Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Handwriting opinions?

Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:05 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... tegory=433

Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:36 pm

I guess the low price says enough,must be a fake ...

Fri Jun 20, 2003 1:38 am

The "rt" seller is bad news as far as Elvis sigs go.

TM Autographs has also sold bogus Elvis material in the past.

Given the two sources, I'd avoid this piece.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I believe this piece to be an excellent forgery, along the same lines of the others sourced to Europe.

N8
... just a fan ....

Sat Jun 21, 2003 7:18 am

I don't personally find it to be all that impressive. As far as fakes go, it truly is one of the better ones; whoever wrote it does have a lot of the key elements down. But just look at it--overall, it is just way too flowery to be Elvis's handwriting. Too ornate.

Sat Jun 21, 2003 7:48 am

BobbyTCB wrote:I don't personally find it to be all that impressive.

Actually, I think that it is a very impressive forgery; in fact, almost too impressive.

BobbyTCB wrote:As far as fakes go, it truly is one of the better ones;

Very much in agreement here. These types of forgeries have fooled even the most seasoned collectors. At first glance, they do indeed look very genuine.

BobbyTCB wrote: .... whoever wrote it does have a lot of the key elements down.

Professionally executed.

BobbyTCB wrote: ....... overall, it is just way too flowery to be Elvis's handwriting. Too ornate.

Agreed.

Excellent observations, BobbyTCB.

N8
... just a fan ....

Sat Jun 21, 2003 8:28 am

I was thinking about listing this on Ebay, does anyone think it would be worth the time?

http://hometown.aol.com/joez148/clamlarge.html

Sat Jun 21, 2003 10:29 am

Is that "Clambake" pic. genuine? Probably. It doesn't fall easily into the "genuine" category, nor into the obvious fake category. Could go either way, IMO (my revised opinion on this piece).

Is "probably" good enough for me to purchase a piece? Depends on the piece. In this case, ........ I'd say "no." Instead, I'd wait for a better example. That's just me. I prefer to err on the side of caution.

Will it sell? As with anything, that depends upon your final asking price.

Good luck.

N8
... just a fan ....