Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

STEVE_ M PLEASE COME HOME TO THE MB!!

Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:47 am

Not knowing better Steve was on a well deserved holiday only to find out 30 minutes ago, reading Forum Status for the first time, he has left this site in an angry mood recently! I just love the guy and thank him for stepping in to help me out quite a few times while arguing the nutters on this mb! It was all new to me when I first started posting here, some 6 months ago. Steve, and other colorful people like the doc, Family Jules, Delboy, Colin B, Gregory and several others make all the difference in this often far too serious little Elvis world! Just imagine having only the nutters on this mb going on and on posting mind poluting topics that bore the pants of you! STEEEVE COME BACK!!! YOURE NEEDED BADLY HERE! You stupid Englishman.

Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:52 am

I'll second this! come back Steve, you are needed here!! :(

STEVE_ M PLEASE COME HOME TO THE MB!!

Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:27 pm

Steve, only just read your story posted thru Jordan on page 2 from Forum Status. Must have been the shock reading about your departure on page 1 that I overlooked page 2! You feel you have nothing more to add to the mb... Do any of us have, I wonder? Without your comments, that popped up everywhere, its like going back from talkies to silent movies! Yes, stupido Englishman, you are one of the few originals here, and I love what youve done on the mb, all that time! I dont understand any of the technical pc stuff that you are admired for by others, I just like you as a person...Reconsider when you feel up to it.

Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:41 pm

Ger, are you in love with this guy????????? Dont overreact, come on!!

Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:43 pm

Leave Ger alone. We've ALL had crushes on someone.


Time heals all wounds.

Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:14 pm

Rob wrote:Leave Ger alone. We've ALL had crushes on someone.


Time heals all wounds.


Well said Rob....I mean we all know that deep down Maurice loves Tom with incredible passion. :wink:

STEVE_ M PLEASE COME HOME TO THE MB!!

Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:26 pm

3577, had I been blessed with Steve_ Ms wit , youd be blown away this very moment by my knife sharp answer! So consider yourself lucky I dont have his qualities...

Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:08 pm

This should impress me??????? Come up with something better. Next, please?

STEVE_ M PLEASE COME HOME TO THE MB!!

Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:41 pm

Why waste more time on a little nobody like you. If you wanna start trouble, go looking for it elsewhere! I aint in the mood kiddo.

Re: STEVE_ M PLEASE COME HOME TO THE MB!!

Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:23 pm

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:Not knowing better Steve was on a well deserved holiday only to find out 30 minutes ago, reading Forum Status for the first time, he has left this site in an angry mood recently! I just love the guy and thank him for stepping in to help me out quite a few times while arguing the nutters on this mb! It was all new to me when I first started posting here, some 6 months ago. Steve, and other colorful people like the doc, Family Jules, Delboy, Colin B, Gregory and several others make all the difference in this often far too serious little Elvis world! Just imagine having only the nutters on this mb going on and on posting mind poluting topics that bore the pants of you! STEEEVE COME BACK!!! YOURE NEEDED BADLY HERE! You stupid Englishman.


Come back Steve. Ger is 100% right.

U da man...

Rich

Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:12 pm

I don't know what your postings here should reflect. You have either not read or not understood Steve's statement.

...that I didn't leave because I wanted people to ask me back and that the reason I left was two fold, one to improve the board and
the other because I have nothing to contribute to it anymore ...

Funny I was the one who read the whole thing, after I seem to represent what you call a "little nutter" here.
However Steve, I can't image this board without you. I cannot accept this line that you have obviously written in great frustration. No functioning mind & brains in here is seeing something positive in your departure.

Here's to you!

Image

Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:48 pm

One of the reasons I joined this great MB was because of Steve's involvement here. I just caught a glimpse. Hope you come back soon.

Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:52 pm

I could not believe it when Steve_M bowed out from this messageboard, after all the work he had done for FECC on the changeover, but we all have our limits and I feel Steve had reached his..I`m happy to think that I will meet up with him in November, and by that time perhaps persuade him to come back, but everyone can only take so much s***, when you are giving people stuff they would never get, and you still get slated for stating an opinion, there are a lot of people on this board need to grow up, and stop thinking its all about them and their contribution to the Elvis world..... :shock: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:20 am

3577 wrote:This should impress me??????? Come up with something better. Next, please?



and your avatar should impress us?

