Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Phil Aitcheson Interview on EIN

Tue Jun 17, 2003 6:07 am

Does anyone have a view on the Phil Aitcheson (The Presley Commission) interview on EIN: http://www.elvis.com.au about Elvis being alive :?

Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:15 am

My view is that I just wasted a lot of time reading that!

Seriously, Chad, thanks for drawing it to our attention. Aitcheson's comments were elusive, full of double-speak, his saying "I've already answered that" on several occasions when he hadn't, and basically just senseless drivel. He would speak as if he was making some really groundbreaking point when he basically was saying nothing at all. Trying to follow his thoughts and figure out what they had to do with the questions posed to him made for a very laborious read. I suppose my incredulity had something to do with that as well!

But it was nice to read Nigel Patterson finally grill him on some specifics towards the end of the interview. Obviously, the guy didn't turn me into a believer with his answers. Although he nearly got me with his parting words: "In whatever the truth, rest assured it will be told, and it is quite probable that we will be seeing him again…" :wink:

Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:23 am

BobbyTCB wrote:My view is that I just wasted a lot of time reading that!

I stopped reading it the minute it became clear what it was all about.

Instead, I skipped to the end to see the why it was even on EIN in the first place.

Tabloid nonsense.

N8
...just a fan....

Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:38 am

N880EP wrote:Instead, I skipped to the end to see the why it was even on EIN in the first place.

I never did figure that one out!

Tue Jun 17, 2003 9:00 am

BobbyTCB wrote: I never did figure that one out!

Neither did I. Disappointed to see it there.

Must be a pretty official "Commission" though, .............. got a fancy P.O. Box and everything.

N8
...just a fan....

Phil Aitcheson Interview on EIN

Wed Jun 18, 2003 2:23 am

As the interviewer I have to agree Phil Aitcheson's answers were vague and left a lot to be desired. The interview was an opportunity for him to validate his position with facts and figures, but instead he simply reinforced views on the Commission that it is secretive and speaks rhetorically rather than factually.

As to why EIN did the interview, the issue is a real one for many fans. Also, it is consistent with our name Elvis INFORMATION Network.

Our original intention was to run a case for and a case against Elvis being alive. Gary Enders who is writing the case against unfortunately has been quite ill in recent months and his position will not be available for a month or so.

Wed Jun 18, 2003 4:28 am

Wed Jun 18, 2003 4:59 am

Hi, Nigel!

You know... for some points on a case "against", you should talk to a friend of mine, Steve Kelley.... he knows some great answers to the few things Phil did say.. including (if I remember right) the identity of the man in the picture.

E-mail me at jonburrows@mchsi.com if you're interested and get a chance and I'll give you his contact info. :)

Wed Jun 18, 2003 5:16 am

Nigel-

I can appreciate your objective reporting on the subject, and I can see why it was addressed. I think basically your interviewee giving you the run-around every chance he got is what makes us think that such blatant BS is not something we are used to seeing on EIN. But that was, of course, Mr. Aitcheson's doing, and your posting it on your site was a good thing to do. Sorry to have sounded critical, but I am sure you can understand our reactions. Keep up the great work!

Mike-

The question to ask here is, why can't you post such information on here? Or has your contact sworn you to secrecy or something? I don't believe the picture is of Elvis, but it really does look like him and I would love to find out what's really behind that photo.

Also, I am sure anyone who hasn't seen it would love to see that photo, if someone could post it on here--not to perpetuate the Elvis Is Alive myth, but it is interesting for sure.

Thanks!

Wed Jun 18, 2003 5:53 am

Oops :oops: ... my bad.. I meant the picture Phil talks about in the interview - where some guy is sitting in a chair inside Graceland. Not the pic posted on here. I remember him telling me exactly who it was, but it was long enough ago that I don't remember.

Steve's not that secretive of a guy, it's just that I don't know if he'd appreciate me putting his address for everyone to see, since he's not a memeber of any groups. I'm sure he'd have a ton of good points, if I could recall them myself, I'd put them up here, but he's the best one to tell them.

Sorry, that post did sound a bit weird.. lol

Wed Jun 18, 2003 6:20 am

I've read a lot of the Presley Commission stuff and it never changes. They knock others for being "self-appointed" and forget they appointed themselves as so-called custodians of the Elvis conspiracy. If we believe all the stories, Phil Aitcheson is employed by Graceland to keep the conspiracy going, create ongoing interest and make more profits for the estate.

Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:48 am

EIN - like I said, "tabloid nonsense." If the shoe fits ..............

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Amber - I tip my hat to you, ...................... wise words, indeed.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

N8
... just a fan ....

Wed Jun 18, 2003 3:30 pm

If anyone seriously still doubts Elvis is dead, listen to the lyrics of 'Nobody Noticed It' on the Lisa Marie CD- the words of a daughter to her father.

Wed Jun 18, 2003 4:32 pm

I unfortunately took the time to read this drivel.
I don't have any issue with EIN conducting and posting this interview.
Nigel is right in that it is information about Elvis.

My view is that this guy and his "Presley Commission" is a glorified Elvis Fan Club and that's the extent of it.

