Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

LEGENDARY PERFORMER 7 SPOTTED IN ROTTERDAM!

Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:53 am

... Yes, it should be available from your local dealer this week... the booklet is amazing in quality so Ive been told by the Rotterdam fan. No info on the tracks as yet. Hes not been able to play it , due to problems with his cd player.

Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:02 am

This is a great news!!!

Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:05 pm

... Yes, it should be available from your local dealer this week... the booklet is amazing in quality so Ive been told by the Rotterdam fan. No info on the tracks as yet. Hes not been able to play it , due to problems with his cd player.

Does this CD need such advertising?

I think that the people behind these releases have learned their lesson well from the Colonel and the company. The majority of the tracks are previously released - less to nothing new. It seemed that "bootleggin'" goes BMG in releasing the same stuff over and over again. See the next "DAE"-release. I'll bet my shoes on it, that they didn't improve anything on the tracks. Earning money with this kind of Elvis-CD's is easy these days.

I'm not really excited about this one. At least I find that candid shot of Elvis unfitting for a CD release (the picture itself is a really nice one).

Joern

Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:44 pm

....And what about all the Hitstory threads on this mb? At least LP 7 Does contain several interesting unreleased items, Hitstory none! But lets keep it light... enough bull already between fans, or never enough, depending which way my mood swings? Just kidding!

Re: LEGENDARY PERFORMER 7 SPOTTED IN ROTTERDAM!

Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:37 pm

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:... Yes, it should be available from your local dealer this week... the booklet is amazing in quality so Ive been told by the Rotterdam fan. No info on the tracks as yet. Hes not been able to play it , due to problems with his cd player.

With DVD-players (that also play CD's!) selling here in Rotterdam for around euro 30,00 I would have bought a new DVD-player just to listen to the CD. :D

Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:42 pm

Luuk wrote:With DVD-players (that also play CD's!) selling here in Rotterdam for around euro 30,00

I can get you one for about 20 euro! :wink:

Seriously, great news about the CD! 8)

Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:49 pm

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:....And what about all the Hitstory threads on this mb? At least LP 7 Does contain several interesting unreleased items, Hitstory none! But lets keep it light... enough bull already between fans, or never enough, depending which way my mood swings? Just kidding!

I prefer LP7... There is nothing new in Hitstory.... You´re totally right Tallhair!

Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:22 pm

Marco Aurelio wrote:
Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:....And what about all the Hitstory threads on this mb? At least LP 7 Does contain several interesting unreleased items, Hitstory none! But lets keep it light... enough bull already between fans, or never enough, depending which way my mood swings? Just kidding!

I prefer LP7... There is nothing new in Hitstory.... You´re totally right Tallhair!

Amen to that brother!!!

Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:23 pm

Not brother in the literal sense - we're not triplets!!!! :wink:

Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:06 pm

Madson always did a great job, but the mix of studio, soundboard, rehearsals and binaural recordings, can be a confuse selection. Maybe a complete Birmingham concert, with better sound, could be more interesting.

Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:11 pm

I'd love a Birmingham update , but the LEGENDARY PERFORMER CONCEPT
a great continuation of the grab-bag / loose-end feel of the original
LEGENDARY series!

Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:03 pm

Legendary Performer Vol 7 is just superb. The booklet alone is worth the price of the CD. This is definately a hundred times better than that BMG rip-off Hitsstory set.

Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:08 pm

CD King wrote:Legendary Performer Vol 7 is just superb. The booklet alone is worth the price of the CD. This is definately a hundred times better than that BMG rip-off Hitsstory set.

Amen to that too!

I´ve just heard Blue Suede Shoes from January 27th, 1971. What a version of this song!!!!!!!!
Don´t Cry Daddy from January 26th, 1972 has great and terrific sound too!

Great release and much better than Hitstory...Learn BMG!

Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:06 pm

Renan wrote:Don´t Cry Daddy from January 26th, 1972 has great and terrific sound too!

