Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

candid central's today update

Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:29 am

apart from being a very touching picture....have you noticed how DIFFERENT looks elvis face compared to the elvis on tour footage? his face looks unswollen and like 1970....

Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:17 am

It's a beautiful picture and the boy is just beaming, thanks for the post.

Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:18 am

It's a girl. Her name was Denise Sanchez. Elvis dedicated You Gave Me a Mountain to her at the show.

Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:38 am

Elvis was definitely her hero. Very touching.

Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:06 am

Me wrote:It's a girl. Her name was Denise Sanchez. Elvis dedicated You Gave Me a Mountain to her at the show.


I'm sorry, my mistake.

Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:43 am

Jordan,

Not sure I agree with you on that one. The back cover of Spring Tours, for example, shows a pic of Elvis with no make up at all not looking too clever.

I think, with Elvis drug use accelerating around this time, his appearance could change dramatically daily.

There are some great pics, and some shockers taken within days of each other. Diliaudid, for example, causes "moon face", or swelling, and perhaps this is the cause of Elvis looking so different in the Hampton Roads footage, to the rest of the filmed shows.

Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:53 am

Elvis often looked much, much better off-stage than on stage / on screen. Just look at the pictures from his Hawaii vacation in 1977. He looks incredibly cool! :shock: In fact, he looks great in most candids from 1976 / 1977. I, too, think the differences in EP's appearance had more to do with drugs than make-up but, of course, make-up - as well as his clothes and his hair - affected things as well.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:08 pm

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:Elvis often looked much, much better off-stage than on stage.


In later years, certain jumpsuits were quite unflattering on Elvis.

Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:19 pm

DarrylMac wrote:Jordan,

Not sure I agree with you on that one. The back cover of Spring Tours, for example, shows a pic of Elvis with no make up at all not looking too clever.

I think, with Elvis drug use accelerating around this time, his appearance could change dramatically daily.

There are some great pics, and some shockers taken within days of each other. Diliaudid, for example, causes "moon face", or swelling, and perhaps this is the cause of Elvis looking so different in the Hampton Roads footage, to the rest of the filmed shows.


I don ´t think Elvis used Diliaudid in 1972. He started using it in -75 or -76. He did use other drugs in -72 that could change his appearance from one day to another.