Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:52 pm

Hard to say, but one that I continue to be amazed with is that thing he does at the end of Aloha where he is one one knee and with one swift clean move he has changed to the other knee.

It tried that once and limped around on a sore old knee for about a week.

Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:13 pm

MB280E wrote:Check out the way he moves when he ends I Got A Woman on TTWII SE, that´s great stuff IMO. Sincerely MB280E

Absolutely! He does that little hand-shaking thing with the microphone, then finishes off the move with the mic stand--beautiful stuff. That is at the top of the list for me, too.

Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:21 pm

During "Aloha" I love the little move he does in "I Can't Stop Loving You" during the "They say.....that time" verse.

Elvis was the epitome of cool....that's all you can say.

Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:08 am

InMemphis, i can do that move with ease, just not too nice on carpet, i'll tell you that

but the moves i don't think ANYONE can do as good as him are ones like the suspicious minds moves on TTWII, which is impossible to do well, and probably the polk salad annie arm swings at the end, very hard as well. and also when he shakes his body all over, like he is having a fit, cool :D

Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:05 am

as time goes by, it'll happen

Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:25 am

elvisjnr wrote:i can do that move with ease

People really do these things? Do you do it in front of a mirror?

Never mind. I really don't want to know. Someday, you'll look back and say "I can't believe I actually did that."

The one scene in the original TTWII that I hate more than the lesbian cat lovers, is the the clowns on stage trying to perform Elvis' moves while listening to his music.

It's quite nauseating.

Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:37 pm

Rob wrote: The one scene in the original TTWII that I hate more than the lesbian cat lovers, is the the clowns on stage trying to perform Elvis' moves while listening to his music.

It's quite nauseating.

It really is nauseating, but somehow, I'm drawn to it and can't stop watching it.

Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:30 pm

Having seen Patch it Up Baby from Opening Night, I must say that his backwards grrove is the best I've ever seen. That's an athlete move.

Sadly, it makes even more unbelievable what happened in the following years :(

Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:47 pm

On the subject of cool Elvis moves..i would want to include the neck roll he does at the opening of eot while singing johnny b goode..doesnt get any cooler that that!!

Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:13 am

TTWII original version of Suspicious Minds: the arm windmill, the machine gun, the shoulder shimmy, and the move into the knee drop are all cool.

EOT I Got A Woman: the bluesy end bit where he sings "I gotta woman - way 'cross town she's - good to me" he does a kind of circular motion with his lower body then slides his hand/arm down the mike stand. Cool!

TTWII-SE: Patch It Up. Great dance moves/gyrations.

Aloha Burning Love: the part at the end where he rocks the mike in time with the 'hunka hunka' bit.

Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:17 am

I'm embarrased to admit this but I also get a kick out of the way he sorta humps his guitar while strumming along to James solo on That's All Right in TTWII.

Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:05 pm

FrankieRider2 wrote:Everybody here has named some supremely cool moves and moments, but one that always stands out to me is in the main Aloha show.

The smooth, suave move where he drops down to one knee; the arm motion, the timing, everything.... I just go "Ooooo...." every time I see that. I don't think I've seen that movement executed that smoothly on any other live concert tape or DVD.

What a dunce I am.... I was reading back through these posts and realized that I did not even mention the song I was referring to. I was talking about the break in "Suspicious Minds".... of course I guess that was the only song he went down on one knee in at all. Anyway.... :wink:

And I agree about the end of of "I Got A Woman" on ETTWII-SE. That twirl and kick is awesome.... partially because it virtually comes out of nowhere, as the song is over. I know it elicited some big-time gasps at the Orpheum Theatre in Memphis at the premiere.