Registered for: 19 years 6 months

October 9th, 1973, Santa Monica, California

Post by thefunkyangel »

The attire!

Topic author
thefunkyangel

Post by thefunkyangel »

Courtesy of The Girls' Guide to Elvis website!

minkahed
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Post by minkahed »

is it jus the pic or does Elvis look incredibly overweight in that shot :?:

and to think, this was as early as Oct of '73... :cry:

I don't care what Ed Van Halen says about me--all's I know is that Howard Stern and Mr. Rogers like me just the way I friendly am! - David Lee Roth

Joe Car
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Joe Car »

minkahed wrote:is it jus the pic or does Elvis look incredibly overweight in that shot :?:

To me it's just his face that looks overweight. Not a very good picture of our guy that's for sure. If you look at the picture of just the suit alone, it looks line an average size and it didn't look tight on Elvis.

minkahed

Post by minkahed »

Joe Car wrote:
minkahed wrote:is it jus the pic or does Elvis look incredibly overweight in that shot :?:

it didn't look tight on Elvis.
definetely disagree with that :!:

I don't care what Ed Van Halen says about me--all's I know is that Howard Stern and Mr. Rogers like me just the way I friendly am! - David Lee Roth

Marko
Registered for: 20 years 6 months

Post by Marko »

I think Elvis looks more bloated than fat. This was just before Dr Nick put Elvis into a hospital to dry out. He was in bad shape. I think Elvis was bloated because his body was gathering fluid.

"I've learned very early in life, without a song, the day would never end. Without a song, a man ain't got a friend. Without a song, the road would never bend, without a song. So I'll keep on singing the song."

minkahed

Post by minkahed »

Marko wrote:

I think Elvis looks more bloated than fat. This was just before Dr Nick put Elvis into a hospital to dry out. He was in bad shape. I think Elvis was bloated because his body was gathering fluid.
bloated or fluid, whatever other excuse we can find, he sure doesn't look like the Elvis from 10 months earlier that appeared in Aloha From Hawaii...

think about it, jus 10 months after... :cry:

Marko
Registered for: 20 years 6 months

Post by Marko »

[quote="minkahed"][/quote]bloated or fluid, whatever other excuse we can find, he sure doesn't look like the Elvis from 10 months earlier that appeared in Aloha From Hawaii...

No excuse there. He wasn't taking very good care of himself. He was slowly killing himself with the drugs. The Aloha show was his last true challenge. He had gotten himself to a good shape for the show but right after it he was worse than ever. The Vegas engament that followed was a bad one. His even lost his voice during a show there. After 1973 it was downhill all the way until the end. :(

"I've learned very early in life, without a song, the day would never end. Without a song, a man ain't got a friend. Without a song, the road would never bend, without a song. So I'll keep on singing the song."

Kylan

Post by Kylan »

Marko wrote:
minkahed wrote:
bloated or fluid, whatever other excuse we can find, he sure doesn't look like the Elvis from 10 months earlier that appeared in Aloha From Hawaii...

No excuse there. He wasn't taking very good care of himself. He was slowly killing himself with the drugs. The Aloha show was his last true challenge. He had gotten himself to a good shape for the show but right after it he was worse than ever. The Vegas engament that followed was a bad one. His even lost his voice during a show there. After 1973 it was downhill all the way until the end. :(
Hell I guess they should have just buried him then..

ahem ahem.....

minkahed

Post by minkahed »

as usual, Kylan adds nuthin' to the discussion...

tell me Kylan, if Elvis wasn't on a downward spiral after Aloha, his last artistic and popularity peak, jus what were the uphill events from '74 on... :?:

Kylan

Post by Kylan »

Mink, you cant categorize someone's life and put it in a nice pretty box with a ribbon around it. I suppose he was just having an off day when he got off the downward spiral towards the toilet and had a good day in December when he went to Stax to kick ass and take names with "Promised Land" and many other tracks you guys love to get into a lather about. I suppose he had an off day when he recorded the concert in Memphis 74 that you guys love to get into a lather about. I suppose he had an off day when he went to RCA and recorded the tracks.. T-R-O-U-B-L-E being one for the Today album u guys love to get into a lather about. I suppose he had an off day when he recorded some sad but beautiful tunes in the Jungle Room in Feb and October 76 that many of you love to get into a lather about. I suppose he had an off day when he put on some great shows at the end of 76 you guys love to get into a lather about..

see a reoccuring pattern? :wink:

minkahed

Post by minkahed »

WOW, that was incredible Kylan... :roll:

very perceptive.

somehow I predicted you would mention all those things we lather about... :lol:

TCB TED
Registered for: 19 years

Post by TCB TED »

I would add that New Years Eve, Pittsburgh, 1976 was a gut check triumph.
He looked good, sounded great, and had terrific energy. Although the high points were few and far between post Aloha, they did definitely exist.

Kylan

Post by Kylan »

well if it isn't true, then do tell me! im listening! :wink:

minkahed

Post by minkahed »

hey kylan, as of right now, we both have made 1286 posts :!: :lol:

minkahed

Post by minkahed »

Jordans-Elvis-World wrote:

This was back when Elvis was getting "accupuncture", from a certain doc out in CA... But not in the truest sense. He believed that's what it was - but they were syringes of corticosteriod/lidocaine/demerol. The first of which if given in excess levels (as the case was) causes a "Moon Face" appearance.
Thanks for the clarification jordan...

I totally forgot about that "accupuncture" bit from Elvis' life.

Wasn't it also from around this same time (Oct. '73) that Elvis first OD'd and almost died :?:

Topic author
thefunkyangel

Post by thefunkyangel »

Topic author
thefunkyangel

Post by thefunkyangel »

Surely (and I don't mean Shirley!) this (Elvis and Priscilla leaving the Santa Monica Court house) was covered (filmed) by a local news crew! It was bound too! Just by looking in my database, I can confirm Ol' Vern hovering around the divorced couple, but I can't see any of the entourage!

Juan Luis

Post by Juan Luis »

Rob

Post by Rob »

Probably their last kiss? Someone should do a split screen with their wedding kiss.

minkahed

Post by minkahed »

cilla looks real tore up about the whole thing don't she :?:

bitch don't even have her eyes closed... :evil:

Stephen Butler

Post by Stephen Butler »

EPCOLLECTOR wrote:EP had certainly let himself go. If I am not mistaken, he was doing quite a bit of Codine at that time, which does have a blaoting effect.
Blimey, if only I looked this bad! :wink:

Stephen Butler:

Special Elvis Agent At Large

Simon1
Prolonged Suspension. Repeat Offender
Prolonged Suspension. Repeat Offender
Registered for: 20 years 9 months

Post by Simon1 »

thefunkyangel wrote:Surely (and I don't mean Shirley!) this (Elvis and Priscilla leaving the Santa Monica Court house) was covered (filmed) by a local news crew! It was bound too! Just by looking in my database, I can confirm Ol' Vern hovering around the divorced couple, but I can't see any of the entourage!
I also think it was filmed, but there is no concrete evidence, no reports of people having seen it on local tv. I searched high and low for any footage of this particular day (as I did for much more footage), but till day I haven't come across any video library that has even a second of footage.
Of course I will keep looking for it 8)
Cheers
Simon