Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:02 am

Suspicious Minds, with 69 versions being the best, but I really like the aug 71 versions on audience recording, wish there was a soundboard of a show.

The Wonder of You-Aug 13 1970 Ds being a no doubt

The 3rd is the toughest and I'll have to go with Johnny B Goode with the 69 version being the greatest

Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:33 am

This will more than likely change tomorrow, but for now my three picks are:

Bridge Over Troubled Water
Just Pretend
Hurt / Unchained Melody (tied for 3rd)

Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:13 pm

My 3 choices for strongest and most consistant performances throughout the live years would be:

Suspicious Minds, An American Trilogy and Hurt.

Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:21 pm

Today my picks would be Love Letters, If I Can Dream (semi live) and Where No one Stands Alone.....and if If I Can Dream doesn't count I go with I Just Can't Help Believein'

Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:29 pm

Never been to spain.
Suspicious Minds (In Person At The International '69)
The Wonder Of You (On Stage Feb 1970)

This is just the first three that came to mind.
No other artist has recorded so many live songs that are just so exceptional!!!!

In My Opinion!!!


8)

Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:11 pm

My picks:

Suspicious minds (69-71)

Mystery train/Tiger man (69-70)

johnny b goode (69)

Just pretend (70)

Walk a mile in my shoes

Sweet caroline (70)

You lost that loving feeling (70-71)

Polk salad annie (70-71)

Something (70-71)

words (69-70)

Proud mary (70-72)

See See rider (70-73)

Patch it up

America trilogy (72-73)

You gave me the mountain (72-73)

Never been to spain (72)

Its over (71-73)

What now my love (72-73)

If you love me

Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:20 pm

I really like

PROUD MARY and

NEVER BEEN TO SPAIN from '72...

I've never heard a bad version of these 2 songs at all by E.

...Lovin' Feeling from the Afternoon In The Garden cd is sublime, IMo.

Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:22 pm

The Wonder Of You . His best live hit single and one of his best songs of the 70s.

Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:27 pm

JLGB wrote:The Wonder Of You . His best live hit single and one of his best songs of the 70s.


Best live hit single? Not as long as I Just Can't Help Believin' (a UK hit) and An American Trilogy are still in my collection it isn't!

Actually, I've always found The Wonder Of You to be just a little too corny, or hokey to stand as a true Elvis classic. Coming on the heals of his Memphis sessions, it sounds like a mis-step to my ears.

Jules

Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:32 pm

JLGB wrote:The Wonder Of You . His best live hit single and one of his best songs of the 70s.


great track, IMO, but best "Live" single :?:

if what we're talking about is "Live", as in "Concert", it's gotta be STEAMROLLER...

if we mean "Live", as in studio, it's definetely BURNING LOVE, or maybe PROMISED LAND, can't make up my mind on that one.

Then again, there is HURT, another great "Live" 45rpm :!:

Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:36 pm

Best live U.S. single to me and most ORIGINAL. The others (great to me also) but well known covers. The original Wonder Of You from its writer was a B-side. Live as in concert.
Last edited by Juan Luis on Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:39 pm

minkahed wrote:
JLGB wrote:if we mean "Live", as in studio, it's definetely BURNING LOVE, or maybe PROMISED LAND, can't make up my mind on that one.


"Live" as in studio? Do you mean live takes with no overdubs, Mink? I think we're all thinking "live" = concert recording.

Jules

Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:42 pm

1- i just canĀ“t help believinĀ“
2- never been to spain
3- the impossible dream

Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:24 pm

American Trilogy
How Great Thou Art
Steamroller Blues
Just Pretend
Polk Salad Annie
Walk A Mile In My Shoes
Last edited by Elvisgirl on Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:33 pm

An American Trilogy (Aloha)
Polk Salad Annie (all of them)
The Wonder Of You (August 13, 1970 DS)
How Great Thou Art (all of them)
Hurt (Adios)

Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:12 am

eric wrote:My picks:

Suspicious minds (69-71)

Mystery train/Tiger man (69-70)

johnny b goode (69)

Just pretend (70)

Walk a mile in my shoes

Sweet caroline (70)

You lost that loving feeling (70-71)

Polk salad annie (70-71)

Something (70-71)

words (69-70)

Proud mary (70-72)

See See rider (70-73)

Patch it up

America trilogy (72-73)

You gave me the mountain (72-73)

Never been to spain (72)

Its over (71-73)

What now my love (72-73)

If you love me


If you'll go back to the very first post, you'll find that she asked for 3 (three) songs. I know it's a tough decision, but MERCY!

Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:07 am

familyjules wrote:
minkahed wrote:
JLGB wrote:if we mean "Live", as in studio, it's definetely BURNING LOVE, or maybe PROMISED LAND, can't make up my mind on that one.


"Live" as in studio? Do you mean live takes with no overdubs, Mink? I think we're all thinking "live" = concert recording.

Jules


please re-read my post slowly and carefully for a more thorough understanding of what I mean... :wink:

Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:13 pm

minkahed wrote:
familyjules wrote:
minkahed wrote:
JLGB wrote:if we mean "Live", as in studio, it's definetely BURNING LOVE, or maybe PROMISED LAND, can't make up my mind on that one.


"Live" as in studio? Do you mean live takes with no overdubs, Mink? I think we're all thinking "live" = concert recording.

Jules


please re-read my post slowly and carefully for a more thorough understanding of what I mean... :wink:


Uhhhhh.....nope....I'm none the wiser, sorry.

:oops:

Jules