Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

"Sweet CArolina" Import CD

Wed Jun 18, 2003 4:54 pm

Guys,

I'm listening to the Import CD "Sweet Carolina" and I'm wondering what you guys think about the chances of this CD being officially released through BMG? The sound quality is equal to the other live CD's that we officially have of Elvis's.

Whaddya think, fellas?

Take Care,
Tony

Re: "Sweet CArolina" Import CD

Wed Jun 18, 2003 5:07 pm

tonytrout wrote:Guys,

I'm listening to the Import CD "Sweet Carolina" and I'm wondering what you guys think about the chances of this CD being officially released through BMG? The sound quality is equal to the other live CD's that we officially have of Elvis's.

Whaddya think, fellas?

Take Care,
Tony

I don't know about this CD being officially released by BMG as it is a
soundboard recording of poor quality (at best) and BMG has the original multi-track master recording.
I believe the stereo recording will be released by BMG, the only question is when?

PS. This concert contains the ultimate performance of "Bridge" ever recorded by anyone, anywhere!!!

I Am Going To Throw My Two Cents In Here....................

Wed Jun 18, 2003 6:57 pm

Sweet Carolina is NOT a poor sounding cd what so ever! This is the best sounding cd of the 4 performances released by Vicky records and next to the awful sounding San Antonio show it's complete. So where people get off saying that it's sound is poor must be listening to the wrong cd! Will it ever be released by BMG? Who know's it's possible. This show from Greensboro is Elvis at his best and the version of "Bridge Over Trouble Waters" is the best version I have ever heard him sing. It's an excellent cd for the die hard Elvis fan who love's the On Tour performances. :evil:

Wed Jun 18, 2003 8:25 pm

Elvis#1,

I agree with you that "Sweet Carolina" is not a poor sounding CD at all! The guy who posted the previous reply must have been listening to a different CD, because this particular CD sounds fantastic, IMO. :D

Take Care,
Tony

Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:20 pm

Pardon the "poor quality" reference.
I was speaking in terms of comparing it to the BMG multi-track recording.

Wed Jun 18, 2003 11:01 pm

elvis-fan wrote:Pardon the "poor quality" reference.
I was speaking in terms of comparing it to the BMG multi-track recording.

Actually your point about the sound is valid. The sound on the “Sweet Carolina” CD is better than “Welcome In San Antone”, and is indeed quite acceptable for a soundboard boot, but it’s also far from perfect, with Elvis’ voice sounding a little too low in the mix on some of the songs. The show itself would make a good official release at some point, but it stands to reason that if BMG do issue this show, they will use their own multi-track recording rather than the soundboard tape that was used for the Vicky CD release.

Wed Jun 18, 2003 11:11 pm

Guys,

In regards to "Welcome In San Antone", what do you speculate the sound quality of this particular show will be like on the forthcoming box set?

Take Care,
Tony

San Antonio 72.

Wed Jun 18, 2003 11:15 pm

Tony, I expect the sound will be a heck of alot better then the vicky release thats for sure!!!!!

Steve

Wed Jun 18, 2003 11:16 pm

tonytrout wrote:Guys,

In regards to "Welcome In San Antone", what do you speculate the sound quality of this particular show will be like on the forthcoming box set?

Take Care,
Tony

Much better than what was issued on the boot CD. Again this was one of four shows recorded by RCA on multi-track equipment back in April 1972, and the bootleg releases of these four shows are not representative of what is held in the RCA vaults. I would expect the sound quality to be comparable to “An Afternoon In The Garden”.