Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

THIS IS ELVIS on british TV

Tue Jun 17, 2003 3:52 pm

The 1 and half hour version is on Channel 5, next week Friday 27th, but guess what time... 1 in the morning, Saturday morning, so I quess it's on the 28th. This version has far has I know, has never been put out officially.

Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:45 am

Thanks for that Joe.

Great clips in the film, just a shame the crap narration spoils it!

"If only I could have seen what was happening to me, maybe I could have done something about it"... It makes me want to reach for the sick bag!

It's about time they re-edited it, with a decent narrator this time. It could have been so much better.

Still, it's worth watching for the clips.

Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:43 pm

You're right Getlo, no doubt about it, the naration is absoulutly garbage, but the clips....

TTWII outtakes, On Tour outtakes, Karate, Elvis In Concert {Are You Lonesome Tonight}complete, no stupid woman like on "In Concert".
It's got to be worth watching for them.
There again I think the last time it was on tv, was a weekday afternoon, and they chopped it to hell. In the car "You sneaky B..........ds chopped, in the dark blue suit from "On Tour" "She gave great .....completely chopped. On the 2 and half version, have you seen that bit. "Oh man she could raise the bed" who the hell is that idiot, is that the same guy who narrates the film. I couldn't believe it when I first heard that.

Wed Jun 18, 2003 3:51 pm

Joe -

I think it's "Raise the dead" not "the bed" - either way, it sure ain't what Elvis actually said !

Wed Jun 18, 2003 3:59 pm

Makes a bit more sense Colin, raise the dead, I suppose, rather than bed.
But it's still rubbish, overdubbing Elvis's voice like that.

Thu Jun 19, 2003 1:34 am

"Raise the bed" could be even better!

The girl Elvis was with seemed to have some talent (at least Elvis thought she had!) I'm sure raising the bed wouldn't have been a problem for her!

I was disappointed with the video release, as they had replaced Elvis's voice. I wonder why? His original comments weren't that bad.

Censorship gone mad!

I did wonder why they chose to use 'Love Me' for the 1977 outtakes. They have a lot better footage in their vaults.

Thu Jun 19, 2003 4:07 pm

Guys,

The God-awful narration in "This Is Elvis" was done by Ral Donner. I agree that it's about time that they re-did the movie and removed Ral's voice from the narration. I thought that there were negotiations going on for a re-release of this movie on DVD? What happened to that proposal?

Take Care,
Tony

Thu Jun 19, 2003 4:26 pm

Don't it make you laugh, how the hell did Ral Donner know how Elvis was feeling, like "Getlo" says earlier "If only I could see what was happening to me, maybe I could do something about it" what a load of cobblers. It's a shame that they had to spoil the movie, with some guy who used to be a Elvis soundalike singer, and what about them guys at the starting. Him in the black tracksuit, and that other guy, the young Elvis (or mean't to be).
Jesus.... he looks nothing like him, and sings nothing like him, could they not have found somebody better than him, or better still, miss that bit of Elvis's life out. I can put up with the little kid, but that other idiot Jesus...., I always skip that bit out, when I watch it.

Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:32 pm

The voice on the narration was Ronnie Mcdowell not Ral Donner !

Regards

e.

Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:56 pm

The narration on 'This Is Elvis' is by Ral Donner.

Thu Jun 19, 2003 8:07 pm

Actors:
Paul Boensch III - Elvis at 10
David Scott - Elvis at 18
Dana MacKay - Elvis at 35
Johnny Harra - Elvis at 42
Lawrence Koller - Vernon Presley
Debbie Edge - Gladys Presley
Rhonda Lyn - Priscilla Presley
Larry Raspberry - Dewey Phillips
Furry Lewis - Bluesman
Liz Robinson - Minnie Mac Presley