Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

What Would Elvis Make Of The Anoraks

Wed Jun 18, 2003 6:20 pm

Hi,

I am totally amazed by the 'Elvis Know It All's' who fequent the Elvis world in cyber space and attend every fan club convention. Can someone please shed some light on what type of person seems to know more about Elvis than he did himself, even though they never met him or anyone even associated with him.

I am not refering to genuine fans who's love of Elvis has made others lives richer by sharing with others. I am on about the compulsive obsesive behaviour of a minority of people who know only what the read in books and magazines, but shout loud at every opportunity when they feel as if their very soul has been violated by an opinion which they themselves do not share.

I understand, having lived the lifestyle of the rich and famous, that their is a minority of people who don't have the know how or the talent to achieve the status of someone as fortunate or talented as myself, but it is a sad refection on our society today that many people without hopes, dreams and ambitions of their own have to cling to the hopes of us privilaged few.

I wonder if Elvis would have thought the same about these people today.

JUST A THOUGHT (LOL)...

Hawky...[/quote]

Wed Jun 18, 2003 6:22 pm

You can't be talking about me coz

I Know Nothin' :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:50 pm

Nighthawk, there's something I need to ask: what exactly does "anorak" mean?

Wed Jun 18, 2003 11:23 pm

I understand it to be a wonderful slang word derived in England with reference to "train spotters" favorite garb.

A "train spotter" is a spotty nerdy like individual who spends all his spare time standing by railway tracks writing the locomotive numbers that pass.

I guess a close simile would be "a nerdy anal retentive with a one track mind". :D

Wed Jun 18, 2003 11:44 pm

I believe there's a country novelty song in this! First line (sung to the tune of Dylans "Subterrean Homesick blues") : "I ran into an anorak, checkin' out an amtrack. The coke-bottle glasses type, still lives at home at 35. Look out freak, you slide-rule geek..." . How do you like it so far?

To Kiwi Alan

Thu Jun 19, 2003 12:08 am

Thank you my friend,

I could of not put the description of an anorak any better myself. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Thu Jun 19, 2003 1:20 am

Elvis might say. quote Milton Berle "keep buying those 'racords' ".
:lol:

Thu Jun 19, 2003 1:22 am

Hey Pete...

"I ran into an anorak, checkin' out an amtrack. The coke-bottle glasses type, still lives at home at 35. Look out freak, you slide-rule geek..."

How did you know we were talking about Dr John Carpenter and some of the other patronising muppets on here? LOL

the squirrel

Thu Jun 19, 2003 1:53 am

squirrel -

Your avatar is a reverse-image. Feel free to copy mine!

Nighthawk wrote:I am totally amazed by the 'Elvis Know It All's [ sic ]' who fequent [ sic ] the Elvis world in cyber space [ sic ] and attend every fan club convention.

Avoid cyberspace and fan club conventions and your problem will be solved!

Always happy to help the helpless!

God bless!!

Thu Jun 19, 2003 2:03 am

Johnny Boy

You liked my pic so much you nicked it huh?? LOL

No problem i have a new one anyway!!! feel free to copy it.

the squirrel :wink:

Thu Jun 19, 2003 2:13 am

squirrel. you have lovely taste! mah boy, mah boy!!!

Thu Jun 19, 2003 2:17 am

I think it was the "freak "in one of the prevous posts .. that made up my mind that we were on the right track of the doc.. welcome to the real world Darlin`...lol

Thu Jun 19, 2003 2:25 am

the squirrel wrote:Johnny Boy

You liked my pic so much you nicked it huh?? LOL

No problem i have a new one anyway!!! feel free to copy it.

Not really. Just trying to help.

Hey! I found a better one -- feel free to copy it, Greeny.

God bless the helpless!

Thu Jun 19, 2003 2:30 am

LMFAO@dr carpenter

PS Johnny....i want $20.000 by midday tomorrow or you're pic is gettin' it!!! LOL
Last edited by the squirrel on Thu Jun 19, 2003 2:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Jun 19, 2003 2:41 am

say Dr John, you're cuter than I imagined

Thu Jun 19, 2003 2:49 am

Nah sorry Trouble.. there will only ever be one Squirrel on chat.. ours.. the Doc can say what he wants.. but hes too chicken to come on and take it like a man.. the balls or lack of them are in your court Doc.. come try us out..lol

Thu Jun 19, 2003 2:56 am

I assure you, Elvis would not give 95% of you bunch the time of day. And that is a FACT! What this board represents and the people's attitudes that make it up go totally against what Elvis was all about. Trust me, I know!

Thu Jun 19, 2003 3:01 am

Kylan, you mean 5% of us had a chance of impressing Elvis? I am delighted you think so.

Thu Jun 19, 2003 3:06 am

Hey Kylan.. since when were you elected the spokesman on who was who.. you were welcomed into chat and treated with respect.. much against our better judgement...it just goes to show how wrong we can be..
Doc.. I got the b :P ats.. have you not got the balls?

Thu Jun 19, 2003 3:11 am

The responses to my opinion confirm easily who the 95% are... keep em coming!

Thu Jun 19, 2003 3:14 am

hey Kylan this is as good as its going to get baby.. we know you remember.DUH!!!...lol

Thu Jun 19, 2003 3:16 am

look this is silly, Kylan, do I make the 5% cut or what? :wink:

Thu Jun 19, 2003 3:18 am

Trouble.. tell you what lets make it easy for Kylan.. you have half I will have the other half. of the 5%..o.k. .Lmao

Thu Jun 19, 2003 3:22 am

Trouble wrote:say Dr John, you're cuter than I imagined

You got that right.

Thu Jun 19, 2003 3:24 am

Hey sq.. the pic the doc is using is a real good likeness of you darlin`..lol what you complaining about .. I would not kick you out of Troubles bed..lol