Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Any day Now version 1970!

Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:47 pm

I hear that there are people out there secretly hiding incredible unreleased Elvis material.

Please i am after footage of this rehearsal from early 1970 Elvis 2nd vegas season,i will settle for good quality audio.

Thanks to Kieth Flyn for letting me hear this,i am now after this in better quality on film or on audio.

Thanks in advance.

any day now

Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:15 pm

I just love these sweet and innocent comments from some of the fans...Gerry , I settle for a bad 1970 recording of Any Day Now, any day!

Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:27 pm

Gerry my loon...long time no BAD MIX MAN...happy days. :P

Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:28 pm

Footage of the rehearsal? Any Day Now? The same in the bootleg In A Class Of His Own??
Explain this :D

Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:22 am

Elvis did rehearsals prior to his second season at vegas (as he did for the others) but there is a gem of rare songs in this rehearsal(as there is in the unheard rehearsals in 69)but the difference is some of these from the 2nd season have surfaced such as a gem of a performance of "Anyday Now".

Someone has some amount of film and i want to see it.

Please post a message here annonymously to confirm that you have a clip to upload.

Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:10 am

Well, I'd give me right arm and my left leg to see this. But who says it was filmed? I seriously doubt that. And even if someone had this on film, you and I will never get to see it. I don't think we'll ever get to hear any 1969 rehearsals either. Just because Joe Tunzi mentions them in his book doesn't mean there is a tape somewhere.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:41 pm

There are most likely many tapes, only problem of course being the people who owns them...they don´t want to share without getting paid ridicilous amounts of money for it!

Sincerely MB280E

Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:47 pm

I believe something exist. I don´t doubt anything....maybe some collector here could shed some lights on this...
At least inform if it exists or not...

Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:52 pm

I have it on the soundtrack of one of the White Pantie movies. I thought everybody had this?

:lol:

Jules

Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:28 pm

About five or six years ago, I was walking on the street (in downtown) and there was a fair and I asked the guy if he had something about Elvis. He said: "I have this tape here.." For my surprise it was a complete rehearsal filmed by MGM (actually it was a test for TTWII rehearsals). It has Any Day Now there.. Is this the tape you guys are talking about ? If yes, it´s highly recommended. It´s very good. Elvis is in a good mood and the picture and sound quality are awesome! Much better than Aloha quality.

Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:28 pm

There must be some rehearsals on tape that we ain't heard yet. Like the one "I'm Leaving It Up to You" came from. I find it hard to believe that this was the only song recorded on that rehearsal. Then again, if it exists, it is in private hands, and the collector who has it obviously won't sell it. So we're not going to hear it even if it does exist. I try not to think about these things too much. It makes me seriously depressed!

We are very fortunate to have people like Keith Flynn around.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Rehearsals

Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:34 pm

If I'm not mistaken we also have a version of True Love Travels On A Gravel Road recorded during the Feb 1970 rehearsals available on some bootleg cd's... There's some great dialgue from Elvis where he refers to Charlie Hodge as a "tree trunk looking ba@#ard" too!

Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:35 pm

Mark,

This CDR "In A Class Of His Own" has Any Day Now and True Love Travels On A Gravel Road... It´s pretty good.

Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:37 pm

You can also find True Love Travels.... on Kicking Back And Forth and Any Day Now on From The Bottom Of My Heart Vol 2. :lol:

Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:42 pm

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote: I try not to think about these things too much. It makes me seriously depressed!

I agree!!! I really get depressed to think that this exists and we can´t put our hands on it!

Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:07 pm

Try "No Fooling Around" August 4.1972 OS..
Bonus songs: Many of the above mentioned rehearsals..

Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:43 pm

During these rehearsals from 1970 Elvis rehearsed Delta Lady isn´t it??

Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:17 am

I call Graceland some years ago .and say that I have Beta video tape with Elvis signing Any day now…
They call me back and say they already have it ,of curs I don’t have it… but that sound looks like it comes from a camera…
One other thing is that I call some on BMG and say that I have a TAPE THAT Elvis singing “Feelings” from 1976.
The man I talk to ask me if I can play it for him over the phone and I play the song with Jimmy Ellis …( he believed it was Elvis)
I call him back some days later and he say they already have it, and not interesting to buy a copy…
Alex

Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:05 am

elvisalex,

Thanks,Yes it does exist,some of these rehearsals were filmed.

Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:09 pm

GERRY wrote:elvisalex,

I don´t know why but my smile went across my ears :D

Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:28 pm

renanagulled wrote:
GERRY wrote:elvisalex,

I don´t know why but my smile went across my ears :D

Sure Renan.... I´m smiling now!!!

Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:58 pm

GERRY wrote:Thanks,Yes it does exist,some of these rehearsals were filmed.

"any day now, love will let me down..." :D

Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:27 pm

This type of thread depresses me. The Memphis sessions are my fav of Elvis and to think he sang two great tracks from that session in 1970 and I ain't got them..

... o, pour me another whiskey!
Last edited by pacer on Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:45 pm

One more draughter of this whiskey......

Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:57 pm

I pay the next couple of drinks for you guys.... :lol: :lol: