Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis rocks Zeppelin show

Thu Jun 19, 2003 6:45 pm

Is there an 'import' of the concert in which Zeppelin was in attendance and Elvis reportedly said to one of the Stanley boys afterwards "I guess I showed them boys how to rock." At the LA Forum in 74, maybe?

Thu Jun 19, 2003 8:06 pm

Speaking about "how to rock" - get that new Led Zeppelin DVD.

I only wish Elvis's concert footage was treated that good. They did an awesome job compiling that together. The Led Zep fans must be in total exctasy (sp?) 8)

Rich

Re: Elvis rocks Zeppelin show

Fri Jun 20, 2003 6:20 am

rsh. wrote:Is there an 'import' of the concert in which Zeppelin was in attendance and Elvis reportedly said to one of the Stanley boys afterwards "I guess I showed them boys how to rock." At the LA Forum in 74, maybe?

I don't recall whether the band caught the AS or ES of 11 May 1974. The first -- an audience recording -- is on shiny:

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/los_ang ... ornia.html

This is the show where Elvis sang his Roy Hamilton-inspired version of "You Can Have Her."

God bless!

Fri Jun 20, 2003 1:54 pm

Have the Led Zeppelin band members ever mentioned the date in any of the scarce interviews they gave?

ZEP

Tue Jun 24, 2003 11:52 am

I remember reading about this in a '70's edition of "Elvis Monthly", but for the life of me, I cannot remember which issue it was. But, according to the article in there, Elvis and the band started a song and the beginning was messed up, so Elvis said something like "wo, wo, wo start it again. We've got the guys from Led Zepellin out there tonight, so we've gotta show them how it's done!!!!" I don't think it was the LA Forum shows from May '74 as both of these are available in good quality and I don't remember anything like this happening during those gigs.
TONY DOBB