Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

IS THIS ELVIS GUITAR PICK REAL?

Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:42 pm

IS THIS ITEM REAL.I HAVE PHOTOS BUT DONT KNOW HOW TO POST THEM.ITS A BIG TRIANGULAR PICK.

Item location: Southern Ca., CA
United States

Post to: Worldwide
Postage, payment details and return policy

Seller information
epmemorabilia ( 854)
Feedback Score: 854
Positive Feedback: 99.9%
Member since 07-Feb-99 in United States

Read feedback comments
Add to Favourite Sellers
Ask seller a question
View seller's other items

PayPal Buyer Protection
Free Coverage now up to £500. See eligibility.

Description Seller assumes all responsibility for listing this item.

Elvis Presley’s personal triangle guitar pick purchased from Elvis Presley Enterprises. The pick is made of tortoise shell with Elvis’ initials in white on one side “ E.P.”. Measures 1.5” (appx.). Certificate of Authenticity states: “Triangle Tortoise Shell E.P Guitar Pick. This item listed above is an original artifact directly from the archives of the Estate of Elvis Presley at Graceland. Signed by Angie Marchese, Curatorial Assistant Elvis Presley Enterprises, Graceland. The certificate is printed on ivory parchment paper. Pick is in excellent condition. Color photo of Elvis holding the pick in his left hand is included. Winning bid pays for shipping, handling and insurance accept PayPal. Please let me know if you want this item insured, sent FedEx, UPS or any other method. Once it leaves my possession it is the sole responsibility of the buyer. Please visit my other auctions. I WILL BE OUT OF THE COUNTRY JULY 30 TO AUGUST 17, I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS TILL THEN.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Select a picture

Free Counters powered by Andale!

Postage, payment details and return policy [/img]

Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:50 pm

Can you at least post a link?

Tom

Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:01 pm

how?

Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:09 pm

item number 7542970212 on the best selling world auction site.not sure if i can say it here.thanks

Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:16 pm

Yes, you can say eBay on here. Well the pick looks authentic to me and, considering that someone paid $360 for it, I hope it is. I see that the auction ended 2 days ago, so I'm curious as to why you're asking now.

Tom

Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:16 pm

It's as genuine as they come these days (from the EPE archives) but it is NOT the one he is actually holding in the picture.

I have one also and here's a link:

http://elvispresleyscrapbook.co.uk/artefact_13.htm

Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:29 pm

i bought it.i suppose he had loads made over the years.different tones of plastic .etc.they are never gonna all match are they?thanks for the links. how much did you pay and when.how come they sell some of these items?

Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:33 pm

woodywoodpecker wrote:i suppose he had loads made over the years.different tones of plastic .etc.

Do you mean Elvis or the guy you bought yours from???

Tom

Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:35 pm

i mean elvis.he would have them all over the place. i know i am a guitarist. i wanted it to go with the james burton one i caught at the concert in birmingham.

Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:37 pm

oooooooooooooooooook

Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:24 pm

Woodywoodpecker,
I paid $150.00 less employee discount of 20% which made the cost to me $131.10
My certificate and bill of sale on link below.
http://elvispresleyscrapbook.co.uk/cert_auth.htm

Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:38 pm

are these items from the vegas sale of graceland items.

Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:42 pm

No, the guitar pics are from GRACELAND/EPE archives, I suspect these are left overs and were never used.
I purchased mine at Graceland.

Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:50 pm

That pick is a archival pick from graceland. Never touched by elvis,s hand. But would have been if he had lived. says Graceland

150 is to much for a pick in my opinion .
for a would have been.but if your happy with it,then that,s all that matters.

joe

Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:06 pm

Joe, you are correct and that's just what it says on the certificate:

<b>The item listed above (EP tortious shell guitar pick) is an original artifact directly from the archive of the estate of Elvis Presley at Graceland</b>

It is a 'could have been', just like me really :roll: :shock:

GUITAR PICK

Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:10 pm

The EP guitarpick is true and real and was used by Elvis during the last two tours in 1977.
I got mine handed out personally from one of his musicians who sometimes used to pick them up after the show, just to keep them for himself. So I guess I can be sure to have gotten a pick which was really touched and used by Elvis.
But as some of you correctly wrote, most of these triangular picks might have never been used in concert as the King sadly passed away before he could get his hands on these guitar picks. Amen.