Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Best deal on Close Up Boxset in the US?

Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:53 am

Hopefully this will start a thread of the best places to pre-order or just plain buy the new box set. Hopefully where they'll throw in the promo sampler? Anyone?

The best I've heard so far is through collector-records.com where they'll throw in a sampler cd, but I don't think it's an official BMG, is it?

Wed Jun 18, 2003 4:01 am

Barnes and Noble has it the cheapest I've seen -- less than $60. Nobody seems to be offering a few BMG promo this year like Tower Records did last year.

Mystery Train

Wed Jun 18, 2003 6:43 am

CD Universe has it at $55 but shipping is a Dickens.

This kind of rankles me a bit. Last year's set was about $50 in some outlets. What's the reason for the up in price? It's a down economy and it's like they're dishing out royalties.

Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:14 am

Just got this in my email
FYI

Pre-order your copy of ELVIS: Close Up
This Thursday on QVC.
Tune in to QVC on Thursday, June 19, 2003 at 11pm EST for the EXCLUSIVE world premiere of ELVIS: CLOSE UP. This brand new 4 CD, deluxe box set has 89 tracks of 100% previously unreleased material and won't be in stores until July 1st.

nothing about price though

BMG Music Club!

Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:15 am

Last year's TT&F set was available through BMG Music Club for a generous $22.79 + S/H. For anybody that can wait a few weeks, it's certainly worth it...
-wolf

Wed Jun 18, 2003 8:46 pm

Here are the deals, as of June 18, 2003, on "Close Up" from on-line sources in the U.S.A.:

Barnes & Noble $59.99
Amazon.Com $62.99
Walmart $64.88
Best Buy $64.99
Tower $66.99
Circuit City $69.98

None are offering a PROMO this year like Tower did last year. Last year, some of the Sunday newspapers offered "deals" on the Sunday before the release of TT&F -- that would be June 29th this year. As I recall, Target (which uses Amazon's on-line service) advertised in the Sunday newspaper that TT&F would be available on release day in the lower 50 dollar range. True, you can wait a few weeks and get a huge discount from the BMG club, but I can't wait that long!

Mystery Train

P.S. QVC will be premiering "Close Up" at 11 p.m. EDT on Thursday and it'll be available for pre-order -- QVC's price is usually suggested retail so I doubt you can get a deal there. Now if QVC would ship it early and we'd have it next week, I could go for that. QVC did that with the film canister a few years ago.