Have you noticed what it is......... =>

Image

please change to smaller THINNER avatar
or pay up an alleged deadbeat picserver account.

lol

Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:26 am

I see the reason why Steve quit ... in a topic that is to get him back the members start arguing with each other ... (i don't mean you this time, GG) :-)

Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:30 am

seriously Steve, come back man, you're missed!

Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:13 am

Rusty Martin* wrote:I could not believe it when Steve_M bowed out from this messageboard, after all the work he had done for FECC on the changeover, but we all have our limits and I feel Steve had reached his..I`m happy to think that I will meet up with him in November, and by that time perhaps persuade him to come back, but everyone can only take so much s***, when you are giving people stuff they would never get, and you still get slated for stating an opinion, there are a lot of people on this board need to grow up, and stop thinking its all about them and their contribution to the Elvis world..... :shock: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Right on Rusty!!!!

If Steve don't come back neither will I, Yes I will, No I won't. We'll see! :wink:

(Yes I will) :oops:

8)

Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:22 am

Ger -

I already said my piece on another thread.

Yes, it would be great to have Steve back !

But he needs to develop a thicker skin.

The flak we regular posters have to endure doesn't let up !

Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:25 am

Ive always said anything posted on this board should be taken in one ear and out the other and not taken seriously. now if ur getting harassed privately, and threatened etc, thats another matter entirely.

Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:36 am

Kylan -

You wrote:
...now if ur getting harassed privately, and threatened etc, thats another matter entirely.


In my case, it's just on here, and usually in good humour or for comic effect !

Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:59 am

I left here a couple of years ago (not by choice I must add, I was kicked off for being part of another web site we cannot mention!), but I came to my senses and FECC and I made up. I've been here ever since, and wouldn't leave, it's such a great place here (without the arguing!)

Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:11 am

Keith F wrote:I left here a couple of years ago (not by choice I must add, I was kicked off for being part of another web site we cannot mention!), but I came to my senses and FECC and I made up. I've been here ever since, and wouldn't leave, it's such a great place here (without the arguing!)


This messageboard is indeed a great place to be!

But we all need to recharge our batteries from time to time, and some time off in-between the battles is just healthy, in my humble opinion.

Br
Kristian

Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:24 am

Steve feels he has nothing left to contribute? Sure, and Elvis is alive and living in the West Midlands. (He isn't, by the way, in case anyone takes it seriously.)

I reckon Steve still has more to contribute than most of us put together. Colin is right, he should come back, but with a thicker skin, able to take whatever muck is thrown really. Remember, muck thrown at Steve is the muck of the thrower, not his.

I was threatened once on this board by an individual who PM'ed me and told me he knew where I lived (like I keep it secret), that he could find me easily and that I would have, shall we say, a bad day at the office. I told him to **** off and, by all means, come and find me. I never heard from him again.

It always amazes me when I read people complaining on this board about the arguing. Believe me, and anyone who frequents alot of messageboards will know this, the level of arguments, personal insults and the like is nothing compared to other boards, and I really mean it is small fry. Posting on this board is a breeze compared to other places I have posted. Computer nerds seem to be particularly vicious, I've noticed.

Tough guys always seem to threaten people from the safety of their computer screens. They make me laugh. If they are so tough, what are they doing on the internet, posting on an Elvis messageboard? Hysterical. I can see it in court now - yes, I threatened his kids because I didn't like his edit of Elvis' 1977 TV Special.

Let's hope Steve does have a change of heart.

Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:28 am

Stephen Butler: Elvis is living here in São Paulo, Brazil if you don´t know yet :shock:

Yes, if Steve is reading that I really want to tell him to be back to the forum. He is a nice fella, knows a lot of Elvis and there it goes...

Hey Steve! comeback....it is not everday we see a topic being created for someone to be back. :wink:
Thanks for this topic Rijff!

Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:58 am

I agree that Steve has definitely done an infinite amount to contribute to this message board. He is sorely missed for his sense of humor and his astute comments! One of the things that I found profoundly disturbing was that someone pm'ed him threatening his kids and named their school. That is a hideous thing to do, no matter what!! Your children and family are the most important things in your life. I have even read some Elvis fans that thought E left the building (and went into hiding) because someone threatened Lisa. I hope whoever it was has gone and Steve does come back. As I said before, WE MISS STEVE.
sue

If he doesn't return, you could go to HIS website! Then you would have two places to air your thoughts about Elvis. Plus, you could see and hear a lot of Elvis performances.