Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

I have just ordered "Thank You Very Much".......

Tue Jun 17, 2003 4:17 pm

if someone have it.....what´s your opininon? I think the songlist looks very promising.. :lol:

Tue Jun 17, 2003 5:00 pm

... yeah that's very funny.

Or were you being serious regarding the 'promising looking songlist'?

Don't want to disturb your pleaseant dreams, but it only contains two new songs.

Tue Jun 17, 2003 5:14 pm

I'd have to say this new CD is a bit of disappointment coming from a label that has
provided Elvis fans with a plethora of officially unreleased material.
I guess they are entitled to one "best of" release after over a decade of providing exceptional,
previously unavailable Elvis studio and live performances.
Hopefully there are more good things to come from Fort Baxter!!!
I wonder if they'll consider re-releasing some or all of their catalog that is currently unavailable.

Tue Jun 17, 2003 7:23 pm

The fort baxter best of .........
the following is the review i've made on my web site about this release . I think this cd is really ok BUT ( a big BUT) there's only two new songs , the release of a "best of" is pure commercial legal record label logic , and worst : fort baxter has nothing more to release for us ? BUT (one more) , if you're not an hard core fan and still want to have an import cd , it's a great one .

the review :
i was very septic about this release . Fort Baxter is a great label with a lot of high quality releases , so why a "greatest hits" and not a new soundboard or a some hidden outtakes ? I play this cd just to realise it's almsot the "import" answer to the official 30 n°1 hits !! 
The sound is really great and the choice of the songs is clever , you've got some pure diamonds from 1969 to 1977 .
I've hard some more or less bad critics about this cd , the sound, choice of the tracks etc... really , this cd is great ! A friend of mine has burned it to stick together the tracks and make a "complete" concert . Good idea , but i'm not sure it's not the feeling of this cd . each song has is details, mistakes, feelings . 
you'll also find two unreleased live tracks “ Make The World Go Away “ and “ Something “ from the 1971 era . It's difficult to choose one highlight amongst those tracks , i particulary like the "return to sender" version . 
If you have all the fort baxter releases , try to get this one by trade, if you're rookie about "import" (this term makes me laugh !!) cd : buy, trade, burn , steal it !!!!
Olivier
http://www.elvis-presley-avenue.com

Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:45 am

I actually liked this new (and last?) Fort Baxter import release. The reason being that I find it an entertaining listen the whole way through as it contains many of Baxter's highlights over the years, and the very decent sound quality; even slightly better than on the original releases if my ears hear right. It's Elvis: brilliance & warts and all, and as such addictive.

For someone on a very tight budget and limited interest in soudnboards/imports, this is an excellent purchase. For a soundboard buff, that has to have everything released on SB, it's also a must-have. For the largest group of fans who already have most Baxter releases but are not fanatical in collecting everything, it's probably better to spend your money on something else, and just try to obtain the two "missing" songs from someone.

The packaging is also very nice, although the inside text is kinda useless.
I'd rather read something specific about the songs featured on this album.
I have a feeling Baxter and all the other "soundboard" labels are scraping the bottom of the barrel and I don't expect much to turn up in the near future. Sources have ran dry. Bootlegging has also become a dangerous business, now the music industry is more and more fervently using every legal means to protect their interests. They've also gotten much more effective in tracking down and punishing the bootleggers. That's also a reason behind the recent lack of new and great soundboard materials.

Luckily fans now have acces to many prev. unreleased Elvis materials on FTD.

Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:41 am

I hate to say this but I just have to. On your review for your web pages ELVISAVENUE, you said you were very "septic". I'm sorry but I had a good laugh there. I'm sure you meant "sceptic".
Just thought you should know.

jeff R

Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:17 am

One thing I'm not so crazy about is that they have faded out every song, put a 2 second gap of silence and fade-in the next song. This is the easiest way to offer a compilation of live songs. It's much harder to mix them together, so they didn't...

Besides that. it's a good compilation, especially for folks that don't own all Fort Baxter releases. Go Get It :)