Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Joe Lightcloud
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Is CHARRO! out yet on DVD in UK

Post by Joe Lightcloud »

I know it's coming out, I just wondered if it's out yet, and if it is... what's the quality like and is it edited...

Joe Lightcloud

You never stood in that man's shoes... or saw things through his eyes....
Hank Williams - 1950

Delboy

Post by Delboy »

HMV are advertising this on their website for £9.99. The cover looks a bit cheap and nasty so the quality is anyone's guess...

Scott Hayward

Post by Scott Hayward »

This was released with the same cover in Scandinavia a while back, and from what I heard the quality is just as bad as before (most importantly, it's still in pan & scan, a major offence for widescreen films). :evil:

Seems like Charro has slipped into P.D., and anybody can release it. In my view the estate should be more vocal on this subject, at least, so that such inferior copies of Elvis movies wouldn't find their way into the marketplace. Letting a film go P.D. is incomprehensible in my (admittely layman) point of view.

paulwood
Registered for: 21 years

Post by paulwood »

Not seen CHARRO in any of the high street stores. From whats been said here it sounds like a DVD nasty.

What about the Paramount DVD titles ;Girls Girls Girls, Paradise Hawaiian Style, Fun In Acapulco, Easy Come Easy Go -were'nt they supposed to have been released in the UK a couple of weeks back? Not seen them in the stores either.

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

paulwood -

The four Elvis DVD's which you asked about are due for release in UK on 23rd June.

Colin B
Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions - Voltaire

DarrylMac
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

New DVD's

Post by DarrylMac »

Will the DVD's of Easy Come, Paradise, Acapulco etc be unedited, or will they have any songs / content cut, as has happened with some releases

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

Darrylmac -

Don't know.

Fans of other artists ask: "What extras will we get on DVD ?"

Elvis fans have to ask: "What will be omitted on DVD ?"

It's a sorry state of affairs isn't it ?

My daughter has just got a DVD of David Essex's 'Silver Dream Racer' with an alternative [happy] ending !

'Wild In The Country' anyone ?

Colin B

DarrylMac
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Elvis on DVD

Post by DarrylMac »

Colin,

I couldn't agree with you more. The handling of the TTWII SE was nothing short of scandalous. They promise extras, then remove them, while still printing covers with the extras on. Then, they show it on Turner BEFORE the release, enabling people to tape it, then punish US for poor sales by denying us an On Tour Special Edition. The recent DVD from Led Zep stands out as an example of what could be acheived. Elvis fans have been buying his product for almost 50 years. Surely that loyalty has to be rewarded with a quality product, not just the bear minimum of effort?

Colin, forgive my ingnorance, but I recently bought the paramount DVD of Wild in the Country as part of a 3 dvd box. It was the first time in 10 years i'd seen the film. Have things been cut from it?

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

DarrylMac -

I am not aware of any cuts in 'Wild'.

The 'Flaming Star' in the latest release is the watered-down-for-TV version.

My reference to 'Wild In The Country' was that it originally had a different ending [the Hope Lange character died] which was changed before full theatrical release.

It would be interesting to see the original ending on DVD.

Fat chance !

Colin B

Topic author
Joe Lightcloud
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Post by Joe Lightcloud »

Hey guys, I think I said it before but what about "Roustabout" at least they have released that in it's full state, I think.
The VHS versions, that have been released since i can remember have been edited, quite a lot, but the new DVD as far as I know is complete.
Even the trailer is on it, but what happened to the outtakes, I remember some reference to the actual outtakes of Roustabout being put out, Elvis actually making the movie, but this was a few years ago, not for this DVD.

BUT NO, NOTHING AS USUAL

Joe Lightcloud

You never stood in that man's shoes... or saw things through his eyes....
Hank Williams - 1950