Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Whats your FAVORITE Jumpsuit of Elvis' and why?

Tue Jun 17, 2003 3:55 pm

This should tie in quite nice with the August 1977 Jumpsuit thread...what is your favorite Elvis Jumpsuit and why?
I am torn between a couple, the Aloha Eagle suit for sentimental reasons, thats the suit I really ever first saw Elvis wear (on tv) and after he died my Mom got me the Aloha poster and it hung on my wall right next to Farrah Fawcett :wink: for many years.
My second and maybe even more favorite lately is the "light blue "grass" suit from "An Afternoon In The Garden". That suit is beautiful in my humble opinion and I think Elvis just looked good in his blue suits.
So, come on folks, whats you favorite(s) and why! Peace! 8)

Tue Jun 17, 2003 4:28 pm

I think the nicest looking jumpsuit has to be the aloha suit, for obvious reasons. However, my personal favorite has always been the blue gypsy jumpsuit. When I first became an elvis fan, one of my first items was the book "The boy who dared to rock: the definitive Elvis" by Paul LIchter. And I was looking through this and found an absolutely stunning picture of elvis in his gypsey suit. The way the lights reflected off the suit was amazing. So right from the start, this has been my favorite suit.
-Kevin

Tue Jun 17, 2003 4:54 pm

Here are a few of my favorites. No particular reasons other than I really like the way he looked in them.

I have always liked this picture for some reason. I think it has to do with the big smile on Elvis' face (the JS is pretty cool too!)

Unfortunately this ones not in color, but it's one of my favorites.

Another one of my favorite shots of our man!

Finally, Elvis in July 1975 - He looked awesome here!!!

(Photos courtesy of FECC and http://www.savannahnow.com)

Tue Jun 17, 2003 5:39 pm

WOW E-fan, that is a great first picture...he does look FANTASTIC...all tan and lean and looks to be in an awesome mood, and the suit is a good one! :D SWEET! Now actually, I really don't care much for the last suit pictured, I believe its called the "Gypsy" suit, correct me if I'm wrong. I think it make him look a little, well...I think you know where I am heading on this. Its just a wierd suit, the "poofy" sleeves don't help it any. But, thats just my opinion, glad you like it! 8)

Tue Jun 17, 2003 6:42 pm

elvis-fan, that photo you posted in the gypsy suit is fabulous. He looks alot like he did in "Change of Habit". Something about his hair from this period, he just looked a lot younger and more like himself. Most photos from the 70's, while looking great, he just did not look like the same man who made all of those movies. Your photo however does.
My favorite suits are the American Eagle (not Aloha), Peacock, Teal Phoenix and long fringe.
Steve

Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:01 pm

Nice pictures,

I always liked the 1972 pants and paisley shirts (like Chicago 72) and the two piece suits he wore in 1975. He really looks great in these clothes.

Sonny

Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:15 pm

I'll give you one guess...

Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:16 pm

about what?

ps your picture isn't working...

Sonny

Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:35 pm

wHEW....i'M BACK!!!

Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:39 pm

Still no pic, Eagle!!!

Tue Jun 17, 2003 9:11 pm

G*dd*mned avatar wasn't working...I think it's okay now.

Tue Jun 17, 2003 9:15 pm

Here are a few more nice pics courtesy FECC

The KING in 1974

On the road in 1976

June 1, 1975