Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis' death...

Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:57 pm

Hi!

I'm going to do an essay about Elvis at school.
My English teacher said that we had to chose a person who was dead, so I immediately started to think about Elvis. :)

And, I was wondering if you guys could help me, with tihs? :oops:
You all seem to know so much about him and how to find things.
So all I would need is facts concering his death, things that happened after that, why he died, and so on...

You know what I mean! :wink:

I would be very greatful for all the help I can get...

Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:02 pm

Are you required to do the paper about his death? It could be more enjoyable to write about his career highs. Just a thought.

Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:07 pm

I recommend reading both of these books:

ImageImage

They will give you all the info you need and are great reads anyway.

Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:52 pm

TJ wrote:Are you required to do the paper about his death? It could be more enjoyable to write about his career highs. Just a thought.

Yes, I suppose there is. :?
I don't really know how my teacher came up with this idea, but I think it was because the anniversary of James Dean's death and Greta Garbo's birth for 100 years ago. :idea:
He just came and said during one lesson that we were going to choose a famous dead person and write about the circumstances concerning their death and so on...
So I don't really have a choice no... :cry:

Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:58 pm

Matthew wrote:I recommend reading both of these books:

ImageImage

Yes, I have those books and I'm on the second one, but I'm not going to be able to finish it until I have to be finished with the essay. :(
We'll see what I can do...

Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:10 am

elvis'_girl wrote:
Matthew wrote:I recommend reading both of these books:

ImageImage

Yes, I have those books and I'm on the second one, but I'm not going to be able to finish it until I have to be finished with the essay. :(
We'll see what I can do...

Do you have to do Elvis' entire life? You could do a paper on just the Sun Years. Or Maybe 1956. Easier than doing his whole life...

or you could hit the highlights:

1954 - 1955 Sun Getting Started
1956 - Taking the world by storm
Maybe Mention the 60's Movie Rutt
1968 - Comeback Special
1969 - 1970 Live on Stage
1973 - Hawaii

Leave him alive...

bpd

Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:27 am

Please, read. The girl was told by her teacher to write about the death of a celebrity, not his life.

Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:46 am

Spanish_Eyes wrote:Please, read. The girl was told by her teacher to write about the death of a celebrity, not his life.

Well then. I guess I can't read too well. How about this then:

Write about the following:

1954 - 1955 Sun Getting Started
1956 - Taking the world by storm
Maybe Mention the 60's Movie Rutt
1968 - Comeback Special
1969 - 1970 Live on Stage
1973 - Hawaii

Leave him alive...but say later he got bored and depressed and took drugs and died...and everyone noticed something was wrong with him but nobody did anything to help him because for some reason they could only accept cars and houses but not that they were the ones who could make a difference and save a man from himself...no...let's put him on stage in his worst condition so we can film a TV special that will illustrate to the world that we can only accept cars and houses but have no idea on how to help the man that they love but cant't do anything but accept cars and houses from... :twisted:

bpd

Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:38 am

I read the rules and I think this is allowed. If not, I didn't mean to break any rules. Please don't delete me forever.

Elvis_Girl,
You might wish to go to Elviscrawler, go to the left hand column, click on Content, click on A Date with Elvis, click on The New Chronology, put in the date Aug. 16, 1977. Click on info. Steve has a lot of information on the date of E's leaving us.

When you finish, you might wish to go to the forum, and leave a thank you to Steve. He does do a lot of work for us Elvis fans. (If you go to Content, there are a lot of songs you can listen to and other info. If you are a member, you can see a lot of E performances.)
sue

Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:19 pm

silver wrote:I read the rules and I think this is allowed. If not, I didn't mean to break any rules. Please don't delete me forever.

Elvis_Girl,
You might wish to go to Elviscrawler, go to the left hand column, click on Content, click on A Date with Elvis, click on The New Chronology, put in the date Aug. 16, 1977. Click on info. Steve has a lot of information on the date of E's leaving us.

When you finish, you might wish to go to the forum, and leave a thank you to Steve. He does do a lot of work for us Elvis fans. (If you go to Content, there are a lot of songs you can listen to and other info. If you are a member, you can see a lot of E performances.)
sue

Thank you so much for your help Sue, and I'll rememeber to thank Steve as well... :D