Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

"Stranger...etc." sound on Suspicios Minds cd

Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:22 pm

I was loading this into my computer and it sounds to me like the splash cymbal sounds broken-up, especially at the beginning, at it's worst at about :10 in. Does anyone else find this to be a problem?

If you agree, what do you think the 70's box is a better source? I know I don't like the Memphis Record mix, and I don't have Elvis in Memphis' upgrade! Why do you think the cymbal sounds so bad?

Tue Jun 17, 2003 3:39 pm

I don´t think you´ll find Stranger In My Own Home Town on any release presenting seventies Elvis material. :)
Anyway, I feel that the drumsound on the recordings from American Sound Studios is great. It has some of the best drumsound ever on any Elvis recording in my point of view.

Sincerely MB280E

Tue Jun 17, 2003 6:57 pm

Geez, MB don't get your panties in a wad. So I made a mistake, b.f.d; your reply is needlessly condescending. I meant the 60's box set, I was doing mostly 70's stuff that day so I got confused. So sue me.

And I am not saying the drum sounds are bad on the American Sessions; only a deaf person would. If you weren't so busy thinking up a snide reply, you might have read that I merely said the spash cymbal starting at about :10 into Stranger In My Own Hometown sounded funky to me for a short bit. How you turned that into me saying S.M. had bad drums sounds overall God only knows.

So if you or anyone else is interested in seeing if I am right, maybe you could pop the cd in and listen to the cymbal during the intro.

Thanks.

Wed Jun 18, 2003 5:23 am

I don't notice any problem on my copy. :?

8)

Wed Jun 18, 2003 12:17 pm

Hey BIA, is there a problem with my reply to your post?? Didn´t you notice the smile or what...?? Remind me not to reply to any of your posts if you react in that manner!

Sincerely MB280E