Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Lakeisha
Registered for: 21 years

The mix on TTWII SE disc 2 vs LILV disc 2

Post by Lakeisha »

Why is it that the mix on TWWII SE is softer and less base line than the disc 2 on LILV box set? The LILV show is AMAZING for that time! Very clear and has a stronger punch and baseline than any other Elvis concert that I have ever heard.

For instance, listen to the mix on Polk Salad Annie on TTWII and then LILV. The LILV version is more louder and stronger with a deeper drumline and punch to it. The base rolls out like thunder. But on TTWII SE it is burried behind the music mix.

My point being that these shows were recorded within a day or two with the same type of technology. So why did they mix it down on TTWII SE and mix the LILV show more up the way it should have been on the SE version?

I really like both shows alot. It's just that they ruined it by not mixing it properly than they did for the LILV concert on disc 2.

JonRomanovich
Registered for: 21 years

Post by JonRomanovich »

I love the LILV Box, but I must admit, Disc 2 of the TTWII SE CD Set, is my all time favorite sounding and performed show on CD. I love the sound on disc 2 more than almost anything.
Hopefully someone will arrive and give you a better report.
TCB

iF iT'S tOO lOUD, yOU ARE tOO oLD

I'm on facebook!! Jon Romanovich