A Word Of Caution About TTWII Outtakes

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Rock King

Post by Rock King »

Hey Rob,

Have you ever seen anything from Mobile AL 1973? I thought I had seen someone offer this a long time ago, but I may have been mistaken.

Topic author
Rob

Post by Rob »

I've seen some footage from the show but it wasn't that good (quality.)

He wore the Aloha suit and it was the standard 1973 setlist.

merry77

Post by merry77 »

hmm I've seen a bit of footage now at a friends place and holy smoke, if I only had good quality footage I am sure I could make a great opening night show using the FTD.
With the angles (silent) presented it should be no problem in working this into a great version and put that on dvd.

There are truly some gems in this footage.

Joined this board exactly 30 years after Elvis show in Phoenix, Arizona to celebrate this wonderful fact.

Rock King

Post by Rock King »

[quote="Rob"]I've seen some footage from the show but it wasn't that good (quality.)

He wore the Aloha suit and it was the standard 1973 setlist.[/quote]

I ask because I was at that show.

samses

Post by samses »

The outtakes floating around can't be complete - so watch out. The version I have seen contains less material than what was filmed (according to previous sources) and a lot of it comes again and again on hte different DVDs. Considering that several cameras vere used and the number of concerts filmed - there should still be much more in the vaults. But it is fantastic to watch the footage available!

YDKM

Post by YDKM »

i feel assured that as long as QUALITY footage(with counter) is being worked on that 1 dvd WITH sound and different camera angles IS a worthwhile goal and certainly possible (given large computer capacities these days!) :lol: certainly the sheer VOLUME of 70/72 footage ihave seen in the last 4 days needs to be reduced from QUANTITY to QUALITY!¬ :x

Bruce Jackson Born June 3rd 1949- Died January 29th 2011 Elvis's Sound Engineer from 1971-1977.
You Don't Know Me!

dl

Re: A Word Of Caution About TTWII Outtakes

Post by dl »

[quote="Rob"]I know that everyone is eager to see these. However, let me just give you a little warning [b]if you are thinking about spending a lot of money on them. [/b]I don't have to do this, but hey, I'm a nice guy.

Some people are offering 11 DVD's of this stuff. Don't go there. What you are getting is much of the [b]same footage over and over [/b]except for different camera angles. Much of this footage is also silent. I have been collecting Elvis concert footage for years and am now to the point that silent footage (unless it is a very rare show and in excellent quality) does nothing for me. Been there, done that.

The best footage with sound of the TTWII outtakes can be put on [u][b]one[/b][/u] DVD. [b]Stranger In The Crowd, Words, I Just Can't Help Believin', Make The World Go Away[/b], etc.

Don't buy 11 DVD's of this footage because you won't be watching it very often. That is unless you like the same silent footage shown from the back of the stage, the side of the stage, etc. Again, you can put ALL of the good footage together ([i]like a good friend of mine did[/i]) and combine it to one DVD.

I'm just trying to save you from keeping your electricity shut off this winter after you spend all of your money for 11 DVD's that you probably won't watch, except for maybe a couple of hours.

That's my advice. Take it or leave it.[/quote]

I have bought a single dvd with highlights of the ttwii outtakes. There are clips from every filmed rehearsal and every filmed concert and there are some backstage scenes, too. It's all with sound and the quality is quite good. If you're not one of the Igottahaveitall collectors this compilation of two hours and fourty minutes will do just fine.

Topic author
Rob

Post by Rob »

dl -
You might want to brush up a little on your quoting techniques.

However, I do thank you for the confirmation of my warning to people wanting to pay a high dollar amount for 11 DVD's of this footage.