Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

LA FORUM, NOVEMBER 14th 1970

Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:21 pm

I've just noticed that some books and websites list Elvis as having worn the infamous 'long fringe suit' at the evening show and the 'plain white jumpsuit' at the afternoon show. This is a well known gig among fans and the 'long fringe suit' is a pretty famous outfit (cover of the 'You'll Never Walk Alone' Camden LP). But looking on other websites like 'Elvis Presley In Concert' and in Tunzi's 'For The First Time Anywhere' book, they have it the other way around - that he wore the fringe suit in the afternoon and the plain suit in the evening.

Anyone know for sure which way round it was?

Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:28 pm

The "Fringe Suit" was worn during the evening performance.

Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:45 pm

Errr...source..??

Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:59 pm

What does "Errr" mean?

Anyway, I have a 3rd cousin, who has a sister-in-law, who's great uncle has this friend, who has a stepdad, who has a neighbor that was there. He told me that Elvis wore the "Fringe Suit" at the evening performance.

I believe him.

Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:27 pm

Thinking about that can give you a headache! :lol:

Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:12 am

we use "My grandpa told me in a bar once....", so I believe ya cuz my grandpa told me he saw Elvis in that outfit that day..

Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:17 am

I was hoping for a sensible reply - guess everyone must be juiced up tonight. Cheers.

Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:51 am

The "Fringe Suit" was worn during the evening performance.

Rob is correct on this one. Do you own the import CD "Forum Of Inglewood"? It includes the evening show from November 14th, 1970 and if you listen carefully you can see something was different at the end of the show.

Elvis started to sing "Can't help..." when he interrupted himself, because of being tangled up in the fringes of his suit. So after Charlie helped him out he started to sing a few lines from "Polk Salad Annie" and from that song he went into "Can't help... " once again. So I think that must be a real good reason to believe that Elvis wore his famous "fringe suit" during the evening performance.

You can also watch some great 8 mm-footage on a DVD that I can't mention here for guideline reasons. On the footage from the afternoon show you can see Elvis wearing the "I Got Lucky"-suit (or whatever the name is) and on the footage from the evening show you can see him wearing the "fringe suit". Knowing that they're doing a good research on the facts I believe - in this case :wink: - what they say.

Jörn

PS: Therefor it is quite unbelievable that the bootleggers used the wrong pictures for their cover.

Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:16 am

Joern, THANKYOUVERYMUCH !!!!

Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:52 pm

Joern wrote:Rob is correct on this one.

And just what do you mean by on this one? :wink:

Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:10 pm

As I didn't read every post you write ... so nothing intended. :D

Regards, Joern

Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:14 pm

Elvis didn't wear the "Fringe Suit" during the evening performance but the "Wing Suit" which had longer fringes that the "Fringe Suit". I know it sound confusing but to point out the differences: The "Fringe Suit" is the one he also used in combination with the green macramé belt. The "Wing Suit" has no belt. Although it was said he never used the suit again he also wore it during the January/February 1971 engagement in Las Vegas.

Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:18 pm

Even though it was mis-named, everyone knew the suit you are referring to. The "Fringe Suit" was worn in Las Vegas in August 1970.

LA FORUM

Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:53 pm

Thanks Tits, for starting yet another topic on jumpsuits and matching belts! Whats your favourite one, if I may ask? Mine is the Piggy Pink one with the piggy snout motive belt!... Tallhair, you is full of ***** I know...I is a bad mutha, and I love it! Keep m coming, Tits!

Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:18 pm

Hey Ger, this is off topic but did you ever meet Elvis? If so, when and where and what were your impressions?, thanks in advance.

Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:29 pm

Rob -

You wrote:
What does "Errr" mean?

Err...... been wondering that myself !

Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:32 pm

Joe Car wrote:Hey Ger, this is off topic but did you ever meet Elvis? If so, when and where and what were your impressions?, thanks in advance.

Didn't you know that Ger was the one who picked out Elvis' jumpsuits before each show from 1972 on?

Elvis wanted to wear something other than the "Bicentennial Suit" in the summer of 1976, but Ger wouldn't hear of it.
Last edited by Rob on Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:32 pm

ColinB wrote:Rob -

You wrote:
What does "Errr" mean?

Perhaps that's Ger's brother?

LA FORUM

Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:56 pm

Almost, Joe, almost!... I made it to the door of his room in the Baptist Memorial in Memphis, back in 1975, after he had canceled Vegas... Only two giant black policemen, with giant guns stopped me from opening the door and shake hands with the man! No, thats not all true. But I did make it to the door of his hospital room back then but instead of meeting my hero, I got to shake CHARLIE HODGE his hand. He was in the same room with Elvis. Bummer! Will do the whole story in the future on this mb...

Re: LA FORUM

Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:18 pm

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:Thanks Tits, for starting yet another topic on jumpsuits and matching belts! Whats your favourite one, if I may ask? Mine is the Piggy Pink one with the piggy snout motive belt!... Tallhair, you is full of ***** I know...I is a bad mutha, and I love it! Keep m coming, Tits!

Dear Tallhair,
Wow! Great to hear from you. You are a legend! My favourite jumpsuit? I thought they were all naff and shitty. I much prefer a gold lame suit myself (but I feel stupid when I do the shopping in it...) Perhaps the question should be: what was the worst jumpsuit? There are so many to choose from: the b&w penguin thing, the 'dartboard' suit (sundial?), the daft blue and white thing with the puffy sleeves. If anyone else wore them they'd look like a total twat, but when El wore them he looked like...well...er...just a bit of a twat.
But the worst of them all has to be that Gypsy thing with the woman's choker around the neck. Can you imagine him standing in front of a mirror wearing that and thinking, "Hey! I look cool"? With a whole cabinet of Dr. Nick's goodies inside of him he probably DID think he looked cool! Wonder what would have happened if one of the guys had said to him, "Hey, boss, you look stupid". Because he did - regardless of what all the jumpsuit junkies think.

Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:31 pm

ColinB wrote:Rob -

You wrote:
What does "Errr" mean?

me..too...a typo ..forget it.....LOL..