To parallel the games this kook and his fan club have played to the investigations into the deaths of JFK and Marylin Monroe is a farce.

How sad it is that the weak minded still choose to believe that Elvis is alive.
I myself would like nothing more than Elvis to come out of hiding and start touring again.
Maybe through Canada and Europe and Asia and...
Sadly, that will never happen.

If there is any doubt about Elvis' death, the book "The Death of Elvis" speaks volumes.

I did want to post this one question/answer from the article:

EIN: Our understanding is that The Presley Commission holds the view that Elvis was not affected by drugs and in fact faked his ‘strung-out’ appearance. What evidence supports this view?

PA: In the matter of Elvis’ supposed decaying health, the blame is too often placed on bad habits. There is no physical evidence relating to an addiction to drugs. The medications that were being administered at the time were a combination of pharmaceutical items that were purchased for the two known conditions that Elvis was legitimately being treated for. Glaucoma, and an impacted colon problem had developed. Medications for the Glaucoma condition, are said to have been ordered as well as Testosterone shots as suggested treatment for the impacted colon problem. Contrary to popular belief, Elvis did not have a colostomy. The medications that were ordered to accompany the entourage on tour was for varied legitimate problems that various members of Elvis’ entourage required. It is the Commissions’ view that polypharmacy did not figure into the equation.

Wed Jun 18, 2003 5:08 pm

We had a similar thing on the old MB, when the "Elvis-Crawler" MB was discussed.

I think this bunch of space-cadets might be very happy on that one!

Wed Jun 18, 2003 5:13 pm

Weak minded, or Open minded?

Wed Jun 18, 2003 5:18 pm

Empty Headed?

Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:16 pm

MikeMcCoy wrote:Oops :oops: ... my bad.. I meant the picture Phil talks about in the interview - where some guy is sitting in a chair inside Graceland. Not the pic posted on here. I remember him telling me exactly who it was, but it was long enough ago that I don't remember.

Mike-

I didn't misunderstand you--you and I were talking about the same photo. (Actually, I am not sure what the above photo is all about, but I would guess those are mourners of Elvis's death out in front of Graceland who were overcome by the heat...) The photo we are talking about does in fact look very much like Elvis, and as I said above, I would like to hear what's the real story there. And again, if anyone could post the photo, that would be much appreciated. I haven't seen it myself in a good while.

And beyond the guy's name, it would be more interesting to hear the circumstances of the photo. Did they find a lookalike and then pay a staffer to let the guy inside so they could take that picture? I don't guess there were too many staffers at that point, and certainly not as much supervision of the goings on at the property. Something like that would be my guess.

Thanks.

Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:16 pm

MikeMcCoy wrote:Oops :oops: ... my bad.. I meant the picture Phil talks about in the interview - where some guy is sitting in a chair inside Graceland. Not the pic posted on here. I remember him telling me exactly who it was, but it was long enough ago that I don't remember.

Steve's not that secretive of a guy, it's just that I don't know if he'd appreciate me putting his address for everyone to see, since he's not a memeber of any groups. I'm sure he'd have a ton of good points, if I could recall them myself, I'd put them up here, but he's the best one to tell them.

Sorry, that post did sound a bit weird.. lol

Here is a close up of the Guy sitting in the chair!

Wed Jun 18, 2003 8:43 pm

I can't remember totally... it's either a look-a-like from the area, or a relative or something...

As soon as I find out, I'll post it on here. :)

Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:18 pm

LonnieBeale wrote:Weak minded, or Open minded?

Obviously, if that's your opinion, I stand by my original statement.
Get a life, and get one quick!

Wed Jun 18, 2003 10:53 pm

Just some comments:
1.) I thought the person in the photo of the face looking out the door was revealed to be Al Strada.
2.) For anyone who harbors doubts that Elvis died on 8/16/77, take a look at the Omaha concert then consider the following: Elvis was a badly overworked, middle-aged, obese man (50 lbs. by my estimation - that makes him a bit more than just "overweight"), who ate poorly, and had a horrific substance abuse problem that detrimentally effected his major organs! As if this wasn't enough he also had (according to some sources) a genetically bad heart which his poor diet certainly didn't help. Given all of this, Elvis death was an accident waiting to happen in 76-77. Sad, but true.

Thu Jun 19, 2003 3:19 am

MikeMcCoy wrote:I can't remember totally... it's either a look-a-like from the area, or a relative or something...

As soon as I find out, I'll post it on here. :)

Can you not see this picture?

Thu Jun 19, 2003 3:35 am

Thanks, Dan! We can see it. I like the faraway shot better for its clarity. I think it's the best photo of an "Elvis" sighting around.

Please note Elvis was in quotes for a reason...

Thu Jun 19, 2003 3:45 am

Anybody here know who that could be,looking like Elvis,sitting in one of his chairs in Dec' 1978? I don't think it looks like Al Stada.

See it's crap like this that gets all the wishful thinkers going,its sad but really,what harm is it doing Elvis at the end of the day? it wouldn't surprise me if EPE would like to keep this Elvis is still alive going,surely it has been good for business?