it is and elvis on tour during the breaks in spanish class, and i got one of the guys who didn't think elvis was worth sh*t say that he was a really good looking guy, right after i showed him a picture of where he was fairly slender for '77, to diffuse the fat jokes.

yes, i shamelessly advertise at school during lunch and breaks.

i also shamelessly advertised angel: the series by sitting in front of the lunch lines with my computer open on a really cool fight scene. and sure enough, people commented that it looked really cool.

and whenever people ask me my favorite elvis song--especially if they've just given me the beatles speech, i go out of my way to name really obscure (well, for them anyway) tracks, so they feel kinda stupid for not having heard them. :lol:

Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:17 am

I learned a long time ago....to listen to their claims with a smile....and never I mean never try to correct a memory. It's precious to them no matter how wrong it is.

Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:53 am

Elvis' Babe wrote:i've been playing that's the way it is and elvis on tour during the breaks in spanish class, and i got one of the guys who didn't think elvis was worth sh*t say that he was a really good looking guy, right after i showed him a picture of where he was fairly slender for '77, to diffuse the fat jokes.

If he thought Elvis was good looking in Elvis on Tour, show him clips from Loving You. Hmm, is it just me or was that a vaguely girly observation? Think I'll, er, go and watch some boxing. Grrrr :)

Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:55 am

TJ, that's just you getting in touch with your feminine side.

Don't hold back, we've never had anyone "coming out" either on the FECC forum before :lol:

I bet you wish there was audio smileys to emit masculine grunts when coming back to say how good the boxing was. :lol:

Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:32 am

Aren't some statements in this thread not comparable to EPCollector not caring about the opinion of on average Elvis fan?

I appreciate people liking Elvis even if they don't know/own much. Way better than people dwonloading the latest bleep bleep electro flsah from internet.

Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:59 pm

Steve_M wrote:Elvis never had everything he ever did and neither did RCA. Some fans are very blessed it seems.

I always wondered about that, as a recordingartist, wouldn't you want to make a deal with your recordcompany that you get a copy of every version your recordcompany releases of you? There isn't much on display at Graceland either.

Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:09 am

buddy holly wrote:Aren't some statements in this thread not comparable to EPCollector not caring about the opinion of on average Elvis fan?

I appreciate people liking Elvis even if they don't know/own much. Way better than people dwonloading the latest bleep bleep electro flsah from internet.

Well maybe..

My comments were directed more towards the people who act like they have 'everything' but when you get a chance to check it out there is 1 album...and I was poking fun.

If you love Elvis and only have 1 cd single that's fine with me...just don't tell me that you have everything...when you don't.

And I really did give 100 cdrs to this woman...and she really did love Elvis...she just had no idea how much was really out there. Like me when I stumbled upon this website. I wanted to blow her mind like my mind was blown!

bpd

Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:26 am

that kind of ignorance should not be taken serious

Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:52 pm

Yes Rob... It happens all the time... Here are some situations:

* I love listening to "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" and "Only You"... Ok... OK... I always tell them they´re wrong, but they know more than me.... :?

I have heard all the songs from Elvis, but the best is Love Me Tender! Ok... Ok.. if you like it.... but c´mon... Is this the best song ?? :lol: :? :?:

Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:58 pm

K.C. wrote:
Steve_M wrote:Elvis never had everything he ever did and neither did RCA. Some fans are very blessed it seems.

I always wondered about that, as a recordingartist, wouldn't you want to make a deal with your recordcompany that you get a copy of every version your recordcompany releases of you? There isn't much on display at Graceland either.

Whilst that may be the case with some, with Elvis we have the Sun tapes and then RCA gets them and all of a sudden we don't have them all anymore.

But some fans do have them as they have everything he ever did. :lol: