More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Songman
Registered for: 20 years 3 months

If you talk in your sleep (from vinyl)

Post by Songman »

Hi friends

I just ripped the song from the Promised Land vinyl album, this is the version that Elvis laughed and sings "free" or something like that at the end of the song.

you can't find this version on the Promised Land CD (unfortunally)

http://www.pieterpix.nl/ifyoutalkinyoursleep.mp3

You read your lines so cleverly and never missed a cue

http://elvistimes.nl/

Keith F

Post by Keith F »

This version is also on the CD "Elvis' Gold Records Volume 5"

Andy-M
Registered for: 21 years

Post by Andy-M »

Great!
It is indeed not released on the upgraded CD's.
But it exist on CD on the 1st Pressings of Promised Land and Gold Records Vol.5 CD.

I really do not understand why they have changed it in the later CD Versions. Also the upgrade Version plays ca. 8-10 sec. longer.

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

I think the word he says is 'name' in keeping with what he is repeating at the end but the laugh messes the phrasing up a bit. I've always liked this version - maybe it will make it unto the eventual FTD release.

Topic author
Songman

Post by Songman »

Thanks Keith F and Andy-M, i must overlooked this version from the cd´s, i haven´t heard them in century´s :)

.... and i don´t understand either why they change it on the upgraded versions, and Matthew i never tought he sings "name" for my ears it sounds like "free" but that doesn´t matter :D

Have a nice weekend

Keith F

Post by Keith F »

Matthew wrote:I think the word he says is 'name' in keeping with what he is repeating at the end but the laugh messes the phrasing up a bit. I've always liked this version - maybe it will make it unto the eventual FTD release.
No he doesn't sing "Name", he sings "Free"

If You Talk In Your Sleep - Ending

Andy-M

Post by Andy-M »

I always thought he sings ME ?? (Mee) ?

Renan
Registered for: 19 years 4 months

Post by Renan »

Andy-M wrote:I always thought he sings ME ?? (Mee) ?
I didn´t even remember that!
Last edited by Renan on Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Ain't it funny how time slips away...."

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Keith F wrote:
Matthew wrote:I think the word he says is 'name' in keeping with what he is repeating at the end but the laugh messes the phrasing up a bit. I've always liked this version - maybe it will make it unto the eventual FTD release.
No he doesn't sing "Name", he sings "Free"

If You Talk In Your Sleep - Ending
Hmm, I don't think it's free...if anything it sounds like "me". I can't hear any 'fr' pronouciation there.

Dan_T

Post by Dan_T »

You're all wrong !

It's "Dream" :lol: well that's what it sounds like to me.

Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

Are we talking about different takes on the vinyl/CD releases or different mixes..?? Don´t get it quite.. :(

Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

Topic author
Songman

Post by Songman »

we talking about the official release of "If you talk in your sleep" on the Promised land vinyl album, with the Free/Mee etc etc ending.

Keith F

Post by Keith F »

You're right Andy, it does sound like he's singing "Me"

JohanD

Post by JohanD »

To me,i always tought it was "free",and i still do!! :wink:

JohanD

Juan Luis

Post by Juan Luis »

You cannot really tell because he laughs at something else and thats why he cannot pronounce the word right. Anyway its back on the 3rd disc of HITSTORY.

Axeman
Registered for: 18 years 8 months

Post by Axeman »

To me, Elvis clearly laughs, and then goes "Me?"

It sounds like he was joking with one of the musicians at the end of the take.

Axe

Juan Luis

Post by Juan Luis »

Ciscoking wrote:Are we talking about different takes on the vinyl/CD releases or different mixes..?? Don´t get it quite.. :(
When they remixed the song Elvis voice at the end laughing was mixed out and the song kept its original length more or less a second or two.

Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

Now I got it..thank you very much my friend..!!

Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

Andy-M

Post by Andy-M »

I think if you compare both Versions the length of the track has changed at least minimum 5 sec.!!
Can anyone check this out?
I had a diff of a few sec.
They made / remixed the fading longer.

Juan Luis

Post by Juan Luis »

You are right Andy. But the point I tried to make that even at its shortest Elvis could have been heard laughing. But they mixed it out or turned down the vocal track at the end so it would not be heard.

Andy-M

Post by Andy-M »

Yes you are right mate ;-)
Exactly. They mixed it down so it is not anymore heard. Or let us say 95% not heard LOL

Keith F

Post by Keith F »

I only have 450mb of web space John and I have to pay for that, so I try to keep most of the space for "Video". But I agree, that a section of my site would be good for the "Obscure" songs that have been released over the years, but it all costs money for the web space. That fact, I'm afraid, is lost by most who visit my site, and it makes me mad when some e-mail me and demands that I put certain stuff online!

My site is for informational purposes only ("Informational" - is that the right word?)

Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

Keith F wrote:But I agree, that a section of my site would be good for the "Obscure" songs that have been released over the years
Now that would be great Keith..
I am sure we could help you finding "obscure songs"..
Very interesting...sometimes more than video..LOL..

Keith F

Post by Keith F »

woodleyjohn wrote:
Keith F wrote:I only have 450mb of web space John and I have to pay for that, so I try to keep most of the space for "Video". But I agree, that a section of my site would be good for the "Obscure" songs that have been released over the years, but it all costs money for the web space. That fact, I'm afraid, is lost by most who visit my site, and it makes me mad when some e-mail me and demands that I put certain stuff online!

My site is for informational purposes only ("Informational" - is that the right word?)
Hi Keith. Perhaps a misunderstanding, what I meant was putting on the text referring to the songs something like your essential lists pages, rather than sound samples, which I guess would take up a lot of space. However, not being "web technical" I don't know what it entails space wise.

I get 55mb of free webspace from my provider but wouldn't have a clue as to whether this is any good or if I can use it for anything of value.

Cheers,
I wasn't getting at you there John, just letting everyone in general know that it does cost money to maintain a web site, essentially putting stuff out there for the fans for free.

Thanks to Jordan reading this thread, I now have extra web space (Jordan really is one of the kindest people in the Elvis World - He never ceases to amaze me!) so I could have another audio page on my site now, maybe for the likes of these "Obscure" songs, and could also include sound samples.

Now the question is which songs?

You also have 50MB of web space on Jordans "ElviCities" server John, along with the 50MB from your own service provider. I'm sure you could do something of value with all that web space :idea:

biggazza2003
Registered for: 20 years 4 months

Post by biggazza2003 »

im sure he about to say, snot me . as if someone gooffed.