Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:37 am

EPC,

ckeck your PM's.

Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:05 pm

EP collector wrote:
I am a "serious" collector, and can tell you, that Turner has NO intention of releasing any more footage of TTWII, and may, I repeat may release EOT in 5 years. The "perfect" TWII SE is all that will be done for that movie in that quality.

I just got depressed. This is not the best news I have heard in a long time. Don't they know I'm a collector. I need to collect dammit!

I guess I will focus my focus on the Sun box.

Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:40 pm

[quote="ekenee"]EP collector wrote:
I am a "serious" collector, and can tell you, that Turner has NO intention of releasing any more footage of TTWII, and may, I repeat may release EOT in 5 years. The "perfect" TWII SE is all that will be done for that movie in that quality.

Never say never .....Mr. Sillerman, Todd Morgan,Jack Soden and EPE may be well indeed in the planning stages of a footage buyout from Turner. There's no doubt in my mind that Mr. Sillerman would love to get his hands on the TTWII and EOT master negatives. If there's a will....there's a way. Three years ago, I thought Aloha and '68 comeback would never see the light of day in the form of a multi-DVD format release. Like I said, never say never....especially in the Elvis world.

:wink:
Last edited by moodyblue1 on Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:51 pm

moodyblue1,

My thoughts exactly.

There is more to come - definitely!

Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:17 pm

I don't think, that any TTWII footage will be released soon, too. But because Elvis hasn't recorded much since his death, they will release the filmed concerts. If the EOT SE will sell (and I really believe they will produce a SE someday), there will be not much left. And because they think EIC does harm the king's image, the only chance to make money out of the 1970's Elvis is to release a complete show and maybe some rehearsals as a bonus. It may take some time, but I'm pretty sure, that it will come.