Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Morrissey
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Best deal on Close Up Boxset in the US?

Post by Morrissey »

Hopefully this will start a thread of the best places to pre-order or just plain buy the new box set. Hopefully where they'll throw in the promo sampler? Anyone?

The best I've heard so far is through collector-records.com where they'll throw in a sampler cd, but I don't think it's an official BMG, is it?

MysteryTrain

Post by MysteryTrain »

Barnes and Noble has it the cheapest I've seen -- less than $60. Nobody seems to be offering a few BMG promo this year like Tower Records did last year.

Mystery Train

likethebike

Post by likethebike »

CD Universe has it at $55 but shipping is a Dickens.

This kind of rankles me a bit. Last year's set was about $50 in some outlets. What's the reason for the up in price? It's a down economy and it's like they're dishing out royalties.

JonRomanovich

Post by JonRomanovich »

Just got this in my email
FYI

Pre-order your copy of ELVIS: Close Up
This Thursday on QVC.
Tune in to QVC on Thursday, June 19, 2003 at 11pm EST for the EXCLUSIVE world premiere of ELVIS: CLOSE UP. This brand new 4 CD, deluxe box set has 89 tracks of 100% previously unreleased material and won't be in stores until July 1st.

nothing about price though

iF iT'S tOO lOUD, yOU ARE tOO oLD

I'm on facebook!! Jon Romanovich

thenexte

BMG Music Club!

Post by thenexte »

Last year's TT&F set was available through BMG Music Club for a generous $22.79 + S/H. For anybody that can wait a few weeks, it's certainly worth it...
-wolf

MysteryTrain

Post by MysteryTrain »

Here are the deals, as of June 18, 2003, on "Close Up" from on-line sources in the U.S.A.:

Barnes & Noble $59.99
Amazon.Com $62.99
Walmart $64.88
Best Buy $64.99
Tower $66.99
Circuit City $69.98

None are offering a PROMO this year like Tower did last year. Last year, some of the Sunday newspapers offered "deals" on the Sunday before the release of TT&F -- that would be June 29th this year. As I recall, Target (which uses Amazon's on-line service) advertised in the Sunday newspaper that TT&F would be available on release day in the lower 50 dollar range. True, you can wait a few weeks and get a huge discount from the BMG club, but I can't wait that long!

Mystery Train

P.S. QVC will be premiering "Close Up" at 11 p.m. EDT on Thursday and it'll be available for pre-order -- QVC's price is usually suggested retail so I doubt you can get a deal there. Now if QVC would ship it early and we'd have it next week, I could go for that. QVC did that with the film canister a few years ago.