Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Now Daniel is hoping for a Coronation Street cameo

Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:07 pm

Donegal crooner Daniel O'Donnell has revealed he wants to emulate Status Quo by winning a part on Coronation Street.

The singer has included the golden oldie Elvis Presley hit, Good Luck Charm, on his new album Teenage Dreams, which is released today, for a very special reason.

Danny Boy (44) doesn't usually depend on Lady Luck, but he's hoping the song will act as a four-leaf clover to help him fulfil one of his last remaining ambitions.

Daniel is making no secret of the fact that he wants a cameo role in his favourite soap.

He confides his dream to his audiences everywhere he plays these days - and will be talking about it once again at the Odyssey.

"If Status Quo can do it why not me?" he asked, in a reference to the fact that the band is featuring in a Street storyline in which Les Battersby is about to sue them for assault.

"I'd love to appear on Coronation Street," said O'Donnell.

"I try not to miss an episode and if I am away I get it videoed.

"Of course I love that old Elvis Good Luck Charm ballad which mentions rabbit's feet, four leaf clovers and all kinds of good luck charms. Perhaps it will bring me a wee bit of luck.

"I daydream that the Street producer will call me up and ask me to appear. I'd love to mingle with the cast in an episode shot in the Rovers."

Teenage Dreams is set to chart for O'Donnell, who also includes tracks of Only 16, Walk on By and Little Arrows on the album.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/ ... ory=663042

Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:28 pm

"Of course I love that old Elvis Good Luck Charm ballad which mentions rabbit's feet, four leaf clovers and all kinds of good luck charms. Perhaps it will bring me a wee bit of luck.

“They’re always after ‘me Lucky Charms!”