Renan -
Elvis didn't sing this song on January 26, 1972.

I won't tell anyone though.

Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:50 pm

Rob wrote:
Renan wrote:Don´t Cry Daddy from January 26th, 1972 has great and terrific sound too!

Renan -
Elvis didn't sing this song on January 26, 1972.

I won't tell anyone though.

:oops: :oops: I meant 1970...... :lol:

Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:58 pm

In my opinion LP7 is very good... The sound is better for these soundboards and "I´ll Take Love" has a great sound too!!!

Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:20 pm

In fairness to HITSTORY, I looked it over in the record store this weekend
and have to say that at least it is a handsome box that covers two hits albums as is
(E1 & E2, with "corrections" in terms of sound and right versions) and remains currently the one box for new fans to get this material in one shot. In some stores, there aren't that many copies of either E1 or E2 anymore.

I guess I can cast this off as being for the casual fan. I really would prefer they kept pre-2002 hits collections as viable catalog items and
if they did more creative releases, but really, Elvis' hits always deserve
availability. They did keep the E1 /E2 track listings at least. That third
disc seems kind of short in running order and uninspired in terms of what
an "E3" could have been.

That said, RCA/BMG is just coasting and showing little inventiveness
or faith to the Elvis legacy save for the "private collector label" that is
FTD.

It's bootleggers who continue to carry the torch! :lol:

Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:39 pm

dougkapp wrote:Madson always did a great job, but the mix of studio, soundboard, rehearsals and binaural recordings, can be a confuse selection. Maybe a complete Birmingham concert, with better sound, could be more interesting.

I prefer it the way they are doing it now.

I'm not listening to soundboards much at the moment and find it more interesting/refreshing to hear a wholr range of material. :D

Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:49 pm

CD King wrote:The booklet alone is worth the price of the CD.

what the hell is this ? do you buy the cd because of the booklet ? ok a nice booklet is cool, but i would not overreact like this.

Joern, your comment is damn right imo.

Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:01 pm

...Ente, whos over reacting now?! Cmon take it easy, kiddo!

Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:12 pm

Really. Collectors are borderline fetishists to begin with so
why come on here and go ape? :lol:

My bet is that our new friend (born 1980?) is part of the
"download" generation that doesn't cop to "real" liner notes, etc. :P

Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:40 am

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:Really. Collectors are borderline fetishists to begin with..."

That's the truth and nothing but the truth. I was thinkin the exact same thing as I was looking through my "Flashback" book last night... :oops: I'll never understand how people can be satisfied with CD-R's or MP3's. I'm not old but I guess I'm old-fashioned in this case. I sometimes download stuff too, but then it's either material not available on LP/CD or stuff that I've never heard and, if I like it, will buy later on. Plus, I want the stuff in the best possible quality. The entertainment industry just loves nutters like me!

Keith Richards, Jr.

Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:24 pm

Here, here, Keith :oops:

I'm not that old either but hearing about teens in love with their computer
downloads makes me feel a hundred years old...

But having a huge collection (not just Elvis) I sometimes welcome
the idea of all music being available via download or whatever
they'll call it.

Still, like looking at the spines of a books in a library, I like to see
the titles of my records and CDs and hold them in my hand at a
moment's notice. The computer to me is still a necessary evil and
a rather cold technology at that.

Perhaps we are the last generation to get on board with such a
mentality...? :shock:
Last edited by Gregory Nolan Jr. on Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

leg vol 6

Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:32 pm

on the legendary performer vol 6 on page 10 there is a shot under the title of "what i say" of elvis supposedly from 1969
is this correct as the belt he is wearing would suggest aug 70 or 1970 as a whole
but yet again looking at the sweets its probably 69 but the belt threw me can anyone shed any more info on this
keep it coming madison i cant wait for vol 8,9,10

Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:40 pm

I'm surprised to see that last post is still here :wink: