Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Lake Tahoe '76

Tue Jun 17, 2003 4:31 pm

I was reading through the tracklistings for the Tahoe '76 shows, and it appears elvis performed many rarities that season, particularly The Wonder of You and Its Midnight. Does a recording of these songs or any other rarities from that engagement exist? It would be great to hear these songs performed this late in his career.
-Kevin

Tue Jun 17, 2003 4:49 pm

Hi Kevin,
all of these May 76 Tahoe showsdo exist on audience tape (I do not know if ever a soundboard was recorded of that certain engagement). Indeed there are a lot of "rarities". I could upload 'special wishes' for you one by one within the next few days, but I guess we should handle that by email, cause it is no longer allowed to post those links at the mb.
Taniolo

Re: Lake Tahoe '76

Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:17 am

kmlelvis wrote:I was reading through the tracklistings for the Tahoe '76 shows, and it appears elvis performed many rarities that season, particularly The Wonder of You and Its Midnight. Does a recording of these songs or any other rarities from that engagement exist? It would be great to hear these songs performed this late in his career.
-Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Yes all of these shows were recorded by someone in the audience.
A couple of shows (April 30th, May 1st, May 6th) we┬┤re recorded by the same person. A woman in the US. Via a good friend I managed to get 3rd generation copies of her mastertapes.

In this season Elvis really sang quite a few rare songs and one liners:
Wooden heart, Young and beautiful, For the heart (one liner), Mickey mouse march (excerpt) and many more.

Email or pm me for more info.

Regards
Merijn