Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Hmm?? Elvis No1, Second To None, Hitstory?

Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:14 pm

I thought about this a long time now, but now Im almost convinced that BMG delibrety puts small errors on their new cds. (small, almost unhearable errors, but annoying as hell)

Im thinking mainly of the now famous "Hound Dog-pop" and the wrong take of "A Fool Such As I" on Elv1s no1.

As "Hitstory" is released the errors are gone. But you have to buy even more tracks (that you already have)

Anyone who has more examples of this???

(sorry for my bad English, hope you get my point anyway...)

Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:25 pm

They don't make mistakes, they do this to make us part with our hard earned cash....

...still not buying HITSTORY.... (you can put an S before the HITSTORY if ya want - I am sure Elvis would not mind).

Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:35 pm

Rockin John -

On another thread, Claus claims that the European release of Hitstory doesn't have the corrections !

He reckons the tracks appear on Disc 1 exactly as on 30 # 1 Hits !

Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:37 pm

Well, I Don't know which is worse...

Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:00 am

I guess it means new fans who bought this material will now believe that "Hound Dog" always had a pop in it and that "The Wonder Of You" doesn't quite sound like the # 1 hit they've heard on the radio.

Pity.

Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:25 am

Of all the mistakes on the original E1 The Wonder Of You alt pissed me off the most.

Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:06 pm

JerryNodak wrote:Of all the mistakes on the original E1 The Wonder Of You alt pissed me off the most.

From what Mink says, even the 'corrected' version of this track is still not the hit single version !

I wonder if this has anything to do with Ernst's absence through illness ?

The 16-year old girl on work-experience-training at BMG who is covering for him just isn't up to it, is she ?

Why don't they simply submit every release to Kevan Budd for final approval before issue ?

Or perhaps a panel of Kevan, Steve M, Steve Sholes, Keith, WoodleyJohn, & Mink ?

Or any number of posters on here who would know what was good & what wasn't !
Last edited by ColinB on Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:10 pm

JerryNodak wrote:Of all the mistakes on the original E1 The Wonder Of You alt pissed me off the most.

Same here. The version included was inferior, so where's the logic?

Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:26 pm

As E himself said "Everybody is entitled to make one stupid ass mistake"

However these guys take it to a whole new level.

What a crock :evil:

Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:42 pm

TJ wrote:

Same here. The version included was inferior, so where's the logic?

It does sound great tho... :wink:

Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:39 pm

The last BMG item I bought was the Elvis By The Presley's DVD.

I'll gladly buy all FTD's and the new imports as they surface. However, I'll not own any of the compilation of previously released material CD's of any kind that they are offering.

Sorry, BMG. Sounds like the majority of this message board feels the same as I do.

When will they learn?

Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:43 pm

That´s how I feel Rob. When BMG released Close Up, Platinum, Elvis Aron Presley, TT&F I bought.
Now this new box there ain´t no chances for me to buy.....

Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:49 pm

The bad part of it is that I hope there is not an executive sitting in an office somehere thinking to himself.......Man, if this don't sell there's no way I'm taking a chance releasing an Elvis On Tour SE DVD set.

Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:10 am

I'm with Jerry on The Wonder of You...and actucally it pissed me off about A Fool Such As I as well.....and I never was impressed with the over all sound...some tracks seemed muffled.....All Shook Up stood out as the best....

Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:10 am

Rob wrote:The last BMG item I bought was the Elvis By The Presley's DVD.

I'll gladly buy all FTD's and the new imports as they surface. However, I'll not own any of the compilation of previously released material CD's of any kind that they are offering.

Sorry, BMG. Sounds like the majority of this message board feels the same as I do.

When will they learn?

Their argument would be, learn what? These are the releases that chart. Unfortunate, but true.

Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:23 am

I'm going to hold off on this release. I think that if all goes well it should hit the FTD lables "Classic albums" release for next year. I really have issues though, will this have the pop, or will it not, if it doesn't have the pop it's not the proper re-re-re-re-re-re-issue, if it does than they just wouldn't go back to the master tapes. Geez.

Sad part is I wouldn't be a bit surprised if this happened :evil:

Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:44 pm

ColinB wrote:

The 16-year old girl on work-experience-training at BMG who is covering for him just isn't up to it, is she ?

:evil: Well said!
ImageImage

Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:45 am

Here's the old website I started in 2002 that has a downloadable 30-second file with the pop repaired from the ELV1S CD (it took me about five minutes) and some other stuff.

http://nopop.50megs.com/

All downloadble files on that page are 250k bytes or less. Please go and hit the page, to keep the page from being deleted.

Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:14 am

Wow! Who is she? 8)

Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:34 am

ColinB wrote:Rockin John -

On another thread, Claus claims that the European release of Hitstory doesn't have the corrections !

He reckons the tracks appear on Disc 1 exactly as on 30 # 1 Hits !

Has anyone confirmed Claus' assertion ?

Is it even out in Europe yet ?

Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:51 am

Thomas wrote:

Wow! Who is she? 8)

jailbait.

Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:02 am

jailbait.

:lol:

Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:45 pm

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:
ColinB wrote:

:evil: Well said!
ImageImage

True. But she sure is cute. Is she a Kissin' Cousin. ColinB? Just Kidding!!

Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:01 pm

If you look up the source of the link you will learn that she is possibly cut out of a furniture store catalogue.

Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:09 pm

Yes, she is jailbait. I plugged in the word "16-year old girl" in my search and that's what came out. All of this, of course, was to illustrate
Colin's long-held suspicion RCA's Elvis catalog was being run by a
16 year old. You know, the spate of love song collections
and "it's a new year so let's make a new Elvis Christmas collection" mentality...!

p.s.
Ohnono, I'd forgotten that site of yours...

I rather miss the squeak in "So Glad You're Mine."