Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

the making of on tour

Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:49 pm

i recieved this dvd today very nice footage its just a shame that we dont get all of this stuff remastered and redone by turner.

jess

Re: problems

Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:11 pm

tsb1 wrote:I heard it is poor quality lot of green screens and sound out by up to 10 seconds in part?

hope to get mine today to compare with other versions

I have heard the same thing......

Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:55 pm

You heard right !

Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:45 pm

ColinB wrote:You heard right !

Well that just depends. There are some bad copies around, but there are also some very good. The one I have seen is very good quality of the rehearsals.

Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:56 am

The one I have received is of very good quality!

Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:47 am

samses wrote:

Well that just depends. There are some bad copies around, but there are also some very good. The one I have seen is very good quality of the rehearsals.

there are many versions with the "the making of on tour" in the title on cover?I thought we were talking about The UK Fan Club's 'Making Of On Tour' edition here.....

Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:57 pm

KingElvis wrote:
samses wrote:

there are many versions with the "the making of on tour" in the title on cover?I thought we were talking about The UK Fan Club's 'Making Of On Tour' edition here.....

I don't know what is in the UK fan club edition, but as far as I have read on the net - it is the same thing that has been around for some time now. It will be interesting to know the quality of the UK fan club edition AND it will be very interesting to see if they will release it and the position from Turner and BMG to such a release.

Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:22 am

CD King wrote:The one I have received is of very good quality!

I definitely can't complain about mine. Even if I did have a bad quality copy, I'd not complain too loudly. We've been wanting to see this stuff for years. I'm glad to have it.

On another note about some different footage.....It is so good to finally see songs like Stranger In The Crowd and others from August 1970 in great quality.

Should definitely have made it into the original release instead of the two "fugly" lesbians with the cat.

Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:50 am

Rob you have something against cat lovers? I love cats. I love pussy cats. I love it when they purr. I have nothing agianst the pussy cat lovers.

Maybe your right, if they had cut those pussy cat people out of the film, they would have had to fill it with something like Elvis singing, or eating lunch. My question is where is the cat people out-takes?

Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:38 am

i'd prefer elvis eating lunch to fan footage. honestly. i'd prefer elvis picking his nose (indeed that we already have this) on camera to fan footage.

i mean, fan footage works as a quirky look at weird people, that came from god knows where, in frequently scary 70s fashion (flapper girl with the prematurely gray hair--i'm talking to you!).

better yet, lose the fan footage entirely, and put ALL the songs in the video. the only fans i care to see on camera are the ones getting kissed. all the audience shots take away from elvis' expressions and stage presence as well. who knows what we've missed in all the shots of even his back turned and bandmembers, where they don't give us the other camera's footage of the same moment. i'd like all the angles.

as far as fan footage...release that separately as "a look at wacky elvis fans--or a guide to fashion gone horribly wrong in the 70s"

Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:16 am

It will be interesting to know the quality of the UK fan club edition

Essentially it is compiled from the poorer NTSC copies of this footage.
Yes the sound is incorrect and out of sync in places and there's some pixelation (square blocking) that is not apparent on some of the other versions of this footage I've seen.
They have tried to include a bit of everything so there's a short run of the silent black and white interview footage BUT with Vernon talking about Elvis overdubbed on top.

On the back it says Promo DVD Not for sale and it's credited as being manufactured in the EC within the Czech Republic.

This is the new offer: