Elvis - A Disappointment

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

EagleUSA

Post by EagleUSA »

Byron Raphael, who was "Elvis's pimp" from 1956 to 1960
This dude, Byron, felt compelled to give us his story because "The things that I had to say are true". What a dick.

I find the story itself much less interesting than just how much it indicates that Elvis didn't have any real friends he could trust. Not then, and not some 40+ years after the fact.

Eagle

Topic author
eapjs

Post by eapjs »

|It was the claim that he, himself, bedded Natalie Woods that left me unconvinced! Sounds like bravado from a 15yr old.

iamhekev

Post by iamhekev »

It"s easy to tell a story when the person your talking about is not a round.

KEV.

SAM...17.3.1955 to 24.1.2008

elvisjnr

Post by elvisjnr »

oh like we give a sh*t if Elvis was good in bed or not! what matters is the music! does that make him a loser if he's not good in bed? NO!

we want Elvis! we want Elvis! we want Elvis on tour!

dl

Post by dl »

I have read that stuff a lot of times (and guess what - I believe it). But I admire Elvis for his singing and his style of entertaining the people. Not for his abilities as a lover.

Elvis' Babe
Mood:

Post by Elvis' Babe »

ok, it would be factual if the guy cut out making it sound like it's a bad thing.

and the fact that he wasn't the king of bedding women makes me love elvis even more. which honestly, from the several sources i've read that weren't comments by the memphis mafia (sounds like their wishful thinking mostly), elvis was definitely a shy guy, and he liked women around sometimes just to talk to, confide in, and give bible studies to. so yeah, i do think the memphis mafia puff up his record so we don't look at theirs quite so closely (imo, it was just as bad or worse, as they used fans that just wanted to get close to elvis).

so, yeah. the not-so-big-of-a-king in the sack, as far as numbers are concerned, story rings true.

however, if that is true, natalie wood sure comes off looking like a slut. which i don't entirely want to believe. though she sure wasn't impressed by elvis' let's-take-you-to-memphis-to-meet-my-folks approach.

it's a toss up on which parts are fabrication and true.

the one that rings the most false is natalie wood and the guy who wrote this...i think that is his wishful thinking.

"Thank you very much. Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to the big, freaky International Hotel. Those little weirdo dolls on the walls. And those little funky angels on the ceiling. Uh, this is my first live appearance in 9 years. H-uhh! Thank you. I've appeared dead a few times, but this is my first live appearance. Before the evening is up, I will have made a complete and total fool of myself, and I hope you get a kick out of watching it." --EP