Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

LIVE ALBUMS OVERDUBS

Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:40 pm

LIVE ALBUMS OVERDUBS
Anyone knows to what extent the officially released lps/cds were overdubbed (In Concert and On Stage have already been discussed at lenght on the old MB) but what about Aloha or MSG??

Thanks
Regards

Dan

Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:58 pm

To my knowledge the MSG and Aloha concerts were simply recorded, mixed, and released without any additional overdubs. I’ve never read about an overdub sessions for any of these shows.

over dubbs

Wed Jun 18, 2003 5:07 am

in the case of the msg 1972 release, there was no time for any over-dubbs.
rca wanted the album on the street in record time.
they did not even use a photo from the concert.
the front cover was printed in advance using a shot from the
jacksonville, fla. concert.

Wed Jun 18, 2003 3:22 pm

And if I remember correctly, was the cover from a concept they were toying with called "Standing Room Only" which was the working title for "Elvis On Tour"

The album would have been made up of cuts from Vegas '72 and Studio cuts which would have been the "soundtrack" release for EOT had MSG not been deemed more important.

Sometime I remember stuff!

Wed Jun 18, 2003 3:33 pm

At an interview with Glen D. and Jerry Scheff in Mablethorpe, UK. Glen D. commented that the Madison Square show had been speeded up, if you listen to it, it sounds as if it possibly has.

I realise this tread is about overdubs, but just thought you might be interested.

LIVE ALBUMS OVERDUBS

Thu Jun 19, 2003 9:44 pm

Joe Lightcloud

Thanks all the same , I always wondered how they managed to fit in so many songs on one Lp!!

Regards
Dan