Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Second edition of "A private moment" out now!

Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:36 am

It has happened,now the second edition of "A private moment" on the Follow that dream label is out now!
Ernst Joergensen seriously said that there would not be a second release of these cd`s.
I saw a second edition release at one of the gift shops at Elvis Presley Boulevard.
Second edition has Elvis written in Orange on frontcover,original color is yellow.
Something is wrong!

Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:33 am

What's wrong with a second edition when a title sells out? There'd be absolutely no reason not to print a second edition with all the scalping that's going on in places like eBay, etc.

Re: Second edition of "A private moment" out now!

Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:30 am

svallen wrote:Ernst Joergensen seriously said that there would not be a second release of these cd`s.

He said this in 1999. In the past year BMG deleted much of the Presley catalog, and this changed the intent and longevity of the FTD discs.

At this time they will remain in print, to supplement those items by Elvis no longer available at retail. It's a pretty good deal for the hardcore fan.

DJC

Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:18 am

svallen -

I'd love to know the sales of the FTD releases !

If Ernst thinks this info is too sensitive, he could, at least, publish the titles ranked in sales order.

Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:28 am

That's a good point. Have the sales of FTD's ever been disclosed?
Anyone know for sure what the 3 top sellers are? Afterall, we helped in the sales (I have them all.)

As Colin puts it...I think we should be told!

Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:43 pm

Don't you guys read Elvis - The Man And His Music?! :wink:

About a year ago, in that brilliant magazine, Ernst said that "New Years Eve" had sold about 7000 copies, and that "Jungle Room Sessions" is easily the most popular FTD release ever. However, he didn't reveal any sales figures for that one.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:46 pm

Keith -

You wrote:
...and that "Jungle Room Sessions" is easily the most popular FTD release ever.

Thanks for the reminder !

So the studio Elvis from 1976 beats all the others ?

So much for the '68 Special, American Sound etc !

Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:05 pm

Apparently it does, Colin! This interview can be found in issue 63 of The Man And His Music. It's from March 2004. Ernst also states that "Easter Special" is the least popular FTD release. And the '60s Nashville FTD's sell less than the soundboards! :shock: It's funny, isn't it? Gospel and '50s and '60s stuff is what sells in the mainstream, while the hardcore fans are more interested in soundboards and other '70s material. No wonder BMG are so confused that all they can come up with is... uh, "Hitstory", or whatever it's called.

At the time of the interview, FTD were working on "several" CD/book packages. Yes!

In anyone's interested, the latest issue of EMM features CD reviews, an interview with '68 special writers Allan Blye and Chris Beard, a feature on Opening Night 1969, a feature titled Collector's Corner, an article about "Good Luck Charm", and more. This is the only Elvis magazine you need.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:42 pm

Keith -

You wrote:
This is the only Elvis magazine you need.

Hmmm.............

With so many Elvis sites on the net, bringing us up-to-the-minute news and stuff, do we need a printed mag at all ?

The very act of publishing, printing and distributing them makes them pretty out-of-date by the time we get our grubby paws on them !

As for the FTD sales, it would be nice to get an update on those 2004 figures.

Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:42 pm

ColinB wrote:Keith -

You wrote:

Hmmm.............

With so many Elvis sites on the net, bringing us up-to-the-minute news and stuff, do we need a printed mag at all ?quote]

Yes, we do! I agree about the news bit, though - you don't need magazines to deliver the news when you have the Internet. You just can't beat the Internet when it comes to news and discussions. I confess: I check in on FECC every single day. BUT... when I'm looking for photos and good, well-written articles and interviews, I much prefer a printed publication. That's why I subscribe to EMM - they have great writers, they have interesting articles and interviews, they have lots of previously unseen photos. The news round-up section in every issue is only two pages long.

Of course, I do enjoy reading reviews and stuff on the Internet, too, especially when they're written by people like Doctor Savage and Piers, you know the EIN guy. But I like books and magazines better and that's why I recently suggested that Piers should collect his fabulous EIN reviews in a book... :oops:

Guess I'm a little bit old-fashioned...

Keith Richards, Jr.

Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:20 pm

ColinB wrote:Keith -

You wrote:

Hmmm.............

With so many Elvis sites on the net, bringing us up-to-the-minute news and stuff, do we need a printed mag at all ?

The very act of publishing, printing and distributing them makes them pretty out-of-date by the time we get our grubby paws on them !

As for the FTD sales, it would be nice to get an update on those 2004 figures.

The Internet is great, Colin, but it will never take the place of magazines. You can't read the Internet when you're in the bath or on the bus or relaxing in the sun in your back yard. And there's a great feeling when your magazine arrives on your door mat. You just don't get that feeling with the Internet.

Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:50 pm

The small price for all your FTD dreams to come true!

Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:22 am

genesim wrote:The small price for all your FTD dreams to come true!

Dear Mr. Kiss Man,
Eh?

Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:07 am

genesim wrote:The small price for all your FTD dreams to come true!

OK Genesim, HOP along now and get a GRIP on things!!!

:wink: :wink: :wink:

Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:21 am

that would be the cost if gene simmons decides to release kiss rarities on dvd or cd.
geneism.
i can't figure out why people are so hooked on 1976 sessions.
i like it all.
listen to more than just 1976 sessions and shows where ep sounds like crap.