Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Coming Soon....A Legendary Performer Volume 7

Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:26 am

http://www.elvisnews.com/Presentation/Functional/Page/news.aspx?command=show&item=6989

Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:54 am

Great cover shot.

These releases have been great IMO. They have continued the original RCA concept which evolved from Vol 1 where there were just a few "rarities" to Vol 4 where it was jam packed with great unreleased material. Both the original RCA releases and the new Madisons have great photo booklets, and all span Elvis career, rather than focussing on just one era.

The new import releases have packed a real lot of material onto each disc, which is to their credit (remember the bad old days when you felt lucky if a new album had 12 tracks on it :wink: ).

Not all the tracks are previously unreleased (that would be an unrealistic expectation), and maybe not every song is a classic, but where previously released material is included it is either in improved sound, or a rarity which is not readily available on CD.

Great job Madison, keep 'em coming!!

Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:57 am

Great job Madison!!! Keep coming until volume 15 if possible.
And BMG learn with these guys!! :wink:

Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:23 pm

Hey !

I haven't tracked down Vol.6 yet !

coming soon

Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:34 pm

COLIN, theres always the chance you win a copy of 6 on another thread...

Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:16 pm

So far, vol.7 in my opinion seems to be the best.

Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:43 pm

hmm, it seems that most of the unreleased stuff has been released on some other bootleg labels.
So for them to label many tracks as unreleased is a bit optimistic.
Okay if they mean unreleased by RCA. okay yes that's true.

I doubt if there are a lot of things I don't already have on other labels.
As the previous releases I am not spending my money on this one.

But for people who don't have the material: it is a good price for getting a lot of outtakes. Much better ratio then RCA gives us fans. So for that department: go Madison.

Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:27 pm

It´s a great cover and a great tracklisting!!! I´m looking forward to it!

Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:26 pm

This looks like a very nice CD release!
Well done!

Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:48 pm

Yes, they're all looking good.

I was probably not the first to say (as I did here last year) that the LEGENDARY concept
should be picked up again by either RCA or an enterprising bootlegger.
It's a perfect way to showcase odds and ends!

Glad to see these releases coming !

Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:50 am

These cds from Madison looks quite stunning both in content and packaging.

But I'm a little bit concerned that they will somehow kill the interest by releasing too many cds in this series.
To put it this way: I hope they don't plan to keep it going until A Legendary Performer 29...? :wink:

Don't get me wrong; I don't mind them releasing this stuff at all, it's nice to get these gems in improved sound quality (and many fans haven't heard some of this before at all), but if we take a close look at the tracklisting for the upcoming Volume 7, I think it's safe to say that Volume 8 (if planned for release in the future) probably will have a soon to run dry feeling about it..?

Hope I'm wrong...

Br
Kristian

Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:54 pm

Kristian, by definition, we are getting closer and closer to having "run dry,"
sad to say.

"Legendary Performer Vol. 29" may just be the perfect vehicle for
such odds and ends. :shock: :D

Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:56 pm

Now that's a sharp cover!

Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:01 pm

There's something about that old "Legendary Performer" white part of the cover...! Just throw
in a cool shot into the circle, change the number, and you have another volume! Now that's a deceptively cool design!

I like this series because it's a known framework of issuing rarities,
and oddities.

Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:41 pm

It's a very good Cd.

I've been lucky enough to hear an advance copy and the soundboard tracks sound much better than on previous outings. While there might be a little more hiss, the clearer, more atmospheric sound adequately compensates, particularly on Until It's Time For You To Go.

Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:52 pm

My thanks to everyone who offered to help with Vol.6, I have been sorted out now !