Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Who is Byron Raphael??

Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:58 pm

Does anyone know who this guy is??

In an article for 'Playboy' he claims he was Elvis's right hand man and in 1956 used to bring girls to Elvis including Marilyn Monroe and Natalie Wood.
He has made some really bad comments about Elvis in the article.

I thought Elvis had never even met Marilyn Monroe.

Sean

Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:16 pm

Apparently he's a stud and girls used to hang around Elvis to get to him. He shagged Natalie Wood outside Elvis' door and in front of Gene Smith. Unfortunately neither Elvis, Natalie nor Gene lived long enough to confirm or deny the story.

Elvis DID meet Marilyn Monroe on the set of Flaming Star in 1960. Apparently Marilyn wanted to get jiggy with Elvis but Elvis wasn't interested as he realised he was a flop in bed and didn't want to embarass himself in front of Marilyn and his mates, so Byron proceeded to shag Marilyn (and Jane Russell, who was also on the set at the time) to save Elvis' face. Unfortunately neither Elvis, Marilyn nor Jane lived long enough to confirm or deny the story.

Byron was also at the Paris hotel when Elvis invited the 18 Lido dancers back to his suite in 1959. Again, Elvis was aflop and Byron again saved the day by shagging the 18 dancers thus saving Elvis' face again. Unfortunately neither Elvis nor any of the 18 dancers lived long enough to confirm or deny the story.

The only other one who might know is Byron's wife who also has, unfortunately, passed away.

Apparently Byron saved Elvis' face on 2000 occasions between September 1956 and June 1960 which makes it all the more unusual that no-one had heard about him until last Saturday!

Strange! :shock:

Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:28 pm

Sean -

According to Marty Lacker, this guy is full of it !

He was employed at one time by Parker, that's all.

Never a part of Elvis' group.

Never procured women for Elvis, as he claims.

His smattering of 'inside knowledge' has enabled him to concoct an almost believable story.

Ignore him.

Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:39 pm

ColinB wrote:Sean -

According to Marty Lacker, this guy is full of it !

He was employed at one time by Parker, that's all.

Never a part of Elvis' group.

Never procured women for Elvis, as he claims.

His smattering of 'inside knowledge' has enabled him to concoct an almost believable story.

Ignore him.

Marilyn Monroe in the set of Flaming Star??? Any pics of it???

Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:49 pm

Renan -

According to Lacker, Monroe phoned Elvis with an invite.

They didn't speak directly to each other and Elvis advised his staff to turn her down.

They never met.

Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:51 pm

ColinB wrote:Renan -

According to Lacker, Monroe phoned Elvis with an invite.

They didn't speak directly to each other and Elvis advised his staff to turn her down.

They never met.

A pity....I had hopes to see a pic... :cry:

Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:56 pm

Thanks Colin and Delboy,

You scared me Delboy with your post. :wink:
I actually thought my knowledge of Elvis was not that good but as this man(if you can call him that) wasnt that close to Elvis its no wonder i didnt know who he was.

When Red West was asked if Elvis ever met Marilyn he said'That was one that got away'.Brilliant line!!!!!!!!

Sean

Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:17 pm

Just another a--hole trying to make money by posting another phony story about EP, what a shock.

Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:05 pm

I haven't read this article and I won't do it either. It's written by Alanna Nash, yeah? I don't know what to think of her. She wrote "Revelations of the Memphis Mafia" too and from what I've heard that book featured some very non-flattering stories. Anyway, I read Nash's book "The Colonel" this summer and this Raphael character is quoted a lot in there. I loved the book, but Nash has some sensational stories and theories I don't believe for a minute (The Colonel didn't kill that girl) and now I know Raphael is not to be trusted either. What a bitter and pathetic old loser.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:59 pm

Keith -

You wrote:
What a bitter and pathetic old loser

Sorry, I lost track a bit there.

Who is the bitter old loser ?

Nash, Parker or Raphael ?.

Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:47 pm

Colin wrote:

Close your eyes & take yer pick. You can't go wrong.

Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:04 am

ColinB wrote:Keith -

You wrote:
What a bitter and pathetic old loser

Sorry, I lost track a bit there.

Byron for sure. Nash? Possible. Parker, though, is not even close to being any of that. He may have had his faults, but I love The Colonel. He's one of the most fascinating and colorful characters ever in the entertainment industry.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:59 pm

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:I haven't read this article and I won't do it either. It's written by Alanna Nash, yeah? I don't know what to think of her. She wrote "Revelations of the Memphis Mafia" too and from what I've heard that book featured some very non-flattering stories. Anyway, I read Nash's book "The Colonel" this summer and this Raphael character is quoted a lot in there. I loved the book, but Nash has some sensational stories and theories I don't believe for a minute (The Colonel didn't kill that girl) and now I know Raphael is not to be trusted either. What a bitter and pathetic old loser.

Keith Richards, Jr.

I think Nash makes the mistake of relying on very dubious sources sometimes. Anyone who uses Mary (psycho bitch) Smiley as a source isn't going to produce wholly accurate results.

Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:28 am

Did you hear George Klein talk about this idiot on Sirius? He said he was writing aletter to the editor of Playboy stating his accusation are complete bull. So the saga continues..
Does this mean Elvis will get more free press in a nudie magazine???

Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:49 pm

Hmmmmmm.......

It is true that some of the critics weren't 'on the scene' in 1956 !

Pity we haven't heard from Red West !

Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:02 am

ColinB wrote:Hmmmmmm.......

It is true that some of the critics weren't 'on the scene' in 1956 !

Pity we haven't heard from Red West !

Probably makes it really easy for him to lie about that year. His story may have elements of truth, but I'm sure that it's embellished. The Natalie Wood part, in particular, was not remotely believable - more like wishful thinking.

Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:45 am

The things that i dont like about this is why has he taken this long to bring this story out?
Nearly 50 years?? Give me a break.

He waits till everyone who was there has died, except him, to come out with this bullshit. :twisted:

Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:17 pm

My name is Byron Raphael.

I got chicks for Elvis Presley. Yeah.......that's it.......

Now I'm going home to sleep with my wife............Morgan Fairchild.

That's the ticket!!!!!!

Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:52 pm

Scatter wrote:Byron Raphael.

And I thought he was one of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!!! :oops:

:wink: :lol: :wink:

Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:35 pm

He was, until they caught him trying to tell Master Splinter that the other turtles were lousy fighters and he was doing all the work, and sleeping with April O' Neil on the side.

He was promptly kicked out and replaced with the Raphael you see in the series today.

(it's only funny if you know the show, but I had to do it)