More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Candids!

Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:22 am

Here are some more candid jpegs -
Courtesy of . . .
Anyone with dates/ place!?

Candids

Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:53 am

Nice one on top, mr Funky! Who cut his hair back then? Elvis aka Flathair...Gimme the combed back look anyday! Date? 1976 ? Id seen the others before. But always a pleasure to view photos, thanks!

Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:13 am

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff, the March '76 tour, perhaps!? (the top one!)

Candids

Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:30 am

Oops! All of a sudden Im sucked into dating 70s photos?! I couldnt tellyou. Most of the time the sideburns give away the year for me. But specific dates in the 70s I leave to those who do know... Bye!

Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:22 am

I reckon the pic at the top is late 1970 / early 1971. He looks like he's wearing that medal with the light blue silk necklace that he was often seen wearing through 1971.

The 2nd, black and white pic, along with the one below it, both looks like Late 72 / Early 73, as he's wearing the coral(?) necklace that he wore several times in 1972, notably for the Aloha press conference.

The one in the car, could be 74 ish?

Finally, the last one I think is back to 72.

Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:20 pm

At first glance the top photo looks like it was taken aboard the Lisa Marie.

Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:48 pm

The photo in the car appears to my eyes to be taken sometime during the June 1972 tour.... if memory serves, that is one of the two-piece outfits he wore during the end of that run of shows.

Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:24 pm

Dating Elvis photos can sometimes be a challenge, cause he changed the way he looked a lot, plus angles etc can make a difference as well.
My guess would be that the top one dates from either late 70/early 71, but I also get a march 74 feeling, and I enjoy listening to my tummy, so I' d go for 1974 (did I win a price?)
Next one I' d place somewhere in late august of 72, the next one (in the car) is either in june or july of 1975. If it' s Sheila sitting next to him it would be june.
Bottom one I'm almost certain was taken in Denver in late 1970.

Just my two cents,

Eivind

Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:54 pm

Again, thanks for the pictures! Talking about photos in general, there are some photos where certain angles can make somebody's face appear puffier, for example I was hired for a job several months ago and had my picture taken for my job. I weigh the exact same now as I did then but my face appears heavier on my badge then in recent photos. Is there somebody who's into photography who can verify whether this can or cannot occur? Could this explain why in some pictures in the seventies EP's face appears puffier then others even though they could be taken the same day, or next day for that matter?

Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:00 am

That 2nd last shot looks very similar to others from June 3 1975 (note Sheila Ryan in the background) as seen in the book BTI II.
The last one may well be from April 15 1972. Again its very similar to those found in Sessions II book by Tunzi.