Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Russ Tamblyn

Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:12 pm

I was reading a Peyton Place Fox Studio Classics DVD review, when I came across the following paragraph:

"What really annoyed me about the track was when Tamblyn was in the middle of a great story about his friendship with Elvis. They cut his story midway to get an inane comment from Moore. We do get to hear the rest of the story, but we have to sit through irrelevant comments before it finishes!"

When did Elvis and Russ Tamblyn meet?

Another connection. Actress Venetia Stevenson. December 55. Russ Tamblyn turns 21 and announces his engagement to her; they make plans for a June wedding. Early 1957 divorce. 1958 Venetia visits Elvis in Memphis.

Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:44 pm

Been an old man from the mountains and glens of god"s country...who is Russ Tamblyn please?...

http://www.uq.net.au/~zzdmcana/SevenBrides/gideon.html

Famouse?.

Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:49 pm

KEV -

Russ Tamblyn ?

An American dancer/actor active mostly in the 50's & 60's.

He was in 'Seven Brides For Seven Brothers' and played the title role in 'Tom Thumb'.

Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:39 pm

Let's not forget Russ' most famous role, Riff in West Side Story. He'd be a musical movie icon even if that were his only role.

I wonder what his thoughts were on the prospect of Elvis being in WSS. I assume he was only considered to play Tony, as he certainly couldn't have handled the dancing required of all the other Jets.

Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:58 pm

Wasn't he also on Twin Peaks?

Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:06 pm

elbo51 -

Yes, Russ was in Twin Peaks.

He's been in various film & TV roles from The Boy With The Green Hair [1948] right up to Inviati Speciali [2000] and possibly some even more recent roles.

Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:16 pm

He also did "West side story" with Natalie Wood. His daughter, Amber, starred in the tv show "Joan of Arcadia".

Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:28 pm

ekenee wrote:He also did "West side story" with Natalie Wood. His daughter, Amber, starred in the tv show "Joan of Arcadia".

Can't you bloody well read? This was already posted 3 above yours.

Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:32 pm

Spellbinder -

There is a school of thought that feels 'bloody well' should be hyphenated.

Just thought I'd mention that.

Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:32 pm

"Can't you bloody well read?" is an awkwardly phrased query.

Doesn't everybody love a nit-picking pest???

Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:10 am

Smellminder(stinkmonger), are you asking if I can read, or if I can't read? And even so, who said I have to read every single post before I post. Besides I added a few tidbits that were not in the previous posts.

Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:43 am

I think I read that Elvis (and the MM) would visit Russ at his (Russ') beach cottage in 56-57. I think the connection (intro) was Nick Adams /Natalie Wood. I think in the TV movie of Natalie shows her running into Elvis at one of Russ' parties. Venetia also visited E in Germany.
sue

Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:02 pm

Russ Tamblyn frequently appeared on the recently cancelled tv show Joan of Arcadia as the 'old man walking his dog' manifestation of God. He also played in the 1963 classic The Haunting as the irreverent nephew who was to inherit Hill House.

I'm bummed out that Joan of Arcadia was cancelled. I was a regular watcher of this fine, classy show.